It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Multi-car shootout in Dallas neighborhood

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   

www.fox4news.com...#/
This is some crazy stuff right here!!!

NOTE* Please click on the SECOND video closer to the bottom, that is the FULL 10 minute VIDEO... (The first one is a short edited version that doesn't show it all)

Caught on Camera: Multi-car shootout in Dallas neighborhood barely misses sleeping toddler

DALLAS - Home surveillance cameras captured a rolling gun battle through Dallas’ Oak Lawn Heights neighborhood early Sunday morning, with bullets barely missing a sleeping toddler.

People thought they were hearing fireworks when the shootout started, then in a sleepy haze, realized it was 5:30 in the morning.

Dozens of shots can be heard during the Sunday morning incident. Tires screech as the cars, with at least two people inside each, roll onto Parkland Avenue. Someone is lifted out of the pursuing car on the left side of the video to get a better shot. When the gunfire stops, the people in the other car run.

The footage is from Sharmin Ashtaputre and Nam Duong's surveillance camera.

I am sorry I don't know how to place a video on here properly.

www.fox4news.com...#/
edit on 2-7-2018 by recrisp because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: recrisp

Before viewing the video and take a shot in the dark.

Multi car shootout in Dallas hood.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Before viewing the video and take a shot in the dark.

Multi car shootout in Dallas hood.

I'm from Dallas originally, but I am not sure where this particular neighborhood is. You are probably right though, but they still seemed very surprised at the violence that happened.
I used to see gunfights similar to this when I was a teenager, but this is like a crazy movie here!

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Nice police response time.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

That's what I was thinking.

Wow.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I'd think twice about showing up too.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   

But....aren't they the ones that are expected to protect us all when the guns are outlawed for citizens? If they cannot respond in time, who will be prepared to protect us at that point?

Things that make you go, hmmmmmmmmmmmm.....

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Here's a Google Map link to where the video was taken from.
www.google.com...@32.8175854,-96.8303426,127a,35y,56.03h,45t/data=!3m1!1e3!4m13!1m7!3m6!1s0x864e9ea418 c04515:0x6a86988260670de5!2sParkland+Ave,+Dallas,+TX+75235!3b1!8m2!3d32.8181769!4d-96.8291939!3m4!1s0x864e9ea418c04515:0x6a86988260670de5!8m2!3d32.818 1769!4d-96.8291939?hl=en

This is an older neighborhood that's being redone, I have been through there a few years back (I didn't realize that a while ago though) and it is a place where younger and successful people live and raise families. I don't think it is the 'hood', but the "hood" is not far away in any direction. I used to live about 3-1/2 miles from there back until the early 70's, where I lived was definitely the "hood", but I am not certain how long this place has been revitalized.

Anyway, if you get a chance, I guarantee that you will not believe the insanity that (drug dealers, I assume) will do for their paycheck.
I counted upwards to 'around' 40 shots fired in this from the beginning to the end, it was very hard to count them.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   

I think that the house with the camera was that modern, out-of-place house in the middle. What an odd house for that neighborhood.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

I think that the house with the camera was that modern, out-of-place house in the middle. What an odd house for that neighborhood.

Yeah, it is that house.
Odd looking for sure, but as you 'drive' down the street using Google Maps you can see other houses that are similar. This at one time appears to be a nice neighborhood, one that was starting to show its age, then people started renovating. There are other neighborhoods not far away that were very nice neighborhoods that have been renovated, that is the only good thing about that part of Dallas.

That entire area is surrounded by the poor, having a mansion at the best neighborhood in that area still means that you will see crime, it can't be escaped from. By, "poor", I mean, government housing project poor, I don't know if they are still there but the attitude in that area has not changed, I know that, not since the 60's.
I do not miss that city at all, I hate driving through it too, even on the interstate.

I looked at the street from the exact point that the house camera was videoing that morning, it showed it really close, you could see that it a''pears' by all intents and purposes to be a normal street, at least, now.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 05:14 PM
link   

LOL

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Guess who's house is going to be targeted next..

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

For a poor area the area is super clean..

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: chrismarco

OMG! MINE?

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   

a reply to: SlapMonkey

For a poor area the area is super clean..

This is actually 'in the middle' of a poor area. There are pockets of nice areas in Dallas that are all surrounded by poor areas, I only assume that every place is like that, or, it's the mayor's fault.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Probably the White House--I'm sure that this was Trump's fault somehow.

Also, I used to live in a relatively "poor" neighborhood that consisted of homes built between the '30s and '50s, and it was still relatively clean. I know many people who live in poor areas who still take pride in home ownership and their neighborhoods.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I am surprised at how nobody has mentioned watching this.
Has anyone seen this yet?
If you did, did you not agree that it's CRAZY?
This is not just a story about a shooting taking place, it is a video that shows it from beginning to end.

Just wonderin', I thought it was as wild as wild gets.

I do understand about not wanting to not click on a link from a news station where there are commercials, but I guarantee you that it is worth it.
edit on 3-7-2018 by recrisp because: (no reason given)

top topics

join