It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Antifa throwing a bomb into a protest in Portland yesterday

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+38 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Ok, please explain this to me, how is this acceptable? Who is being brought up on charges for this?

It's around 15 seconds into the video where someone throws an explosive device into a what seems to be peaceful crowd of people being physically attacked. Now I don't really know much about the Patriot Prayer group but let's see what they are about and if they had the legal right to protest and what happened yesterday.

From the link ^^ above;

Their Facebook Page

Patriot Prayer describes itself as advocating in favor of free speech

Patriot Prayer was founded in 2016[2] by Joey Gibson, a Japanese-American.[15] Gibson says he became an activist after seeing supporters of the Trump presidency brawling with counter protesters.[16] Patriot Prayer is a right-wing group,[17] and holds rallies in areas known as centers of liberal politics.[

So they are "right wing" because they are pro small government and Trump. Guess that makes them racist as well? Just guessing even though if you look at the event it was actually a very diverse crowd of people.

What happened yesterday?

Faux News

The event began without incident until after 6 p.m., when members of Patriot Prayer took to the streets following their gathering in Portland's Terry Schrunk Federal Plaza, the Oregonian reported.

Patriot Prayer's organizer is Joey Gibson, a U.S. Senate candidate in Washington state, the newspaper reported, adding that the group is based in Vancouver, Wash., located just across the Columbia River from Portland.

Now I know everyone thinks of Washington and Oregon as very liberal or the west coast in general but from north of San Francisco and up is actually very conservative/ libertarian small government with small pockets of liberalism in cities like Portland. I know I lived there before.

Tensions escalated as the two groups heckled each other, the report said. Antifa members began lobbing eggs, half-empty water bottles, and firecrackers. Others in the crowd lit firecrackers and smoke bombs.

Of course, as you can see in the video they were physically attacking the protesters with bombs, fireworks, rocks and whatever else they could get their hands on. Disgusting if you ask me.

Police eventually declared the gathering a riot, revoked Gibson's permit, and ordered protesters to disperse. Police warned that non-compliance would lead to arrest.

Interestingly enough they had the legal right to be there and were permit by the local police department. So this kind of bugs me because why would they shut down a peacefully and lawfully assembled group because they were attacked by a terrorist organization?

18 U.S. Code 2331 - internation terrorism legal definition

(1) the term “international terrorism” means activities that—
(A) involve violent acts or acts dangerous to human life that are a violation of the criminal laws of the United States or of any State, or that would be a criminal violation if committed within the jurisdiction of the United States or of any State;
(B) appear to be intended—
(i) to intimidate or coerce a civilian population;
(ii) to influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion; or
(iii) to affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination, or kidnapping; and
(C) occur primarily outside the territorial jurisdiction of the United States, or transcend national boundaries in terms of the means by which they are accomplished, the persons they appear intended to intimidate or coerce, or the locale in which their perpetrators operate or seek asylum;

So is this not using violence and intimidation to silence political opposition? If I'm correct peaceful and lawful assembly in the US is a protected right, right?

Right to peacefully assemble

The Supreme Court of the United States has held that the First Amendment protects the right to conduct a peaceful public assembly.[3] The right to assemble is not, however, absolute. Government officials cannot simply prohibit a public assembly in their own discretion,[4] but the government can impose restrictions on the time, place, and manner of peaceful assembly, provided that constitutional safeguards are met.[5] Time, place, and manner restrictions are permissible so long as they “are justified without reference to the content of the regulated speech, . . . are narrowly tailored to serve a significant governmental interest, and . . . leave open ample alternative channels for communication of the information.”[6]

So if a group lawfully and peacefully assembles and another group decides to show up and physically and violently assault them why is the victim's permit revoked??

Why isn't Antifa labeled a terrorist organization? Am I missing something here?

edit on 1-7-2018 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Porthole is the equal to a hippy 3rd world country. Js.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Your video is not working so I have embedded it hear for your.

Looks like a bunch of idiots on all sides, don't know what exploded or anything. I am all for peaceful protest and gathering but both sides look to me like they were sporting for a fight.

Also why did the police not have a presence at this thing, how were these two groups aloud to clash like this?

It sad to see people acting like this because they don't like the other guys politics.
edit on 1-7-2018 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: MissCoyote

Yeah it's weird how they take over a city in the middle of biker/ hippy/ small government stay out of our business land

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

fixed, thanks

looks more like they know there are violent terrorist who want to hurt them so they came prepared just incase

you can't blame them when there is a proven pattern of violence coming from Antifa and they are throwing bombs at you
edit on 1-7-2018 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Oregon is FAR from small government. Trust me being as i live here but come to my neck of the woods and we are. Its crazy how all the big cities are FILLED with angry offended borderline commies. (My personal opinion if you dont like just scroll its NOT hard to do)
They also happen to be overpriced and way over taxed.

+10 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Antifa has been branded a domestic terrorist group already. The problem is, no one is arresting these terrorists on the spot or shooting them dead if they are actively trying to cause harm to innocent civilians or peaceful protestors.

yournewswire.com...

These terrorists should be rounded up wherever they are and sent to prison all with lifetime sentences or death penalty if convicted depending on who was doing what.

Then you have officials supporting these low life scum.

thepoliticalinsider.com...

link   
Antifa needs a reality check and I hope it comes very soon

link   

I am all for calling out antifata when they use violence but you cannot deny that there is pointless violence on both sides.

They both deserve to be called out for this, they are both guilty.

Pretty pathetic that this is what grass roots American politics has turned into

edit on 1-7-2018 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   
They threw a smoke bomb! You made it sound like a hand grenade! LOL

From what I read, several ANTIFA scum were arrested BEFORE the parade due to having weapons. Cops called it off when projectiles started getting tossed. I gotta agree with the cops for stopping it before it got too far out of hand. I am not sure who this other group is...are they extremist? None of them was arrested, so they weren't breaking any laws.

www.koin.com...

+6 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   

not really, there's mostly pointless violence coming from groups like Antifa

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

Well as a outsider it appears to me that there is violence on both sides, both group of protesters looked like they were getting ready for a fight, so both in my mind are responsible.

I think the police also hold some of the blame for not dealing with this better but I guess thats a slightly different issue.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

Cops called it off when projectiles started getting tossed. I gotta agree with the cops for stopping it before it got too far out of hand.

that's true, I can see that

They threw a smoke bomb!

bomb... key word.. it was an explosive device that could and may have seriously injured someone

I think they are lucky this was a group of civil people because if someone threw a bomb at me I can't promise how I would react, I don't know... I'm surprised they took it so calmly. I think that shows the fundamental difference between the 2 sides as a micro cosmic event. They stayed calm and rational in the face of violence and irrational actions. Perfect micro cosm.

+21 more 
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

One group had a permit and the other did not. ANTIFA is clearly in the wrong.

So now these idiots protest free speech rallys?

+11 more 
link   

I know a few that were their at the gathering that were physically assaulted trying to escape.....
One of which got arrested for DEFENDING himself. Which he was getting punched and kicked while in a choke hold. Its sad. He didnt start anything yet he became a victim of violence for his personal beliefs.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: MissCoyote

I know a few that were their at the gathering that were physically assaulted trying to escape.....
One of which got arrested for DEFENDING himself. Which he was getting punched and kicked while in a choke hold. Its sad. He didnt start anything yet he became a victim of violence for his personal beliefs.

And that is wrong.

Shouldn't have happened in my view.

but does not mean that their is not guilt on both sides when it comes to these kind of gatherings.

(post by Masterjaden removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   

here is the key words here...

appears

looked

your perception of appearance has nothing to do with the actions, you "see" something that "may" be indicating something but the facts are the facts

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   

All I see is some drunks getting a permit to host a early 4th party. Or maybe some crazy people throwing bombs or the little infant version on one at people.

(post by Masterjaden removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join