It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Triangular UFO Found: Red Lights in Pacific Ocean (2014)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 04:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Fishing fleet
The show What on Earth featured the almost same scenario , except from a satellite

This makes some sense as well if you wanted to bathe the area in light to see what your doing Red is a good choice for night as it’s less compromising to your eyes staying adjusted for the dark. Any sky watcher knows red light is your friend if your trying to look at star guides or what not without blasting out your(natural) night vision.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Fishing fleet
The show What on Earth featured the almost same scenario , except from a satellite

I think you nailed it...

Mysterious green lights seen from space have a fishy explanation

It turns out those mysterious lights are actually from fishing boats that use hundreds of striking bright green LED lights to attract squid, which normally hang out deep down, to the surface and straight to their jiggling hooks. The idea is they follow the plankton they feed on

edit on 2-7-2018 by AttitudeProblem because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: BigDave-AR

Fishing fleet

This makes some sense as well if you wanted to bathe the area in light to see what your doing Red is a good choice for night as it’s less compromising to your eyes staying adjusted for the dark. Any sky watcher knows red light is your friend if your trying to look at star guides or what not without blasting out your(natural) night vision.

Lights attract the fish

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: BigDave-AR

Fishing fleet

Lights attract the fish

I was just saying using red in specific makes since for night. I’ve shined a fish or two in my days.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Squid fishing?

Loads of fishermen practice the technique of using light to attract fish. It's not uncommon for multiple vessels to work together in sharing a net either.

Seems a few posters have come to the same conclusion

edit on 2-7-2018 by RAY1990 because: More to add

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Big rave party(s) happening on one or more boats!

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011
Big rave party(s) happening on one or more boats!

Haha that is great, it even has Santa on top of the boat. Can you imagine the parties that happen on that boat lol.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990
Squid fishing?

Loads of fishermen practice the technique of using light to attract fish. It's not uncommon for multiple vessels to work together in sharing a net either.

Seems a few posters have come to the same conclusion

Just a reminder, we are talking about UNDERWATER GLOWING ORBS, red, yellow, green.

There's no resemblance to fishing boats at all.

Fishing boats don't release glowing orbs into the ocean, and there are no boats in the photos anyway.

The people insisting fishing boats are only saying that because there are lights.

But we can all see that they're obviously not lights from fishing boats.

It's also the middle of the Pacific Ocean. It's nowhere near land. Fishing boats are not going to spend hours and hours driving to the middle of the ocean. There's no point, and they would have no time left for fishing.

Logically, fishing vessels would want an area pretty close to land, to minimize travel, and they would only want to travel far enough to be able to catch fish. Which isn't very far, think about it.

I might as well balance out all the fishing-boat nonsense by embedding the photos, which obviously show glowing orbs underwater, not fishing boats.

Actually, first look at the fishing boat that someone posted:

^It's obvious that it's a fishing boat shining bright light into the water.

There are no glowing orbs underwater.

Now compare that to the original photos from the pilot:

And finally, a pic of the 3D triangular craft in the sky, which doesn't seem to be a reflection, since it looks like a three-dimensional, flat triangle (like a pizza slice):

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Also the pilot himself thought it was an underwater volcano, as he was flying over it. He was worried about a plume of smoke coming out of the water and engulfing his plane (which did not happen).

The pilot came to the conclusion that he must have been seeing secret government technology, but again, it's literally the middle of the Pacific Ocean. (It seems excessive to hide a government project.)

But look, those are the two best mundane explanations.

Volcano light would make sense except that some lights are green, and there was no smoke.

So that leaves secret government tech, practicing some secret submarines or something.

Or something more exotic.

The green lights especially look like LED's:

edit on 2-7-2018 by peacefulpete because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: peacefulpete

Your fishing boat photo is taken from sea level so the light is reflecting off the surface. The other photos are taken from a plane high up. The "orbs" are just light seen from above directed down into the sea and are reflecting off plankton underwater not off the surface. Simple, really.
edit on 2-7-2018 by oldcarpy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   

I was going to mention the odd lack of fishing boat hull shadows in the pics, at that distance, it'd even be little more than a dark dot or tiny smudge in the midst of glowing lights, since I am betting keeping things like running lights on while using a specific color would screw up one's night vision- but they should be able to be seen- some stark contrast. Plus... some of those green lights are darn well defined for reflecting off of the surface of the ocean. Also- and I'm no expert, wouldn't mixing various wavelengths of light screw up whatever it is they are doing or fishing for? I'm looking at the green right next to the red, the red and yellow/ orange, etc. Unless they are fishing for the elusive and rare Disco Shark.

A thought occurs... Could this be that giant plastic patch in the middle of the Pacific, and it's having some weird chemical reaction or something?

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy

Your fishing boat photo is taken from sea level so the light is reflecting off the surface. The other photos are taken from a plane high up. The "orbs" are just light seen from above directed down into the sea and are reflecting off plankton. Simple, really.

That's not simple at all lol. While you're right about elevation observations: There's still no resemblance of boats or boat lights.

Are you interpreting that the boats are covered with clouds, as the reason we don't see them?

And what about the location, not making any sense? It's the middle of the Pacific Ocean lol. Hundreds of miles away from land.

How about the pilot thinking he was flying over a volcano? He's been a pilot for 25 years or something. Surely he knows what it looks like to fly over a boat, right?

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   

The pilot came to the conclusion that he must have been seeing secret government technology, but again, it's literally the middle of the Pacific Ocean. (It seems excessive to hide a government project.)

While I was onboard the Independence in 1989-ish or so, someone came back from their smoke break with an odd story:

They were smoking off the back of the ship- like I am guessing they weren't supposed to. There's designated areas, so you don't set fire to stuff. While they were out there, they saw a weird, red glowing, pulsating *thing* underwater, following the ship. They got excited, and then, said that over the intercom, a person yelled at them to get back below, or get shot. They, of course, went back below.

The captain of the ship was very, VERY fond of playing darken ship every chance he got- closing up everything that could emit light "so the enemy can't find us easily". Because, you know- sonar and radar doesn't work in the dark.
Me and a friend of mine were outside during one of these things, talking, having a good look at the sky, when we saw this little cluster of lights that did this spiral move, and then shot off *exactly* like the Enterprise does in Next Gen, light streak, flash, and all.

We both looked at each other, and got inside as fast as we could. We *both* went to the mess hall, just to shake off the weird feeling we both had gotten, and to be around other people.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   

You think you would be able to see a fishing boat from that height? He's not flying over "a boat", there's lots of boats.

Well, he wasn't flying over a volcano. You'd think a pilot of 25 years would know that too, but apparently not. So there you go.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy

You think you would be able to see a fishing boat from that height? He's not flying over "a boat", there's lots of boats.

Well, he wasn't flying over a volcano. You'd think a pilot of 25 years would know that too, but apparently not. So there you go.

I can't fathom that we are seeing all these bright fishing lights, but not a single dark shape of a boat. Even if small, I think we'd see the presence of boats as tiny dark spots.

The photos seem to show glowing water with no dark spots, i.e. no boats.

Granted if the video was from the International Space Station then we probably wouldn't see the boats, but the photos were just taken from an airplane. I don't think boats would really disappear from the height of a plane, even if he was really high (hee hee).

The thing about the pilot interpreting it (at the time) as a volcano, is compelling for making it seem very anomalous. Surely any 25-yr pilot knows what it looks like to fly over boats. It had to be very different for him to think he must be flying over a volcano lol.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Here are a couple pics of nighttime fishing boats. It's not an easy topic to Google images, but the pics don't show any reason to think that from above, their lights would be bright but with absolutely zero presence of the boat.

Rather, the lights seem directly next to the boat, inseparable from the boat itself:

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Here are a couple pics of nighttime fishing boats. It's not an easy topic to Google images, but the pics don't show any reason to think that from above, their lights would be bright but with absolutely zero presence of the boat. Rather, the lights seem directly next to the boat, inseparable from the boat itself:

yes viewing from close.

When viewing from a distance at night or from above on an illuminated surface with bright lights the light will envelope any objects in among-st it.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Also I'm not sure if anyone suggested bioluminescent plankton (or other sea creatures) but I think we can rule that out, just because the lights are so bright that they are illuminating the clouds orange!

Bioluminescent natural creatures are not blasting light up into the clouds lol.

Here's bioluminescent plankton, showing that its pretty dim, even when there's tons of it.

Also here is a pick of glow-worms in a cave:

Anyway the point is that nature doesn't blast bright light out of the ocean, and into the clouds like that lol.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: InhaleExhale

Here are a couple pics of nighttime fishing boats. It's not an easy topic to Google images, but the pics don't show any reason to think that from above, their lights would be bright but with absolutely zero presence of the boat. Rather, the lights seem directly next to the boat, inseparable from the boat itself:

yes viewing from close.

When viewing from a distance at night or from above on an illuminated surface with bright lights the light will envelope any objects in among-st it.

That's not how light works at all lol.

When a car has its lights on, from overhead, does the car disappear?

Let's look at some photos and see. The brightly-lit street correlates with the brightly-lit water in the pilot's photos.

Can you see the dark shapes of the cars?

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 03:41 AM
link   

But this is not bioluminescence - its floodlights illuminating it.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join