It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is asking questions about the chosen people anti-Semitic

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: highvein

I'm taking a bread from it. I don't want to read what people said. I need to cool down. I'm still trying to understand how I was "Jew baiting".

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined
a reply to: Isurrender73

Most of what you say is based on the priests of Constantines misunderstanding of the text. Jesus is God's son. God created Jesus.

The Bible tells us that Jesus was in the beginning with God, he was not created, but he was the Creator. Jesus created everything that is manifest. Read John 1:1-14.

The Bible also tells us that there has always been a record of three in Heaven and that those three made up one God in 1 John 5:7.

What the person is trying to tell you in their comment is that Jesus is/was the God of the Old Testament and for those who don't believe that, then Jesus said they truly didn't know God, as they are one and the same. Read John 8:19-24 and John 14:6-9.

Everyone thinks their own God is the only one true God. One man's religion is another man's cult.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Funny how people blame me for derailing this thread yet it's others that go on talking about religion in general.

Rather than quote individual people and give rebuttals I'll just paraphrase and give a general reply.

Just because you believe the Bible (or insert holy book/scripture here) to be true doesn't make you right.

No history/science or whatever other fields of study you claim, do not prove the Bible to be true.

Yes, I have studied this in depth, as I said, I used to be a former church-going Christian.

If there was indisputable evidence that the Bible or any other holy book or scripture for that matter, were true beyond any doubt, then all scholars and educated folk would be flocking to that religion. Sure you get some scholars and scientists here and there that are Christians or believers in other faiths but as a whole, there is no compelling evidence. It's theory and speculation.

Disagreeing with me is fine, you're entitled to your opinion, what I find HILARIOUS though is the amount of people saying I'm WRONG, it just shows how naive and arrogant people are. I don't have the audacity to claim what I am saying is the universal truth because the fact is none of us knows and none of us will ever know for certain until we reach the other side.

Like I said, when you are so arrogant you can't even consider the possibility that you may be wrong, that proves you are brainwashed and the problem doesn't lie with others, it lies with yourself.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

originally posted by: InvisibleLady
a reply to: R1CK3O

Have to disagree with you. Plotus is correct. God, Jesus, the Holy Spirit - all one, all three separate aspects. Jesus is God.

It may be her/his, or my personal belief, but aside from that it is what the Bible tells us. The Bible is truth, proven through history, artifacts, documents through history and personal experience.

Sorry, but the Islam God ay have started out as the God of Abraham but the Koran is not of God. They deny that Jesus is the direct son of God. Buddah does not believe in Jesus. Therefore, they are false religions. The only way to God our

creator is through Jesus.

There's a great Buddhist saying: If you see the Buddha on the road kill him.

Yes - because 'Buddha' is a concept.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: R1CK3O

If there was indisputable evidence that the Bible or any other holy book or scripture for that matter, were true beyond any doubt

What is true beyond any doubt?

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

originally posted by: R1CK3O

If there was indisputable evidence that the Bible or any other holy book or scripture for that matter, were true beyond any doubt

What is true beyond any doubt?

'I am'.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 09:12 AM
link   
well, in europe and australia, you go to jail questioning historical events.

that tells you how much power they weild.

it is 2018, yet they crafted THOUGHT CRIMES just to protect a 'special' group of people.

as soon as you tell me it is illegal to question something, well then, i have little choice but to question it, and then ask, 'what are you hiding?' LMFAO.

watch ANY hollywood film made before 1945 or so. they were called germans.
edit on 2-7-2018 by dantanna because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

I'm taking a bread from it. I don't want to read what people said. I need to cool down. I'm still trying to understand how I was "Jew baiting".

You don't understand my faith, but I don't care. What do you care if one person thinks you're "Jew baiting"? What is your need for understanding how and what someone else is thinking? If it makes you feel better, maybe you should do some research on why people think differently and what helps to shape their personalities and thoughts. Maybe even research why people are so steadfast in their faiths and beliefs. That will go further than just trying to understand this one person who may be prone to crying, "anti-semite" as easily as other trolls cry, "racism"!!

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   

I think an awful lot depends on whether you are asking because you have not formulated an answer of your own, or whether you are looking to see who has an ideological reliance on the notion of a chosen people.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Because they're the special snowflakes of the religious world.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

The god the jews worship is not the same god of the christians
Different personalities

The deimurge plays its hand well.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined

Most of what you say is based on the priests of Constantines misunderstanding of the text. Jesus is God's son. God created Jesus.

The Bible tells us that Jesus was in the beginning with God, he was not created, but he was the Creator. Jesus created everything that is manifest.

It does say Jesus was with God in the beginning. It also says Jesus was the firstborn. It also says that God has no beggining or end that God always was.

Notice Jesus is the firstborn, birth indicates a beggining. This indicates that Jesus was indeed with God in the beggining because he was the first creation Firstborn of God.

In the OT, Elohim says let there be light, it must be at this time that YHWH/Jesus was created. Because the later accounts of creation include YHWH Elohim. Elohim when said by itself implies God the father. YHWH Elohim implies YHWH the son of Elohim.

Subsequently after Jesus's/YHWH's beggining all things were created by, through and for YHWH Elohim, Jesus Christ. Jesus says he only does what his father instructs. So YHWH/Jesus created everything according to his fathers will. But Jesus most differently is the firstborn and therefore he had a beggining and cannot be anything but the son of his father.

This explanation is much simpler and contains no contradiction to what Jesus actually claimed about himself.

Your churches are wrong and their teachings are contradictory to the actual words Christ proclaimed about himself. Jesus is the Son who's father gave birth to him when he said let their be light. Jesus is the light of the world, the Firstborn son of God.

edit on 2-7-2018 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I didn’t read most of the responses, so this may have been offered up already.....

I’m a person of faith who claims to be a Christian- however, what is largely ignored is that the Old Testament was recorded by this so called “chosen people”. It’s their interpretations, and specifically the theology presented in the book of Deuteronomy which we see “backed up” by the records.

I’ve been immersed in the Old Testament since January (as I teach a Sunday school class and that is the material for this year) and my belief system is changing in radical ways.

I agree with you that there truly isn’t a “chosen people” in the sense that is often portrayed.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Everyone thinks their own God is the only one true God. One man's religion is another man's cult.

This is ignored by so many people! My convictions are not superior to another’s of equal belief. WE CANNOT MAKE THAT CALL. I’m sorry if that offends those who “know”, but I cannot say I am right and millions of other people of different faiths are wrong. Does that mean I lack faith? Maybe, but I don’t feel that way about myself. I also refuse to teach my children that only “we” are right. I teach them (hopefully) correct principles and hope they will establish a relationship with what I call “God”.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Jesus is the Son who's father gave birth to him when he said let their be light. Jesus is the light of the world, the Firstborn son of God.

Would you say that 'Jesus' was not actually a person? And the word 'Jesus' actually refers to the light that is appearing - this image of light that is always present?

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

Jesus is the Son who's father gave birth to him when he said let their be light. Jesus is the light of the world, the Firstborn son of God.

Would you say that 'Jesus' was not actually a person? And the word 'Jesus' actually refers to the light that is appearing - this image of light that is always present?

For one, the term "let there be light" is not referring to Jesus Christ at all. Jesus Christ was the one that spoke the words "let there be light". The creation account is strictly about exactly that, the creation of the heavens and the earth and the things thereof. Jesus Christ is not a created being, Jesus Christ is the creator. The term "first born of every creature" is another often misused term. Again, Jesus Christ is not a created being, nor was he born in his inception of anything. Jesus Christ is the word made flesh, and the word was God, was with God, and always was God in the beginning. By "first born", Paul means the firstborn of the dead from the old man into the new man that is born of God unblemished.

(Revelation 1:4-5) "John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne; [5] And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,"

First begotten of the dead, not the living, because he was never "begotten" as "the word" to start with.
edit on 3-7-2018 by Dcopymope because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-7-2018 by Dcopymope because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Dcopymope

For one, the term "let there be light" is not referring to Jesus Christ at all. Jesus Christ was the one that spoke the words "let there be light". 

At this point should I/we go into the Shabaka stone, or create a separate thread?? Avoiding thread drift??

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879
a reply to: Dcopymope

For one, the term "let there be light" is not referring to Jesus Christ at all. Jesus Christ was the one that spoke the words "let there be light". 

At this point should I/we go into the Shabaka stone, or create a separate thread?? Avoiding thread drift??

👍👍Whatever you want pal, I'm not the OP anyway.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Oh my a doubter of God's clear, true, pure and trustworthy word as found in the AKJV of the Bible in simple plain English. Look and search (using an Electronic Bible Program) the word Chosen and you will see that Israel is his Chosen people. He chose his people - the Jews, he chose a nation - Israel, He chose a King - Jesus, he chose a time - very soon.

Are you will to bet your eternal soul on unbelief in the words of God?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join