It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Antifa throwing a bomb into a protest in Portland yesterday

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 05:52 PM
link   
The Weather Underground was rooted out and arrested for these same sort of actions
The Black Panthers were rooted out and arrested for these same sort of actions
The PLA was rooted out and arrested for this same sort of actions
There were many others.

Antifa's past time to go down....

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus
a reply to: notsure1

They must of planned ahead to 'defend' themselves.

Sounds very sensible.
I hope they defend themselves even more harshly in the future.
No more tolerance of the extreme leftists.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

just refreshing to see them agree with Trump for a change.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

Agreed.

But I saw the defenders wearing motorcycle helmets and wielding baseball bats.

They must of planned ahead to 'defend' themselves.

Wouldn't you if a group had a history of showing up to do violent "counter-protests" like Antifa does?

This whole "people who show up ready to defend themselves are looking for a fight" narrative is some pretty spacious logic. If you have a smoke detector in your house, are you looking to have your house burn down? What about car insurance? Looking for an accident? It's called being prepared, given the facts at hand, it's not unprovoked preparedness.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Ok, just watched the video, and that was no smoke bomb. did you hear how loud that was? Probably a m-80 type. those can easily take someone's hand off and are not to be messed with, or thrown at other people. That said, I can not tell from the video who threw it.....whoever did should be arrested. bottom line.

ETA: if someone threw an m-80 at me, they would be in for a world of hurt (assuming I didnt have my face blown off)
edit on pm77201818America/Chicago01p06pm by annoyedpharmacist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

it blows my mind these people can defend these actions, it shows you how insane a left leaning person is and how dangerous this ideology is

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Who threw it? Can you identify the source?

Are they affiluated with the people getting beat down afterwards? How do you know?

Which is exactly the mentality of my day about the various radical extremist groups.
Until , there were just too damn many innocent folks killed by these groups to deny.
Do we REALLY need that to happen before the authorities move ?
Technology is way further advanced today . Communication is way further advanced today.
You have to cut off a snake's head BEFORE it strikes you.
Dont wait until it does , just to see if it will.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: annoyedpharmacist
Ok, just watched the video, and that was no smoke bomb. did you hear how loud that was? Probably a m-80 type. those can easily take someone's hand off and are not to messed with, or thrown at other people. That said, I can not tell from the video who threw it.....whoever did should be arrested. bottom line.

ETA: if someone threw an m-80 at me, they would be in for a world of hurt (assuming I didnt have my face blown off)

Even a simple smoke bomb can cause burns. There is no defending this, period. Anything that burns and causes smoke is not okay to throw at someone. The fact that anyone is rationalizing this is scary.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 06:22 PM
link   

the problem is, both Coin and Trump are right. There are bad people on both sides. The bigger problem I see is trying to mitigate the issue by saying "oh, it was just a firecracker." My grandma is missing three fingers from lighting one in her hand. One is her thumb. This was when she was a teen, though, her cross stitch is still on point. My point is, throwing an m-80(what it sounded like to me) isn't an innocent act. If someone had tried to throw it back they could have blown up their hand. What if someone fell on it, or stepped on it when it popped? It was an extremely dangerous act.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

if you are looking for more context check this video out you can clearly see who's throwing things and instigating violence

pretty loud explosion for a small smoke bomb huh?

looks to me like the people who were getting bombed finally had enough, looks like the antifa crowd are clearly marked with black regalia and were attacking them with rocks and other projectiles for a while before they finally responded

for sure looks like the other group came prepared for violence though, not sure what that means

apparently the "proud boys" form the front line to protect the other protester's not sure who they are

The guy that got dropped at the beginning lol I imagine thats how fast most liberals would get dropped. LMAO!!!! That guy had a baton too and they can be very dangerous with sufficient force to the head.

WEAK SAUCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And BTW OtherSideOfTheCoin didn't Trump get called out about Charlottesville for saying IT WAS BOTH SIDES?

More hypocrisy from the left?!
edit on 1-7-2018 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 06:23 PM
link   

looks like one of those M1000 or M80 fire crackers to me. the big ones.

regardless of the size of the explosive, the intention was to cause harm. the person or persons responsible should be arrested and face a jury.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I am all for calling out antifata when they use violence but you cannot deny that there is pointless violence on both sides.

They both deserve to be called out for this, they are both guilty.

Pretty pathetic that this is what grass roots American politics has turned into

You are correct sir. There are some very bad actors in that "Proud Boy" group who attends these Patriot Prayer meetings.

Antifa is the embodiment of commie klan / jihad like group right down to their little masks.

I say get them both out as they are a public menace.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   

So theres inly the possibility of 2 parties? The government and other parties hasnt had a history of placing agents provocateur in rallies?

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

who are the "proud boys" anyway never heard of them before?

seems to be a distinct difference between the proud boys and the prayer people

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Zelun

sounds like they threw several M80's the crowd they through them at remained relatively calm until eventually I guess they had had enough and I can't really blame them

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Proud Boys

The Proud Boys are a men’s organization founded in 2016 by Vice Media co-founder Gavin McInnes. McInnes has described the Proud Boys as a pro-Western fraternal organization for men who refuse to apologize for creating the modern world; aka Western Chauvinists.

Proud Boys‘ values center on the following tenets:

Minimal Government
Maximum Freedom
Anti-Political Correctness
Anti-Drug War
Closed Borders
Anti-Racial Guilt
Anti-Racism
Pro-Free Speech (1st Amendment)
Pro-Gun Rights (2nd Amendment)
Glorifying the Entrepreneur
Venerating the Housewife
Reinstating a Spirit of Western Chauvinism

hmmmm...

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
Proud Boys

The Proud Boys are a men’s organization founded in 2016 by Vice Media co-founder Gavin McInnes. McInnes has described the Proud Boys as a pro-Western fraternal organization for men who refuse to apologize for creating the modern world; aka Western Chauvinists.

Proud Boys‘ values center on the following tenets:

Minimal Government
Maximum Freedom
Anti-Political Correctness
Anti-Drug War
Closed Borders
Anti-Racial Guilt
Anti-Racism
Pro-Free Speech (1st Amendment)
Pro-Gun Rights (2nd Amendment)
Glorifying the Entrepreneur
Venerating the Housewife
Reinstating a Spirit of Western Chauvinism

hmmmm...

Yeah, they are kind of on my list of undesirables.

www.nationalobserver.com...

www.washingtonpost.com... ect=on&utm_term=.2b74464bfdd1

They do not seem to be or want Alt-right around them but to me they appear to have some similarities with biker gang initiation rituals and the like which sends me bad signals.

officialproudboys.com...

edit on 1-7-2018 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ker2010

the guy who recovered that baton showed SO much restraint. I fully expected him to crack that woman on the jaw, but he just backed off.

ETA: immediately after the guy he just laid out whacked someone with it already on the ground. This was such a loss for the left.
edit on 1-7-2018 by Zelun because: eta

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

yeah I don't think I would be joining any soft gangs anytime soon and they are probably by the looks of it nearing that kind of association

this is what you expect to happen as a visceral reaction to groups like Antifa and this leftist rhetoric

extreme right wing movements are going to form as a balancing act to extreme left wing movements this is how nature works, balance

they seem to hate racist though so that's good I can get down with that but I don't join groups ain't my thing, I have friends that's all i need

edit on 1-7-2018 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Don't worry liberal ats members assured me antifa is not a radical group.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join