It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Largest U.S. business group attacks Trump on tariffs

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
a reply to: Kharron

Trump fart at the dinner table yesterday

#notmypresident

I'll one up your classy post -- he could do that in your ear and you'd still #lovemypresident

But I suggest we focus on his lack of experience and character, and the repercussions it's starting to have on all of us. You live here too, don't you?

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   

I'm just matching the pettiness of anti Trumpers

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

I'm just matching the pettiness of anti Trumpers

It's better to play nice to everyone, if this goes south you might just be cornering yourself.

Have a good day, toys.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Sounds like another guy with no ideas but he is good at whining. Safe to ignore him until he is president.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   

I've been cornered before. I can wait until something actually happens to offer criticism rather picking apart every sentence, every word, every cup of coffee, every drink he has.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Sounds like another guy with no ideas but he is good at whining. Safe to ignore him until he is president.

Like I said, this is nothing, let's ignore it.

When they start posting statistics, everyone here will have their own and we'll compare them. And their (Chamber) statistics come straight from Trump's government, so they will be irrefutable, because he and his government are infallible.

Be back tonight.

edit on 2-7-2018 by Kharron because: clarify

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   

For the second and final time, I never said that they were okay yesterday. Apply that assumption to someone else.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

For the second and final time, I never said that they were okay yesterday. Apply that assumption to someone else.

Since we have a firm confirmation that you were never OK with a company engaged in extortion, as you imply, and since you work with extortion daily and understand such implications -- are we safe to assume you do not support Trump? That you are not a Republican? Logic would dictate so.

Since Trump was in bed with these extortionists and enjoyed their support until today, it would make him an accomplice, right? Or the fact that this organization that used to be bi-partisan went full Republican in 2016 and that ALL of the $29 million they donated that year went to Republican candidates, and has since then, we can assume many Republican representatives made themselves accomplice to extortion, whether they know it or not -- they took the money.

Or should I assume that extortion doesn't matter and your opinions and values are formed in a different way?

P.S. I'll have some access for the next couple of hours, but may take a while to respond.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kharron

“The administration is threatening to undermine the economic progress it worked so hard to achieve,” said Chamber President Tom Donohue in a statement to Reuters. “We should seek free and fair trade, but this is just not the way to do it.”

US Chamber of Commerce is our nation's largest business lobbying group and the President has enjoyed their support until now. They launched a campaign against the White House today, in which they plan to outline the costs of the tariff wars as they will translate to the wallets of the everyday American, adding billions in cost that will ultimately be paid by us. They also plan on spending millions of dollars on the mid-term elections to find more like-minded politicians, who as they said will back free trade and immigration.

The White House has not responded yet to this news and has not put out any statements yet, but we can expect a heavy backlash from the President and a possible Twitter War for a few days.

The Chamber, which has 3 million members, historically has worked closely with Republican presidents and had praised Trump for signing corporate tax cuts in December. But mounting trade tensions have opened a rift with the president.

The Chamber based its state-by-state analysis on data from the U.S. Department of Commerce and government agencies in China, the EU, Mexico, and Canada.

I am sure that many will brush this off and say -- lobbyists, who needs them? Well, the President apparently. He is where he is because of lobbyists and his policies so far have shown a heavy involvement from lobbying groups, especially in the banking and business sectors. The President said during the campaign that he would move Washington away from lobbying, although he never disclosed a plan of how that was going to happen. Losing support from the biggest groups will not hinder them in any way, but it may hinder his chances of staying in office.

Reuters

This character as been the president of the Chamber of Congress for many years...This is the first I've heard him mention anything about 'fair' trade...

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kharron
... -- are we safe to assume you do not support Trump? That you are not a Republican? Logic would dictate so.

Libertarian, but with a small "L"...there are parts of the party with which I disagree.

Since Trump was in bed with these extortionists and enjoyed their support until today, it would make him an accomplice, right?

Extortion is an act by one side.

... we can assume many Republican representatives made themselves accomplice to extortion, whether they know it or not -- they took the money.

No, that cannot be assumed. Like I said, extortion is a one-sided affair.

If I commit extortion on someone, and they comply, regardless if they know or feel like I am engaging in extortion, they do not get brought up on charges as "accomplices."

Or should I assume that extortion doesn't matter and your opinions and values are formed in a different way?

One should never assume--I'm sure that you've heard the cliché surrounding what assuming does.

But enough about me...I'm bored with this interrogation.

Best regards.

P.S. I'll have some access for the next couple of hours, but may take a while to respond.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: KharronThe Core Issues is not trade, but what we trade with..

"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered.... I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies.... The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs. Thomas Jefferson..."

www.monticello.org...

How can we ever achieve fair trade, in a very unfair monetary system?? The one has everything to do with the other.

To attack anyone ignorant of the above, is ignorant itself.

You cant begin to trade fairly, until all parties trade with a equal instrument, or money. Tariffs and taxes are used to equalize the value between the differing systems. And, gold and silver based monetary systems are incompatible with fiat money.

Donald is not a politician and because of that, can see through the falseness of our system. Since 1912 the Federal Reserve System(Private Banks, Private Owners, fiat) has created corrupted businesses and corrupted trade. The solution is simple but the hardest to implement because of the ignorance factor. No one will understand who haven't studied history and only study politics.

Go back to constitutional money, and trade will correct itself ......... My humble opinion...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join