It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Antifa throwing a bomb into a protest in Portland yesterday

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Going face to face, I don't think the 75% that opted out of the last election, the average American, has time for that.

That is why most ANTIFA and other heavy protestors are not in a position where they have responsibilities to keep them from their favorite pastime. I think they have a lot of free time so this is like a hobby.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: BigDave-AR

originally posted by: Justoneman

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: BigDave-AR

throwing a mortar shell firework

That is what me and my friends do.

We even light them in our hands.

Fireworks are not as scary as you think.

Does this make employing it against a group you disagree with right?

Please quote me saying that it was.

Oklahoma City Bombing? Or perhaps the 1st WTC attack?

Were those attacks carried out with fireworks?

I became a chemist partially because of my love for Fireworks. I happen to known a few companies who create fireworks from my daily work. I know the people who make them would call anyone a fool for doing what you claim. They KNOW that mistakes happen in creating the product and surprises happen. Many small children would be harmed and are each year about this time without proper appreciation for the possible danger. They have to pile up their possible mistakes in a huge pile in a crater like device built to deflect the blast upward and keep it from sparking off forest fires.

Exactly! And flash powder is pretty hairy stuff to produce I believe there have been several large incidents at firework manufacturing companies. That’s not even mentioning that you can do some very nasty thing to aircraft with a certain Mercury like compound, luckily there’s been no none cases of this but almost anything can be weaponized.

ETA- I imagine that fireworks disposal is a pretty impressive sight!

Most would be surprised at how explosive the powder really is. They will use another incendiary device to torch them off in one big swoop. The boys have some good video's that observe that for safety. I am at home and didn't think to look up any to put on here.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Interestingly enough they had the legal right to be there and were permit by the local police department. So this kind of bugs me because why would they shut down a peacefully and lawfully assembled group because they were attacked by a terrorist organization?

Sure. And then they turned on their own sacred lamb of "Free Speech" cuz.. ya know... LEFTISTS!!!

On June 3, 2018, Patriot Prayer and anti-fascists again fought in parks in downtown Portland. Police arrested four people for disorderly conduct.[73] Participants threw rocks, bottles, ball bearings, and fireworks at each other.[74] The Portland Mercury reports that Patriot Prayer organized the rally as a counter-protest to another leftist rally led by the Empower Portland Alliance and the Direct Action Alliance. This earlier rally was intended to protest police violence and to commemorate the anniversary of an incident a year earlier when Portland police detained 200 people for several hours. In response to Patriot Prayer's plans to counter-protest this earlier rally, local antifa groups organized a counter-protest of Patriot Prayer, calling this third rally "Call to Resist Patriot Prayer Bringing Nazis to Portland."[75] Pepper spray was used by a Multnomah County sheriff's deputy and by demonstrators. Police report that although there were several people who were evaluated medically at the parks, no one was transported to the hospital.

en.wikipedia.org...

Funny story though, counter-counter-counter protests and all that good stuff for free speeches.

"It's the economy, stupid!"

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

oh they are mad the nazis are coming to Portland? its not like Oregon used to ban blacks from entering their state oh wait....they did www.washingtonpost.com... f9960a78e

In 1844, all black people were ordered to get out of Oregon Country, the expansive territory under American rule that stretched from the Pacific coast to the Rocky Mountains. Those who refused to leave could be severely whipped, the provisional government law declared, by “not less than twenty or more than thirty-nine stripes” to be repeated every six months until they left. Oregon Country’s provisional government, which was led by Peter Burnett, a former slaver holder who came west from Missouri by wagon train, passed the law in 1844 — 15 years before Oregon became a state. The law allowed slave holders to keep their slaves for a maximum of three years. After the grace period, all black people — those considered freed or enslaved — were required to leave Oregon Country. Black women were given three years to get out; black men were required to leave in two.
but hey at least no one was actually whipped under the provision

oh but their protests were meant to keep nazis from entering portland? too bad that happened too its like they dont even know their own history portlandtribune.com...

On its website, a preview of the special discusses how Portland's "image as a bucolic, progressive haven in the Pacific Northwest is a 'mask' that hides a racist past and a troubling white supremacist present, according to people who know it best." A D V E R T I S I N G | Continue reading below It will discuss the case of Jeremy Joseph Christian, a white supremacist who is charged with killing two people who tried to intervene when Christian was yelling racial slurs at two girls on a MAX train in May. A third person slashed in the throat survived. It will show footage of various protests and clashes between groups. It will dive deeper into Oregon's history, discussing the state's overall history, including that there were racist laws preventing blacks from entering the state. These topics have been in the media in recent years, including a piece in the Atlantic in 2016: "The Racist History of Portland, the Whitest City in America."

www.cbsnews.com...

When you delve deep enough beneath the surface of such "otherwise good cities," however, you often find deep-rooted issues that may have contributed to an event. That's what the latest "CBSN Originals" documentary, "Portland | Race Against the Past," does with the presumed liberal enclave of Portland, Oregon, where in the spring of 2017, three men were stabbed by a white supremacist on a MAX train after coming to the defense of two minority women he was harassing. As with similar cases across the country, Americans responded with incredulity: Portland? Many people on the ground in Portland, however, were not shocked. Quite the opposite. Keegan Stephan, a caucasian political organizer who spent his high school years in a suburb of Portland tells CBS News: "When I first saw the news, I flashed back to my time there and some of the really violent racist comments I'd hear white people in the presence of white people make. It made perfect sense to me that that sort of violent, racist behavior was going on in Portland and that it had led to this." Oregon historian Walidah Imarisha agrees. "I was absolutely not shocked," she said. "I didn't meet any people of color who were shocked. They were horrified. They were terrified. They were enraged. They were saddened. There were many emotions happening, but surprise was not one of them because we live in Portland every single day and we see the mask that Portland puts on for the rest of the world. And we see that it is paper thin and we have to look under it every single day."
nazis racists and biggots have always called portland home the new modern SJWS seem to forget this past and that the people they want to stop from entering have always been there since the states founding despite them wanting to claim their city as a paragon of virtue

and honestly as a right leaning but mostly middle of the road republican it is funny watching antifa and "nazis" fight it out as they are each their own form of idiocy at differing ends of the spectrum. is kind of funny their rally was to keep the nazis "out" when them and the klan have been there for over 100 years as its widely regarded as the skinhead capital of the usa

crosscut.com... then there is this guy who pretended to be a native american to rally tribes to pro nazi views and blamed many societal issues on the "jews" back in the 1930s

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

Idiots are everywhere and Antifa had a "not another inch" policy in effect for decades. So what?

and honestly as a right leaning but mostly middle of the road republican it is funny watching antifa and "nazis" fight it out as they are each their own form of idiocy at differing ends of the spectrum.

We call them Neo-Nazis for a reason. And no. I don't think it's funny to see civility go to the drain, not exactly.

Frankly? The divide & conquer is strong with you as well when you see yourself as being apart of "them", there is nothing superior in your isolationist position of apathy. Actually, I'd say it's even worse when you lack the emotionalized state of mindlessness and still end up drifting in this black hole of self-righteous cynicism.

However, here's the shocker: it's rather about building communities. This counter-counter-counter protest with fireworks seems to be a tad overblown for my taste.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Dont know if this video was posted but CLEARLY shows Antifa as the aggressors.

edit on 2-7-2018 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-7-2018 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Another day, another bit of news about "civilized" Yooessasians attacking each other.
Another day another forum thread filled with Yooessasians attacking each other.

What a surprise.

Ah. If only you'd all turn that aggression and energy towards the real enemy.
Your corrupt oligarchy of a government.

But nah, why do that hey?

Please continue to spin your wheels fighting among yourselves and wonder why nothing is actually changing in your 'land of the free' while I go grab some more popcorn and sit back and watch the train wreck.

Yep, America is certainly being made great again.

edit on 2-7-2018 by AtomicKangaroo because: forgot to sarcastically put civilized in quotes. lol

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 05:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: AtomicKangaroo

Yep, America is certainly being made great again.

Cause freedom is not without some pain but at least we are free to say and do what we want UNTIL we hurt another. It IS great!

SO great, in fact that the Agenda 21 is the NWO's next plan to get the world under their thumb.
edit on 3-7-2018 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 05:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: BigDave-AR

a reply to: BigDave-AR

throwing a mortar shell firework

That is what me and my friends do.

We even light them in our hands.

Fireworks are not as scary as you think.

Does this make employing it against a group you disagree with right?

Please quote me saying that it was.

Oklahoma City Bombing? Or perhaps the 1st WTC attack?

Were those attacks carried out with fireworks?

I became a chemist partially because of my love for Fireworks. I happen to known a few companies who create fireworks from my daily work. I know the people who make them would call anyone a fool for doing what you claim. They KNOW that mistakes happen in creating the product and surprises happen. Many small children would be harmed and are each year about this time without proper appreciation for the possible danger. They have to pile up their possible mistakes in a huge pile in a crater like device built to deflect the blast upward and keep it from sparking off forest fires.

Exactly! And flash powder is pretty hairy stuff to produce I believe there have been several large incidents at firework manufacturing companies. That’s not even mentioning that you can do some very nasty thing to aircraft with a certain Mercury like compound, luckily there’s been no none cases of this but almost anything can be weaponized.

ETA- I imagine that fireworks disposal is a pretty impressive sight!

Most would be surprised at how explosive the powder really is. They will use another incendiary device to torch them off in one big swoop. The boys have some good video's that observe that for safety. I am at home and didn't think to look up any to put on here.

Indeed it’s not to be trifled, with if memory serves aren’t the M1000 type fireworks roughly equivalent to to a quarter stick of a stick of dynamite?
edit on 7/3/2018 by BigDave-AR because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/3/2018 by BigDave-AR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

How soon we forget the Greensboro Massacre of 1979.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Read the Communist Manifesto, 2nd draft and you will see how American Democracy is being infiltrated, what lead up to the circumstances that we're seeing today and how we're all dancing to their tune. Its rather alarming.

youtu.be...

This might be enlightening to some too

youtu.be...

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Do you want martial law? This # is how you get martial law.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I wonder how long the American State will continue to tolerate anarchist terrorists operating in broad daylight? Doesn't seem to benefit anyone.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 01:10 PM
link   

No excuse for this.

They should be arrested.

What also bothers me though is the use of bomb in the title.
It's propaganda (fake news)

Those are fireworks they are throwing but the article writer wanted to make us hate so they used the word bomb.

You do know that "fireworks" can cause serious injury don't you? And to split the thread a little more, fireworks are also explosives.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   
This was a very small firework.

One 4th me and a few buddies were shooting off huge mortars and had the box too close to the tube when lighting them off.
Long story short the whole box lit up like an artillery show. It was the most fun we had running around dodging the explosions.

In this case I don't think that little snap-it should be considered a bomb, and if so there sure are a lot of bomb shops popping up all over the country this time of year.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Chance321

Yes fireworks can be dangerous, but so can a butter knife.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I know free speech is a right, and there is a right to assemble.

But no where have I ever read that it is obligatory.

If you come looking for a fight, chances are. . . . you'll find one.

2'nd amendment. right there. If you need a gun, chances are you'll shoot someone.

Or am I reading it wrong.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vigilantastrum
a reply to: Chance321

Yes fireworks can be dangerous, but so can a butter knife.

Why are you using fireworks to butter your toast?

And why are you throwing dozens of butter knives into the sky on the 4'th?

insanity...

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: SummerRain

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I know free speech is a right, and there is a right to assemble.

But no where have I ever read that it is obligatory.

If you come looking for a fight, chances are. . . . you'll find one.

2'nd amendment. right there. If you need a gun, chances are you'll shoot someone.

Or am I reading it wrong.

Nah.

I'm an old man, always owned guns, never shot a soul.

My father? Even older than me.

He's always owned guns.

Never shot anyone either.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Wow people who’s ready to line up for my 4th fireworks display? Let’s not pretend this was okay because of who did it, nor does it make it worse who they did it to. This is beyond ridiculous let’s take off our politically tented glasses and take this for what it was wrong, and dangerous no matter what BS excuse you can try to pull out of your rearends they weren’t throwing “snakes” that’s for sure.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join