It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huh? Obama granted 2500 Iranians US citizenship as part of the nuke deal.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: Kharron

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: Kharron
Well if true, then this will be exceedingly easy for the Trump White House to investigate. They would have access to all of those records, deals made, citizenships granted and logged with multiple agencies and so on.

If this goes nowhere, I can see two reasons for it:

a) FOX spreads propaganda, doesn't fact check and should not be considered a credible source.
b) Trump is in bed with Obama and will protect him and his actions.

Which one is worse? Is there a third option?

I'll be first to criticize Fox if this proves to be bogus.

That said, it's interesting that one poorly vetted story means you "should not be considered a credible source". That pretty much rules out everyone.

One for today?

It will be interesting to see if it is indeed wrong, if anyone is fired or disciplined for it, or if the network apologizes even. We had a thread recently of a Reuters employee tweeting bias on his own time and getting disciplined by Reuters, as a news agency should do. It will be nice to see if FOX does anything similar or worse over actual published material. Wanna guess what happens based on past examples?

All the majors news agencies have multiple examples of poorly vetted stories, let's not pretend that's exclusive to Fox.

I read that Reuters was going to discipline him, I haven't seen what they did though. Have you seen an update on that?

Haven't yet. But I think they should. That's what makes a news agency.

What CNN, MSNBC, FOX and the rest of ours do makes all of them less than credible. They all need to redeem themselves but I really don't know how they can or if they can, they've misled us for a long time.

Here is how I think this will go.

The story will get repeated for a few more days or a week, while it makes its way around the dubious ultra right sites, that are ironically going to use Fox to make the story sound credible. After that we won't hear about it again, and Fox will not retract anything, apologize, nor fire anyone. Because this has happened many times. And because our news agencies are not news agencies and they don't discipline mistakes, because they are not mistakes.

If they apologize or do the right thing, so will I, I promise.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

It doesn't matter, it's just another piece of information that people will use to demonize the Obama administration, whether or not it's true. They read one headline on this message board and that's all they'll need to chastise anyone who says different.

That's the reality of the situation we live in today. No one reads anything past the headline it's up to the people willing to share the news to verify its integrity, otherwise, they're just part of the problem.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 10:39 PM
link   

A representative for Obama Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson also could not be reached for comment.

Maybe ole Jeh should be questioned.

I always said Obama was the worst thing Americans ever did to themselves. It will take years to clean up what he put in place. Valerie was in the wings helping him all the while.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Is it time to revisit the 2008 Builderberg meeting?

It sure is. Let's look at the whole Globalist Agenda that bunraku puppet pushed and supported. Let's ask the questions that need to be asked, and not back off until we know without a doubt the facts.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Why is it that right wingers are too lazy too look up facts? The so called plane loads of cash was theirs to begin with. Let me see if I am grasping the mindset of the rwnj brain. Iranian cleric says obama did something bad rwnj believes them without any proof. Iranian cleric and entire governement says the have given up theirs nuclear program, rwnj says they are lying. Ones left to conclude these people are barely intelligent enough to survive or just plain evil, with evil intentions In their black hearts. . a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: soundguy

This hysteria about the planeloads of cash really bothers me. It's like the mental image of that cash on a pallet is too tempting to resist, some people just have to go for it and pretend it wasn't Iranian cash. But how can there be an honest debate with some one who ignores a fact like this?

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I fail to see anything terrible here. The US made Nazi's US citizens, are the Iranians worse than the Nazis?

The nuclear deal was good for America. This anti-Obama rage is stupid, immature, and usually incorrect.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Can the President "make" someone a citizen?

How, exactly?

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Can the President "make" someone a citizen?

How, exactly?

They can't. I already pointed that out. The #MAGA Klan is just ignoring facts, per usual. So sad that this LOL made it almost to the top of the front page.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

The nuclear deal was good for America. This anti-Obama rage is stupid, immature, and usually incorrect.

Care to explain how it was good? What benefit did the US get vs what benefit the Iranians got?

edit on 3-7-2018 by Guyfriday because: Removed a wierd typo

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

The US got a safer middle east because the Iranians were no longer threatening to annihilate Israel with nuclear weapons and the lifting of sanctions stabilized their nation and their citizenry, avoiding another Syrian-style civil war (except with the capabilities to make dirty bombs this time).

The Iranians got their money that the US was 'holding' from them and they got much needed aid (like vaccines and antibiotics) for their citizens.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: links234

We didn't get a safer Middle East, it just got reported on less, and go look at what is taking place in Iran I think you'll see that very little is holding that country together then and now.

Yes, the Iranians did get all that and a little more.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Guyfriday

Care to explain how it was good? What benefit did the US get vs what benefit the Iranians got?

Same as the North Korean deal, wouldnt you think so?

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: whatsup86

originally posted by: Guyfriday

Same as the North Korean deal, wouldnt you think so?

Oh you mean the current deal where we got back a few prisoners, created a safer Korean Peninsula, and Started the process of denuclearizing the North, while costing us what....nothing. Sure yeah, those two are the same.

Now if you mean the Korean deal Obama, Bush, and Clinton made well then yep. Those deals were nothing but a joke at best.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I just want to point out that there is literally no evidence of this claim except for the claims of one Iranian. I remember a time when people on this site were much more skeptical. It seems now that if something fits your confirmation bias you just run with it like it’s the gospel.

www.snopes.com...

Edit - Spelling

edit on 4-7-2018 by BlackJackal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Trump falsely claims Obama gave citizenship to 2,500 Iranians during nuclear deal talks

In short, it’s possible that Zonnour, a politician who opposes the Iran deal, was arguing that Rouhani gave away the store and was rewarded by Obama with an offer to give citizenship or green cards to the children of his supporters. After Trump announced the United States was leaving the JCPOA, Zonnour said Iran should resume high-level uranium enrichment unless Rouhani secures “necessary guarantees” from the remaining countries in the agreement, according to Iranian media.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
OK, this is just bizarre:

Obama administration granted citizenship to 2,500 Iranians during nuclear deal: Iran official

The Obama administration granted citizenship to 2,500 Iranians, including family members of government officials, while negotiating the Iran nuclear deal, a senior cleric and member of parliament has claimed.

Hojjat al-Islam Mojtaba Zolnour, who is chairman of Iran’s parliamentary nuclear committee and a member of its national security and foreign affairs committee, made the allegations during an interview with the country’s Etemad newspaper, cited by the country’s Fars News agency.

He claimed it was done as a favor to senior Iranian officials linked to President Hassan Rouhani, and he alleged the move sparked a competition among Iranian officials over whose children would benefit from the scheme.

He claimed that the deal was made during negotiations for the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA), which was reached in July 2015. President Trump announced in May that the U.S. would withdraw from the agreement.

So, the Iranians got planeloads of cash AND free US citizenship?! And the US got a smile and a likely-empty promise to halt development of nuclear waepons. Heck of a good deal there, Mr. Obama.

What is wrong with it hasbara troll..….??

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join