It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Five reasons why humans can't colonize space

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: big_BHOY

Thanks big_BHOY.

Good reply.

TextColonizing space & traveling between the stars is a distinction that needs to be made.

The OP title should've been by travelling to. But in my haste, Couldn't really think what to call it. My bad. So i have to carry on from here.

If the US military budget were diverted to these tasks for a few years, then it would be a reality very quickly.

That won't happen soon. But the point is good. it seems like lots of companies. And countries. Not making a joint effort. When that would make a big difference. I think.

The real 'will they, won't they' will depend on how far away the nearest Earth like planet will reside

It might also depend on if an Earth like planet has intelligent life. And would they want us on their planet.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

Thanks RAY1990.

Hahaha I'm starting to sound like a NWO nut huh? Op, apologies for going somewhat off-topic.

No worries.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   
"The U. S. Air Force has just given us a contract to take E. T. back home."

"We also know how to travel to the stars."

"Anything you can imagine we already know how to do."

"If you've seen it in Star Trek or Star Wars, we've been there and done that."

"We have things in the Nevada desert that are alien to your way of thinking
far beyond anything you see on Star Trek."

I really don't think the speed of light is going to be a real problem.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Man, I really love those quotes from Ben Rich. That being said, its never clear whether he is speaking in jest or actually being truthful. Lockheed surely had some prerogative to spread misinformation about its projects rather than drop actual real morsels of information.....
edit on 30pm18fpmTue, 24 Jul 2018 15:14:14 -0500America/ChicagoTue, 24 Jul 2018 15:14:14 -0500 by Wayfarer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

"Anything you can imagine we already know how to do." "If you've seen it in Star Trek or Star Wars, we've been there and done that."

Have they prepared for this?

I don't believe him.

<< 2  3  4   >>

join