It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Antifa throwing a bomb into a protest in Portland yesterday

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 05:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: BigDave-AR

throwing a mortar shell firework

That is what me and my friends do.

We even light them in our hands.

Fireworks are not as scary as you think.

Does this make employing it against a group you disagree with right?

Please quote me saying that it was.

Oklahoma City Bombing? Or perhaps the 1st WTC attack?

Were those attacks carried out with fireworks?

I became a chemist partially because of my love for Fireworks. I happen to known a few companies who create fireworks from my daily work. I know the people who make them would call anyone a fool for doing what you claim. They KNOW that mistakes happen in creating the product and surprises happen. Many small children would be harmed and are each year about this time without proper appreciation for the possible danger. They have to pile up their possible mistakes in a huge pile in a crater like device built to deflect the blast upward and keep it from sparking off forest fires.

Exactly! And flash powder is pretty hairy stuff to produce I believe there have been several large incidents at firework manufacturing companies. That’s not even mentioning that you can do some very nasty thing to aircraft with a certain Mercury like compound, luckily there’s been no none cases of this but almost anything can be weaponized.

ETA- I imagine that fireworks disposal is a pretty impressive sight!
edit on 7/2/2018 by BigDave-AR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 05:51 AM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

A-holes causing trouble. That said, the fighting and intimidation is far more serious than a smoke bomb. Hell, we used to lob smoke bombs around the park when playing football (soccer for the uninitiated) so we could pretend we were in a hostile european game! (easier to get hold of than flares).

I still blame social media for inflaming everything these days though. People used to fught, obviously, but they could also discuss. Nowadays, everyone wants validating for every opinion - the belief that "i am right because they are my views". It's frankly #ing pathetic.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Ehrm.. Isn’t this what the PATRIOT act was created for?
Also, can’t they be slaughtered in the name of self-defense?

This type of backward is what drives the collapse of civil society.
I would think any member that associates with Antifa would be ‘detained indefinitely’ under the PATRIOT act.

This is getting out of hand and I’m sure we’re going to start seeing loss of life on Antifa’s side. Cause you know, the Right have guns. Wise choice indeed.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: GreenGunther
Ehrm.. Isn’t this what the PATRIOT act was created for?
Also, can’t they be slaughtered in the name of self-defense?

This type of backward is what drives the collapse of civil society.
I would think any member that associates with Antifa would be ‘detained indefinitely’ under the PATRIOT act.

This is getting out of hand and I’m sure we’re going to start seeing loss of life on Antifa’s side. Cause you know, the Right have guns. Wise choice indeed.

In a halfway way sane state (that’s not Oregon) it would most likely be fair game in self defense more so if they cornered a small group of people that genuinely felt their lives were in danger. That being said I don’t want to see that happen because god knows they would get even more aggressive and dangerous. This needs to stop none of us are going to win in another civil war and I fear a modern civil war in the US would be even more devastating than the first. It’s a scary precedent these people are setting up... I fear for the countries future unless this madness stops.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: XAnarchistX
First, let's get some things straight

1. it was not a "peaceful crowd" this was a planned march that this rightist group "Patriot Prayers" had people bused in from other groups, Proud Boys, Alt-Rightters etc

2. they were prepared for a fight, the entire purpose was to fight, they initiated it

3. The Rightists came with the intention to hurt, there are reports of rightists beating and kicking immobile people on the ground, cracking skulls, and attacking with poles, stick etc

4. this was a firework

5. this is a fight, what do you expect? the Rightists were prepared, "Antifa" were not prepared, this is what happened

6. Funny how the majority of here only post things about the "Violent left" and leave out all the "Violent Right", they seem to leave out the attacks and "violent rightists" groups, and only have conversations about "Muh Antifia"

You are being exposed, facts are facts

Could you perhaps expose some sources for these claims?

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Well, I’m sure in totality Antifa will be greatly out-numbered.
These folks really need to read the definition of free speech 3 times over and commit it to memory.

Maybe one day it will sink in, but I truelly don’t think they care about anything. Nihilists poking the hornest nest.
I’m sure you know what happened to the Nihilists in ‘The Big Lebowski’.

I’m sure this will end the same way

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 07:29 AM
link   

well, you won't see this happening in Pennsylvania it's far to violent of a state, people around here would probably have no problem beating that in court

not condoning that action just pointing out that it's not happening this state or states like Texas and Florida for a reason

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus
a reply to: face23785

Poor examples.

Don't call it a peaceful protest if you're arming yourself.

How are those poor examples?

Is everyone who is carrying a gun in this country right now committing an act of violence? They're not peaceful, merely because they're armed? You're making zero sense whatsoever. Being prepared to defend yourself is not inherently violent. It's not "asking for" violence. In fact, it should be a deterrent to violence, if the opposition was sane. Antifa are idiots for attacking people they know are armed. No matter what the original demonstrators showed up with, there would've been no violence if they weren't attacked. Nothing you say will change that fact.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

well, you won't see this happening in Pennsylvania it's far to violent of a state, people around here would probably have no problem beating that in court

not condoning that action just pointing out that it's not happening this state or states like Texas and Florida for a reason

Pennsylvania isn't that bad, well most of it. Like most states, it's just a few cities that are the major problems.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   
It wasn’t a bomb, smoke or otherwise. I have to say rwnj’s sure do love their histrionics. The smoke looks to be from the firecrackers that had just been thrown. The boom was more than likely from an m-80 of some other related firework. That’s a dangerous thing to throw into a crowd as it can cause permanent hearing damage. I suppose if you were barefoot it might harm you, if it was in close enough proximity. If you want to stage a protest that ignight emotions liberal, right wing, or other... don’t be surprised when the pushback comes from an unexpected source. a reply to: toysforadults

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I dislike Antifa. really. They are thugs who use force and violence to push their "message".

They are trolls. They exist only to cause disruption. They are to society what a Herpes sore is to dating.

But they are essentially ineffective. They can't censor free speech.
They can't censor the written word, because they are morons.

Groups like Patriot Prayer are antagonistic and wouldn't be given the time of day if it weren't for Antifa. They are the Yin to Antifa's Yang.

What purpose, what outcome was served by the march and the protest? What practical applications were served?

I am all for free expression and the right to protest. I just am curious as to the message.

What was everyone protesting?

Was Patriot Prayer protesting Antifa protesting Patriot Prayer protesting Antifa protesting Patriot Prayer?

At least the morons protesting for the end of ICE were protesting something, even if it was stupid.

edit on 2-7-2018 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I dislike Antifa. really. They are thugs who use force and violence to push their "message".

They are trolls. They exist only to cause disruption. They are to society what a Herpes sore is to dating.

I normally find myself in agreement with you, but this is shortsighted. You don't have to be smart to be effective.

They do censor free speech

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   

I've made the mistake in the past of placing too much importance on clusters of morons like Antifa.

They say mosquito bites go away quicker if you don't scratch them. Perhaps we should be looking at people like Antifa as nothing more than mosquito bites.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Groups like Patriot Prayer are antagonistic and wouldn't be given the time of day if it weren't for Antifa. They are the Yin to Antifa's Yang.

What purpose, what outcome was served by the march and the protest? What practical applications were served?

I am all for free expression and the right to protest. I just am curious as to the message.

What was everyone protesting?

Was Patriot Prayer protesting Antifa protesting Patriot Prayer protesting Antifa protesting Patriot Prayer?

At least the morons protesting for the end of ICE were protesting something, even if it was stupid.

I agree.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   

I've made the mistake in the past of placing too much importance on clusters of morons like Antifa.

They say mosquito bites go away quicker if you don't scratch them. Perhaps we should be looking at people like Antifa as nothing more than mosquito bites.

Easy to say until you get an incendiary device thrown at you. Not pushing back against them has only made them more brazen. Police forces need to be instructed to crack down the minute one asshole throws something.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   

I don't know.

If someone tosses a bomb at someone, I might suggest shooting them.

They won't be tossing bombs any more that way.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   
The fact that some of you are ok with any type of device being thrown into a crowd shows that the country has lost it #.

This happens ALL the time. A 'conservative' group gets a permit. The 'liberal' group does not. The police cancel the 'conservative' group because of protesting. 2nd Amendment squashed.

Liberal group attacks conservative group. Media calls conservatives whiners. Liberals are heroes.

Liberals win.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: XAnarchistX
First, let's get some things straight

1. it was not a "peaceful crowd" this was a planned march that this rightist group "Patriot Prayers" had people bused in from other groups, Proud Boys, Alt-Rightters etc

Do you have proof? If so, please provide.

2. they were prepared for a fight, the entire purpose was to fight, they initiated it

I train in martial arts and have my concealed carry permit, and basically carry both a knife and a firearm with me wherever I go.

I do not seek out fights, and I don't ever want to use a blade or a firearm against another human being. Everything is defensive. And in these instances and as at least one other poster has noted, they probably knew that these asshats (ANTIFA) would show up, so of course you want to be prepared. Do you think that they should just assume that they would be marching in an echo chamber populated by fluffy unicorns?

And did you even watch the video? The violence was not initiated by those with the permits, but they did respond with violence to violence.

3. The Rightists came with the intention to hurt, there are reports of rightists beating and kicking immobile people on the ground, cracking skulls, and attacking with poles, stick etc

Again, do you have proof of this, or must we only rely on hearsay "reports?"

4. this was a firework

No, it sounded as powerful as the M80 explosives that I use sometimes to blow up watermelons and cantaloupes. As you'll notice if you read that, M80s are not legal everywhere, and apparently except federal specifications for what a "firework" actually is.

You can try to trivialize it all you want to make these ANTIFA asshats look better than they are, but you're being delusional if you consider something like that just "a firework."

5. this is a fight, what do you expect? the Rightists were prepared, "Antifa" were not prepared, this is what happened

ANTIFA showed up prepared--WTF video did you watch?

6. Funny how the majority of here only post things about the "Violent left" and leave out all the "Violent Right", they seem to leave out the attacks and "violent rightists" groups, and only have conversations about "Muh Antifia"

Probably because the OP and this thread is discussing one single incident--it's called staying on topic and not deflecting. Your whataboutism is on point, though, I'll give you that.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   

"Antifa are rats, listen to me, they're fleas on rats, worse than that, they're amoebas on fleas on rats." -- Frenchy, "Grease"*

* sort of

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   

I don't know.

If someone tosses a bomb at someone, I might suggest shooting them.

They won't be tossing bombs any more that way.

It was the cops with the big-bangs.
you're not suggesting....?

new topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join