It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Antifa throwing a bomb into a protest in Portland yesterday

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

No.

Only 4 arrests. And those were for prior charges.

Watched local news for the info.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I spent the day today painting a house for an elderly couple who didn't have the money to do it themselves.

People are just effing nuts nowadays.

That is effing nuts!
What kind of elderly couple is just like "we don't have the money"?

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Doesn't surprise me that the Liberals attacked this Conservative lawful protest, as this is the poster child of Portlandia...Tara Dublin, who probably lobbed the M80 into the lawful protest. The chic who stalked a Trump supporter.

www.youtube.com...

edit on 1-7-2018 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

edit on Sun Jul 1 2018 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Well, here is how protests that turn violent and folks blockading public places is handled in Georgia (my State)

One arrested as anti-ICE protest turns violent in downtown

Folks go to jail. Quick .
Antifa or not..
Do not pass go and do not collect $200
And , there are no "get out of jail free" cards.
From the MB game Monopoly

edit on 7/1/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Seems to me that law enforcement aren't being told to stand down in Georgia and are permitted to enforce the law on the books. However, the Libtards running the local government in these Liberal cities, where these protests occur, are the ones telling law enforcement how to respond. Every state in this country should lock up violent protesters the way they do in Georgia. If you're going to act like a facist group, by inciting violence and bringing bombs, shields, knives and clubs to beat participants of a permitted rally, then you should rot in jail.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 11:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
Ok, please explain this to me, how is this acceptable? Who is being brought up on charges for this?

It's around 15 seconds into the video where someone throws an explosive device into a what seems to be peaceful crowd of people being physically attacked. Now I don't really know much about the Patriot Prayer group but let's see what they are about and if they had the legal right to protest and what happened yesterday.

From the link ^^ above;

Their Facebook Page

Patriot Prayer describes itself as advocating in favor of free speech

Patriot Prayer was founded in 2016[2] by Joey Gibson, a Japanese-American.[15] Gibson says he became an activist after seeing supporters of the Trump presidency brawling with counter protesters.[16] Patriot Prayer is a right-wing group,[17] and holds rallies in areas known as centers of liberal politics.[

So they are "right wing" because they are pro small government and Trump. Guess that makes them racist as well? Just guessing even though if you look at the event it was actually a very diverse crowd of people.

What happened yesterday?

Faux News

The event began without incident until after 6 p.m., when members of Patriot Prayer took to the streets following their gathering in Portland's Terry Schrunk Federal Plaza, the Oregonian reported.

Patriot Prayer's organizer is Joey Gibson, a U.S. Senate candidate in Washington state, the newspaper reported, adding that the group is based in Vancouver, Wash., located just across the Columbia River from Portland.

Now I know everyone thinks of Washington and Oregon as very liberal or the west coast in general but from north of San Francisco and up is actually very conservative/ libertarian small government with small pockets of liberalism in cities like Portland. I know I lived there before.

Tensions escalated as the two groups heckled each other, the report said. Antifa members began lobbing eggs, half-empty water bottles, and firecrackers. Others in the crowd lit firecrackers and smoke bombs.

Of course, as you can see in the video they were physically attacking the protesters with bombs, fireworks, rocks and whatever else they could get their hands on. Disgusting if you ask me.

Police eventually declared the gathering a riot, revoked Gibson's permit, and ordered protesters to disperse. Police warned that non-compliance would lead to arrest.

Interestingly enough they had the legal right to be there and were permit by the local police department. So this kind of bugs me because why would they shut down a peacefully and lawfully assembled group because they were attacked by a terrorist organization?

18 U.S. Code 2331 - internation terrorism legal definition

(1) the term “international terrorism” means activities that—
(A) involve violent acts or acts dangerous to human life that are a violation of the criminal laws of the United States or of any State, or that would be a criminal violation if committed within the jurisdiction of the United States or of any State;
(B) appear to be intended—
(i) to intimidate or coerce a civilian population;
(ii) to influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion; or
(iii) to affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination, or kidnapping; and
(C) occur primarily outside the territorial jurisdiction of the United States, or transcend national boundaries in terms of the means by which they are accomplished, the persons they appear intended to intimidate or coerce, or the locale in which their perpetrators operate or seek asylum;

So is this not using violence and intimidation to silence political opposition? If I'm correct peaceful and lawful assembly in the US is a protected right, right?

Right to peacefully assemble

The Supreme Court of the United States has held that the First Amendment protects the right to conduct a peaceful public assembly.[3] The right to assemble is not, however, absolute. Government officials cannot simply prohibit a public assembly in their own discretion,[4] but the government can impose restrictions on the time, place, and manner of peaceful assembly, provided that constitutional safeguards are met.[5] Time, place, and manner restrictions are permissible so long as they “are justified without reference to the content of the regulated speech, . . . are narrowly tailored to serve a significant governmental interest, and . . . leave open ample alternative channels for communication of the information.”[6]

So if a group lawfully and peacefully assembles and another group decides to show up and physically and violently assault them why is the victim's permit revoked??

Why isn't Antifa labeled a terrorist organization? Am I missing something here?

What do you expect? I noticed how they started getting pushed back fairly easy. It's like they want to get their butt's kicked. Look how fast they where pushed back. No leadership at all in that group.

E.T.A.

Who ever threw the bomb did if from behind the camera.
edit on 1-7-2018 by highvein because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

If you're going to act like a facist group, by inciting violence and bringing bombs, shields, knives and clubs to beat participants of a permitted rally, then you should rot in jail

Those folks go UNDER the prison...
All we Georgians want is to be left alone fro all the rest of the countries foolishness
Word of warning : Dont bring the bull**** here
We have enough of that in the country in the pastures...

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: ker2010

I don't think that guy who got laid out will wake up for another day, lol.
The leftist 'woman' stirring up as much as possible seen through the video was probably one of the paid organisers. Shame she didn't get knocked out. She got let off.
edit on 2/7/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 01:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

The leftist 'woman' stirring up as much as possible seen through the video was probably one of the paid organisers. Shame she didn't get knocked out. She got let off.

No man wants to deck a woman but equal rights (,equal lefts).

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 02:08 AM
link   
If you have to do your counter protesting with a mask on, you're up to no good.

Many states have laws against adults concealing their faces behind a mask in a public place. Arrest these people, get mugshots, ticket them, then release them when the demonstration is over.

Instead of hiding their identity, ultimately their identity becomes part of the official record.

This is a piss poor way to counter-protest. If these people really are the "alt-left" terrorists that they are made out to be, then they should understand this behavior is hurting their cause rather than helping it.

When counter-protest groups form up with people in masks, the police should surround them with weapons loaded with bean bags and rubber bullets. Each one should be arrested, fingerprinted, and photographed. This is the only way to handle this kind of behavior, and determine its true source.

-dex

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 02:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: BigDave-AR

Indeed, equality.
Besides, that was a creature, not a woman.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Read the article.....several ANTIFA were arrested complete with mug shots. There was no mention of a prayer person being arrested. It also describes what the prayer peoples intentions are.

a reply to: BigDave-AR

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 03:33 AM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

These liberals show how weak they are in physical abilities as well as mental abilities,little weak minded sissys with weapons,can tell how they were raised,more then likely absent parent,or parent unknown,family on public assistance,lacking in self esteem

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 05:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: BigDave-AR

Indeed, equality.
Besides, that was a creature, not a woman.

I certainly am not willing to peek under “it’s” skirt to find out....

edit on 7/2/2018 by BigDave-AR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 05:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Using violence to accomplish political goals is always wrong.

Period, no matter who does it or why they think they're doing it.

Star and a finger wag. Hitler was political and someone had to be violent on his ass or the Germans and Jews alike are slaughtered like sheep by him to gain control of Germany and the Europe. If someone had used violence on him before the war, many things would be different. I am sure the Japanese Empire was still going for the land grab of their own no matter Germany.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 05:15 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 05:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: XAnarchistX
a reply to: Gryphon66

well, I am as much anti-left as I am anti-right

I say at these marches we have some sound Law enforcement so that normal rules apply. If you are caught swinging first at anyone, are ever seen throwing something, use devices that are explosive like we witness here in the video, or send your DNA from either end of your alimentary canal onto another human, you go to jail and speak to a Judge before you can go home.

On your claim, I would not be able to tell from your posts you are ever shown to be against progressives (on both sides of the aisle). At least so far that I recall. I also think I am against both ends of this # myself, and at times have NO CHOICE but to choose sides like I have for the time being siding with the 'Trumptards' as some here call them. I do that because it is right to follow laws and improve the the US citizens here who have been apparently targeted for removal by the NWO/Agenda 21 authors.

So, we may just be near to the same thinking after all. You are just choosing the opposite at the crossroad. No one should terrorize, we can agree there. When some group gets a permit to have a march and share their free speech, no one should be allowed to attack them physically or instant arrests. LEO fail is the issue. Arrest the 1st violent act and have a presence to provide the freedom to do their permitted activity no matter who it is. I don't agree much with antifa and I would never throw things at them for their peaceful march.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 05:42 AM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

"Patriot Prayer"? How are they Antifa? You can't be Patriot and pray and be Antifa at the same time?

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 05:43 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 05:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: BigDave-AR

throwing a mortar shell firework

That is what me and my friends do.

We even light them in our hands.

Fireworks are not as scary as you think.

Does this make employing it against a group you disagree with right?

Please quote me saying that it was.

Oklahoma City Bombing? Or perhaps the 1st WTC attack?

Were those attacks carried out with fireworks?

I became a chemist partially because of my love for Fireworks. I happen to known a few companies who create fireworks from my daily work. I know the people who make them would call anyone a fool for doing what you claim. They KNOW that mistakes happen in creating the product and surprises happen. Many small children would be harmed and are each year about this time without proper appreciation for the possible danger. They have to pile up their possible mistakes in a huge pile in a crater like device built to deflect the blast upward and keep it from sparking off forest fires.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join