It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Antifa throwing a bomb into a protest in Portland yesterday

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Using violence to accomplish political goals is always wrong.

Period, no matter who does it or why they think they're doing it.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Using violence to accomplish political goals is always wrong.

Period, no matter who does it or why they think they're doing it.

Look at that we agree on something. Wow. See we can find common ground.
edit on 1-7-2018 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: XAnarchistX
a reply to: WarPig1939

twitter.com...
twitter.com...
twitter.com...
twitter.com...
twitter.com...
twitter.com...

twitter.com...

twitter.com...
twitter.com...

the bus
twitter.com...
twitter.com...

do you want more?

Read them, then come back at me

I don't know what I'm looking at than spotty coverage of what occurred. I haven't seen any tweets about killing lefties or committing acts of crime. Agitators on both sides. Ok? Clearly the laws need to change what protests are allowed or aren't. Too many surprise groups showing up to make it from bad to worse.

I will never have any respect for any militant group that seeks to terrorize or intimidate a populace to achieve a political aim. Left or right.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Masterjaden

And I am no Utopian, "anarchy" will never exist, once it does it becomes the "Rule", as a collectivist mentality, I am an individualist, nihilists, anarchist... there is no grand telos, besides my personal fight

this is what I was talking about the "Old anarchy" before it became ran with red-cultism and moralistic collectivism...

the individual's inspired by Stirner, not by Kropotkin or Marx

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   

I have played with smoke bombs many times they are not the tool mass death you are making them out to be.

Not even close to a real bomb.

If smoke bombs are the deadly weapon you claim then why are they legal to buy?

Haven't you ever had a fireworks war with your friends on the 4th?

Again I am not defending antifa.

I am disagreeing with the idea that a smoke bomb is the same as a pipe bomb or grenade.

Because if it were at least a dozen people in that protest crowed would be dead.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Let me light a smoke bomb and drop it down your shirt

Is that what happened in the video?

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

All that needs to be said about these useful idiots is right here...

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   

The right came, bused in, with flags, gear, shields, prepared to fight, to intimidate, cracking skulls, grouping on people, beating immobile people on the ground, and people seem to be avoiding that, deflecting, and just saying "But Muh Antifa"

as stated, this is a fight, it was always a fight, what do you expect? handshakes? if this is not your fight, fine, but it seems like people are picking sides

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

it is not clear who threw the bomb to me, but i am not rewinding to evalulate. Point being: maybe it was ANTIFA. Maybe it was a provocateur. Who knows.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: elementalgrove

Learn the History of Antifa, before you start passing around photoshopped images

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   

interesting.... you know that uranus into pluto thread I made?

hmmmm... where are we headed....

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: BigDave-AR

That has nothing to do with this.

But yes a smoke grenade that a military would use is very very different than a smoke bomb that a citizen can legally buy.

If smoke bombs had been used on the Branch Davidians the fire never would have started.

Should we outlaw fireworks now because they are deadly weapons?

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

well it's pretty obvious from that short clip that there was a group of people violently attacking another group of people with various weapons we can see that clearly

provocateur maybe, but this isn't unusual for an Antifa group

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   

The right came, bused in, with flags, gear, shields, prepared to fight, to intimidate, cracking skulls, grouping on people, beating immobile people on the ground, and people seem to be avoiding that, deflecting, and just saying "But Muh Antifa"

as stated, this is a fight, it was always a fight, what do you expect? handshakes? if this is not your fight, fine, but it seems like people are picking sides

Could go the third option and just do away the right to protest all together since no one can respect each others disagreements. It sounds like that is what people want.

Protesting might come down to becoming a privilege and not a right anymore.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   

slippery slope...where does that lead?

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Learn the History of Antifa, before you start passing around photoshopped images

It still won't change the fact that Antifa is a domestic terror group. Photoshopped images or not. Expect to get arrested on the spot if you come out rolling in the infamous black/red flag banner.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I know right.

I have done nothing but call out antifa but I say one fact about the use of the term bomb and suddenly I am an american hating terrorist.

I am in the center and I vote republican sometimes.

Being attacked over facts though makes me think twice about doing that.

link   
a reply to: XAnarchistX

My god, an actual Leftist on ATS. LOL.

The antithesis of authoritarianism is revolution.

American politics is center-right ... and corporatist.

link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

I have played with smoke bombs many times they are not the tool mass death you are making them out to be.

Not even close to a real bomb.

If smoke bombs are the deadly weapon you claim then why are they legal to buy?

Haven't you ever had a fireworks war with your friends on the 4th?

Again I am not defending antifa.

I am disagreeing with the idea that a smoke bomb is the same as a pipe bomb or grenade.

Because if it were at least a dozen people in that protest crowed would be dead.

Shooting Roman candles at eachother is one thing throwing a mortar shell firework is quite another. Damn near anything can be employed as a weapon with suffecient creativity and effort, Of course a firework isn’t directly equatable to the destructive power of a militarized explosive. Does this make employing it against a group you disagree with right? I would have the same response whatever the agenda of either side this isn’t a left right pissing match. Fuel oil and fertilizer aren’t illegal to buy but they sure as hell can cause massive amounts of damage remember the Oklahoma City Bombing? Or perhaps the 1st WTC attack?

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   

the "right" to protest has nothing to do with it, these fights have been going on for decades, just now with media and social media, people are starting to weaponise it for "their side"

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join