It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lebron is a laker

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Lebron James just signed a four year deal with the lakers for $154 million.
That's $105k per day.....

All that for playing a game.
Damn you genetics...

www.espn.com...

I haven't watched a whole pro basketball game in,,,,, we'll ever.
But wow.. That's a lot of cash.
edit on 1-7-2018 by Bluntone22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

ridiculous...

an athlete... worth this much...
whilst scientists and teachers have to fight for decent pay...

capitalism 4eva!

but im glad hes a Laker
edit on 1-7-2018 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Not to be outdone, Chris Paul signed a 4-yr deal too but for $160 million to stay with Houston

Taking taxes into account, Paul will get to keep millions more than bron bron. Not that he cares, bron bron is building an empire

We call that hitting the lottery!
edit on 2956x6729America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago7 by six67seven because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 09:00 PM
link   
He could have made more money by staying in Cleveland.

Our superstar athletes make an absurd amount of money and that won't change as long as people go to the games, watch on tv, and buy the merchandise.

Most of them do work and train hard, as well as putting their bodies and brains at risk for the game they love. Still hard to fathom making that kind of money to play a game. A dream job for most of us.

Lebron's 4 year deal gives him a player option for the 4th year. His son will likely be in the league at that time and they could end up playing together for a couple seasons. That would be cool. Sort of like the Griffey's did in baseball with the Mariners.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Setting aside the obvious knowledge that all that money is spent on pro sports to help keep the plebs facinated,,,,,,Lebron IS that good. The years of training, the rigorous physical schedule it takes to keep in the ''pink'', the mental ability it takes to think soooooo quickly in a game that moves faster than a speeding bullet should be admired by all.

James dragged the Cavs into and through the playoffs for years. Now maybe he can play with a team worthy of his talents.
Next year = Warriors X Lakers.

All that said, yep, all that cash is part of the scam played upon the people of the whole wide world. Sports should be a game for children and adults to play for fun.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Actually, I think the only real question we need to ask ourselves is "If Trump keeps calling him names,, will James forfeit his final seasons and run for POTUS?

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: six67seven

Jordan made more money off Nike and McDonald's than he ever did with the Bulls so yeah, I doubt he cares.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Agree with everything you said.

As for deserving it. He just had his overall best season, and for the first time played all 82 games of the regular season. Impressive especially for a veteran of the game.

L.A. will be very kind to the Lebron James enterprise off the court as well.
edit on 1-7-2018 by Illumimasontruth because: Spelinng

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Illumimasontruth

With James playing with the Lakers, the Warriors will have to step up their game. No more lolly gagging as they are so prone to do.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

ridiculous...

capitalism 4eva!

but im glad hes a Laker

For LeBron to be a staunch anti-Trump persona, it seems he has no problem with it. Some Progressives are just fake people, just like in any other party affiliate. Do you consider Lebron a sell out?

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Lebron is probably worth more than this contract is paying him if you consider return on investment.
The lakers are now a playoff team for the next four years.

I don't buy cable tv or tickets to pro basketball games so I will not be contributing to his plush retirement.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 09:13 PM
link   

No doubt! I believe they will also nab the Spurs superstar Khawi Leonard. With a couple role players around them and their existing young talent they will be instant competitors. The Eastern conference looks real weak right now.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Lebron is probably worth more than this contract is paying him if you consider return on investment.

That is a safe bet. Some people consider him better than Jordan, and that is a good debate.

I don't buy cable tv or tickets to pro basketball games so I will not be contributing to his plush retirement.

You and me both, but you have to admit that he is a damn good capitalist. Do you blame him? He is getting his, just like all the great capitalists that has come before him.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Illumimasontruth

Leonard may go to the Lakers too? That will be a duo to marvel at.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 09:24 PM
link   

His first retirement, he was payed 30Mill for his last year. That is a pretty good chunk of change even for today's standards.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

ridiculous...

capitalism 4eva!

but im glad hes a Laker

Free market...

Some super star teachers can make a lot of money at the University level. I know at the graduate level, it is not uncommon to see professors making $500k or more. Ironically, the teachers union elem to high school prevents super stars from making more money since they rather have everyone being mediocre.

In a free market, a super star teacher should be making more than the average teachers.

If the Lakers think he is worth it the so be it. It is their money. Paying someone $40-$50 million a year when they help you make $1 billion is just common sense... same reason A list movie stars make so much.

The reality is that teachers are dime a dozen and the salary reflects that fact.

If you want to make a lot of money, you have to generate a lot of revenue and have a scarce skill set.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Our colleges produce maybe a half dozen pro basketball players a year and half of them are gone within a few seasons.
On the other hand it's as you say, teachers are a dime a dozen and colleges pop them out at a rediculous rate.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: Edumakated

Our colleges produce maybe a half dozen pro basketball players a year and half of them are gone within a few seasons.
On the other hand it's as you say, teachers are a dime a dozen and colleges pop them out at a rediculous rate.

If people want teachers to make more money you have to raise the bar to qualify to be a teacher and also reduce the number of teachers...

Regarding Lebron, I'd love for the libs who always are talking about income inequality and advocating for CEOs to only make 10x or whatever of the lowest paid employee to request the same of athletes and actors.

Why should Lebron make 5000x's what the guy selling popcorn at the stadium is making? It is unfair!

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 11:02 PM
link   

The amount of money sports stars get paid is just shameful.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 06:31 AM
link   
It makes a lot of sense for Bron to sign up with the Lakers, he's got 2 mansions in LA, a sports/Hollywood stars agency that represents John Wall, CP3, Ben Simmons etc. and actor Jamie Fox among others. A movie/tv production outfit and I wouldn't be surprised if he branch out into music production. One can tell that he loves to be in the spotlight from his numerous self-congratulatory tweets and an army of sycophant reporters and analysts in various sports news outlet that stirs the narrative in his and his brands' favor.

Speaking of narrative, what his critics continuously bash him for is his relative easy path to the Eastern Conference Finals and his perennial whining that he doesn't have enough star player team mates to help him compete. Now that he's on the other side and he is the first major signing in his new team, well... his followers will have a field day to make this known and praise his decision.

He is under a lifetime $1 Billion contract to endorse Nike. What the fine print says, no one knows outside his inner circle... will he still be selling shoes even at his death bed?

$154 Million is an insane amount of money for mere mortals like us, but for elite athletes that's what the market say they are worth. Jordan Peterson explained that quite clearly here.

Let's Go Celtics! Beat LA!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join