It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Antifa throwing a bomb into a protest in Portland yesterday

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus
a reply to: notsure1

Agreed.

But I saw the defenders wearing motorcycle helmets and wielding baseball bats.

They must of planned ahead to 'defend' themselves.

Crazy. You'd think they'd have just rocked up with flowers and stuff, no one has ever heard of antifa being violent instigators.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: toysforadults

I am all for calling out antifata when they use violence but you cannot deny that there is pointless violence on both sides.

They both deserve to be called out for this, they are both guilty.

Pretty pathetic that this is what grass roots American politics has turned into

You are correct sir. There are some very bad actors in that "Proud Boy" group who attends these Patriot Prayer meetings.

Antifa is the embodiment of commie klan / jihad like group right down to their little masks.

I say get them both out as they are a public menace.

Never gonna happen, one side thinks their # don't stink and blames the other side while the other side are complicit in th^ same thinking. There are too many stupid people that have picked a side and dug their heels in, the best we can hope for is both sides of these extremists kill each other off so the rest of us can live peacefully.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

they've also assured us that MS-13 isn't a threat, that's where TDS has brought us

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Good, like President Trump's assessment of Charlottesville, there are bad things done on both sides. Progress can be made with anyone. Proud of you Other Side.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Novaroc

yeah he will say that, but now ask him to name something bad being done on his side

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: MissCoyote

I know a few that were their at the gathering that were physically assaulted trying to escape.....
One of which got arrested for DEFENDING himself. Which he was getting punched and kicked while in a choke hold. Its sad. He didnt start anything yet he became a victim of violence for his personal beliefs.

Trying to escape?
Only one group had a permit, and that group was throwing rocks and explosive devices.

You say defending himself and escaping.
I saw assault and fleeing the scene.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Novaroc

Good, like President Trump's assessment of Charlottesville, there are bad things done on both sides. Progress can be made with anyone. Proud of you Other Side.

The irony is thick.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Oaktree

we obviously didn't witness the same event

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I spent the day today painting a house for an elderly couple who didn't have the money to do it themselves.

People are just effing nuts nowadays.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: annoyedpharmacist
Ok, just watched the video, and that was no smoke bomb. did you hear how loud that was? Probably a m-80 type. those can easily take someone's hand off and are not to be messed with, or thrown at other people. That said, I can not tell from the video who threw it.....whoever did should be arrested. bottom line.

ETA: if someone threw an m-80 at me, they would be in for a world of hurt (assuming I didnt have my face blown off)

Someone gets it...

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Hard to tell from any of the videos who threw or used the louder explosives.
however, the police have said they used flash-bangs and rubber bullets to disperse the crowd.
Police have also denied the use of tear gas.
very few injuries have been reported, so that's a positive thing.

More damage was caused by squirrels in Portland this morning
katu.com...

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 07:40 PM
link   
www.youtube.com... ukranians use catapults and shield walls for their protests

cdn.theatlantic.com...

www.youtube.com... here is a longer version of OP's video

korean protestors seem to be fans of fire www.youtube.com... and flame throwers but this was military vs police so probally a bit more disciplined then your average riot

so id say compared to alot of the world it was a pretty tame riot in portland but unless those were flash bangs or stingers going off bit too many explosives being used for my liking

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

I agree regardless of who threw those explosives that's not good, things can only escalate from here

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: RalagaNarHallas
www.youtube.com... ukranians use catapults and shield walls for their protests

cdn.theatlantic.com...

www.youtube.com... here is a longer version of OP's video

korean protestors seem to be fans of fire www.youtube.com... and flame throwers but this was military vs police so probally a bit more disciplined then your average riot

so id say compared to alot of the world it was a pretty tame riot in portland but unless those were flash bangs or stingers going off bit too many explosives being used for my liking

Ah the Koreans always make for an entertaining riot (see Korea Town during the Rodney King Riots) I especially like the police returning the projectiles to the sender.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Those who resist want another Charlottesville to rally around. It is sad and sick. These AntiFa guys are a joke. Seriously. As well as those who are really alt-right. All this Nazi talk. There is no 'rebellion' just media reports. Think about this comparison though...

Less than 100 years ago it was nothing for a government to pull someone from their home and kill them.
Around 50 years ago our government showed us they will kill for their agenda
10 years ago we all thought that there would be a better place.
Less than 5 years ago it was Pokemon go, The Harlem Shake and the Ice Bucket Challenge. Why can't we go back to this????
Don't tell me it was Trump...

Fabricated Hate to push an agenda you do not want...it is an amazing time we live in.

edit on Julpm31pmf0000002018-07-01T20:20:28-05:000828 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

edit on Julpm31pmf0000002018-07-01T20:20:59-05:000859 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
Those who resist want another Charlottesville to rally around. It is sad and sick. These AntiFa guys are a joke. Seriously.

I recall seeing some social media posts where they were talking about their goal being to get some right-wingers to attack them so they could play the victim. They know the media will take their side whenever violence breaks out.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Poor examples.

Don't call it a peaceful protest if you're arming yourself.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Once again, the majority here is exposing themselves,

"Antifa are known violent instigators" amusing you don't name all the rightists groups that have documented attacks, murders, and murder plots attached to them, or the fact that they BUSED IN PEOPLE READY TO FIGHT to this event, this was their planned event, they CAME with poles, shields, weapons, etc, there are numerous videos of them provoking and being aggressive,

amusing your moral outrage is only aimed at the left, and when it comes to this far-rightists groups you deflect, sympathise and at times defend...

facts are facts people

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I know free speech is a right, and there is a right to assemble.

But no where have I ever read that it is obligatory.

If you come looking for a fight, chances are. . . . you'll find one.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

And I suspect both sides were looking for it.

Hence the riot police.

Did the bomb thrower get arrested do we know?

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join