It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Antifa throwing a bomb into a protest in Portland yesterday

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: spacedoubt

never know, I've had a hard time finding out info on either group so it's not safe to say

remember when that video surfaced of the groups in Charlotte NC of both the BLM and KKK or whoever they were getting off the same bus??

makes ya wonder

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

To be far most people don't read about history.

So while historically terrorist groups from the right have caused more death in america, recently antifa has been more violent than anyone else.

Excluding the charlottesville group of course.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: BigDave-AR

I’m saying that using fireworks in a way to cause harm is both incorrect legally and morally.

So am I. But lets stick to the facts and call a firework a firework and not try to make this into something it's not. Agreed?

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

yeah I would agree with that.

I think that the way things are going its only a matter of time before there is a large scale domestic terrorist attack in America.

But that is another topic....

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   

see Atomwaffen Division

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: XAnarchistX

To be fair its possible it could come from the left but I must say if I had to bet I would say its more likely to come from the extreme right.

Actually I would go as far as saying that I would not be surprised if there is a large scale domestic terrorist attack perpetrated by the extreme right above any other potential source.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

throwing a mortar shell firework

That is what me and my friends do.

We even light them in our hands.

Fireworks are not as scary as you think.

Does this make employing it against a group you disagree with right?

Please quote me saying that it was.

Oklahoma City Bombing? Or perhaps the 1st WTC attack?

Were those attacks carried out with fireworks?

Wow just wow bravo you surely got me. I didn’t say that they were fireworks but if you had enough flash powder it could cause just as much of a bang it’s not what’s used, but how it’s used I clearly said that fertilizer and fuel oil were used both of which are perfectly legal until you go turning it into a bomb and using against other human beings.
Is it really that hard to comprehend?!?!
The whole point is that playing this down as just friendly jeering between the crowds is ridiculous, what was done was illegal and wrong no matter who was doing it.

Gryphon- I agree but it doesn’t really matter who used it the fact is whoever did was in the wrong and should be condoned for actions like this. Neither side is blameless the only reason I jumped in here was the people that seem to think this was a trivial matter. This is going to tear the nation apart if we continue to let these actions by either side continue.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: XAnarchistX

see Atomwaffen Division

That's the serious sht right there.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Looked like a firecracker.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Absolutely agree that neither side is right in general if violence is involved.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   

I’m saying that using fireworks in a way to cause harm is both incorrect legally and morally.

So am I. But lets stick to the facts and call a firework a firework and not try to make this into something it's not. Agreed?

I never called it a bomb that was the OPs term, I’m not trying to make this a bigger deal than it is but I also think trying to down play it as just a smoker is disengenious. I’m calling it what it is a flash powder firework used as a weapon.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   

but if you had enough flash powder it could cause just as much of a bang it’s not what’s used, but how it’s used I clearly said that fertilizer and fuel oil were used both of which are perfectly legal until you go turning it into a bomb and using against other human beings.

Is that what happened in this video?

The whole point is that playing this down as just friendly jeering between the crowds is ridiculous

I haven't seen any posters doing that. But quote them if you have please.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Masterjaden

You know what, with people like you there, I'm not surprised that your country is getting taken over by muslims...

Jaden

It's not.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I note that Antifa is selective in where they mask up and terrorize people. It seems that they do so in places where they are certain the people can't fight back. We geezers are physically too old to fight and tend to avoid confrontations; I can't run as fast as the masked banditos with bats and bike locks. Maybe they don't know that many of us who fought a war 50 years ago are not afraid to defend ourselves, if cornered. Some of these p****** will gang up on the wrong innocent person and will start howling when one of them gets drilled or sliced open with a sword cane.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 04:31 PM
link   

but if you had enough flash powder it could cause just as much of a bang it’s not what’s used, but how it’s used I clearly said that fertilizer and fuel oil were used both of which are perfectly legal until you go turning it into a bomb and using against other human beings.

Is that what happened in this video?

The whole point is that playing this down as just friendly jeering between the crowds is ridiculous

I haven't seen any posters doing that. But quote them if you have please.

Alright you’re obviously not going to get it and I don’t have the time nor patience to sit here and break it down for you Barney style.

edit on 7/1/2018 by BigDave-AR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: face23785
a reply to: toysforadults

Antifa are indeed terrorists and, ironically, fascists.

No in your opinion they are terrorists.

They are not official a designated Terrorist organisation.

Now you can make your case for them being a terrorist organisation but officially they are not a terrorist organisation.

So can we please stick to facts hear.

It's not my opinion, it's a fact:

ter·ror·ist
ˈterərəst/
noun
noun: terrorist; plural noun: terrorists

a person who uses unlawful violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims.

That is precisely what they do.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: toysforadults

not really, there's mostly pointless violence coming from groups like Antifa

Well as a outsider it appears to me that there is violence on both sides, both group of protesters looked like they were getting ready for a fight, so both in my mind are responsible.

Which side threw the explosive device? Or is that irrelevant when it comes to meting out ratios of blame? If you're going to be objective about world views and politics, don't be unenlightened and pretend to be on the fence, when in fact you're clearly not.

Antifa was fully 100% to blame. The peaceful protesters were fully 100% not to blame.

Get that through your head.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: XAnarchistX
a reply to: face23785

well, no, that is not how it works...

see, Fascism is its own political ideology, so just because you call someone a fascist doesn't make them one, that is like saying Trump supporters are fascists... see, it doesn't work

I should've said they are, in fact terrorists, and use fascist tactics. They look like brownshirts out there.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Ahhh ok the so are those right wing groups not terrorist then

Also you don’t define terrorism in the dictionary you use the law of the land so feel free to refer to the patriot act.

Furthermore the state department keeps a list of terrorist organisations that are open to the public and Antifa is not on the list.

Again it is your opinion not a fact that the are a terrorist group

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Looks like a bunch of idiots on all sides,

Funny when Trump said that it was so racist..

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join