It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congratulations Presidente AMLO!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Looks like Mexico just did the right thing!

Congratulations to the nation of Mexico for electing Lopez Obrador as their new president.
Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador, who goes by AMLO, is a left leaning progressive that wants to make big changes in Mexico.
AMLO wants to clean up the corruption that has eroded the Mexican government. He wants to drain the swamp.

This will be great for America as I'm sure Mexico will soon legalize the herb. We will then be sandwiched in and hopefully we will then legalize as well.
Good times ahead.
Way to go, Mexico!!

Mexicans have elected Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador as their first left-wing president in decades, according to exit polls that showed him headed for a landslide victory over two business-friendly rivals.

Lopez Obrador, who was defeated in the last two presidential votes, has led throughout this campaign. He’s riding a public revolt against entrenched corruption, rampant violence and an economy that’s failed to deliver higher living standards -- especially for the poor, about half of Mexico’s 125 million population.

LINK

edit on 1-7-2018 by EmmanuelGoldstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

Let us hope he will be a successful leader.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I foresee some colorful exchanges between him and Trump. Have to keep some popcorn on hand.

+11 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 09:31 PM
link   

How long until we can call his presidency a failure?
One year?
Two years?
With goals like cleaning government corruption he's probably going to end up dead sooner than later.

+17 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Didn't he also say his people should flood our border?

I don't need "the herb" to be legal that badly.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

One year?
Two years?
With goals like cleaning government corruption he's probably going to end up dead sooner than later.

Would you say the same thing about Trump?

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 09:35 PM
link   

I wonder how the drug lords will like legalization? Remember what happened the last time the Presidente did things that that didn’t like? Research Calderon.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Last time I looked the left has called him a failure within his first two years.
And the later would not surprise me.

+10 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I wonder how President Lopez Obrador feels about this?

Mexico has lowered the legal age of sexual consent to just 12-years-old, becoming the latest nation to give in to pressure from an international liberal network of activists determined to normalize pedophilia and legalize sex with children across the world.
Source: yournewswire.com...

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein

One year?
Two years?

How long has it been since you read anything on Mexico ?
App . 40 years or so ?
Officials that try to "clean up Mexico " have mostly turned up ambient temperature in a back alley.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 09:40 PM
link   
So, the message you guys are projecting is: Don't try it, the last guy that did didn't do so well??
Ummmkay

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Wish him well but the most powerful group in Mexico seems to be the Cartels. They won't go quietly.

Better start researching who is VP is.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 09:43 PM
link   
wow how is he still alive?

I've heard the cartels run the government if Mexico got it's # together that would be great I want to move to the Yucatan

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 09:44 PM
link   

So, the message you guys are projecting is: Don't try it, the last guy that did didn't do so well??
Ummmkay

The cartels dressed as Mexican Marines to ambush 3 squads of real Mexican Marines at a bridge crossing into the USA.

He's got his work cut out for him.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 09:47 PM
link   

No, the message is that promises have been made before and history shows that they are forgotten soon after the election is over. Or That when they really make progress to eliminate criminal activity somebody end up six feet under.

I say good luck to him. Maybe his people will want to stay in his country if he's successful.
I'm not going to hold my breath.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Ummmkay

No , but given past history and the Laws of Probability and Statistics there is a likely probability
DO THE MATH
Math designed the Universe.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

Gotta start somewhere. History shows that if people want change they will get it. Mexico will be the new Colombia. What happened with Escobar and his drug empire is happening in Mexico right now.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Sounds like we need to change the name from Cartel to Freedom Fighter or something, I mean, right?

ETA: this might be the dumbest post I've ever popped out, but f'it.
edit on 1-7-2018 by EmmanuelGoldstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 09:49 PM
link   

One year?
Two years?

Trump isn't a progressive liberal, in case whatever reality you live in doesn't get the news.

So now we get Northern Venezuela to share a border with.... yay!!!

Hope he goes goes straight progressive liberal in all things.

Then in a few years we can nuke the place in the name of national security and finally have a secure southern border.

edit on 1-7-2018 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

One year?
Two years?

Trump isn't a progressive liberal, in case in whatever reality you live in doesn't get the news.

So now we get Northern Venezuela to share a border with.... yay!!!

Hope he goes goes straight progressive liberal in all things.

Then in a few years we can nuke the place and finally have a secure southern border.

You want to nuke millions of innocent women and children so you can have a secure border??
Wow.
How many guns do you own and are they in every room of your house?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join