It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberal Vitriol

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: MarlbBlack

I can understand the youth being naive, especially if they have been sheltered and never learned to accept "no" as an answer.

The older, supposedly wiser, should know better.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   
You're very right something has fundamentally and deeply changed.
It's as if somebody threw away the rule book for social behavior.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: six67seven
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

It's Anti-Trump Derangement Syndrome

Unless someone else has evidence to dispute that conclusion, I'm sticking with it. (which they don't, unless these people you describe in your OP have seen a psychologist within the last two years)

Of course the people who yell "anecdotal" will be here in a minute or two, but, I have a very good friend who is a psychologist. She told me her business is booming ever since the election and its all liberals who just cant deal with it. She said she voted for hillary, hillary lost, now she just wants what is best for the country. But when she tells her patients that they practically go ballistic on her.

She didn't call it Trump derangement syndrome, but she did describe it as the complete inability to deal with the reality that Trump won. "They live in a snow globe that got shaken up. Now all the little bits and pieces are in the wrong place and they can't cope."

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   
these people are totally delusional have you ever tried having a conversation with 1?

the opposition has figured out a way to take the lowest IQ people on the planet and get them together under 1 banner it's actually pretty amazing

they are unreasonable meaning they can't be reasoned with, what's next?

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   

The country became one of anger and fear. Now that is directed at differing political sides. The media doesn't help either.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

these people are totally delusional have you ever tried having a conversation with 1?

Are you talking about the right leaning American ATS posters here, it certainly seems it?????
edit on 1-7-2018 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mach2
a reply to: MarlbBlack

I can understand the youth being naive, especially if they have been sheltered and never learned to accept "no" as an answer.

The older, supposedly wiser, should know better.

Very good answer.

Young people today never really heard NO. Its the everybody gets a trophy thing. Whatever you do is ok because you are expressing yourself. Well, look at them now. They are expressing themselves alright. I think it was always assumed that as they got older they would learn what is acceptable and what is not. That obviously did not happen. And the parents out there acting just as badly aren't helping matters.

I honestly wonder if they see and hear themselves. What goes through their minds when they see video of people just like them melting down and rioting. And what would be their thought process if it was conservatives acting the same way?

Its frightening how unbalanced that whole thing is.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: kaylaluv

I have, many times.

Just go look through the mud pit. You won't have to look far to find all kinds of them. People gloating about NK continuing to manufacture nukes following the summit. People gloating about Harley Davidson moving manufacturing off shore. Every time the NYSE drops one point there will be threads gloating about that.

I think you are mistaking anger and frustration with gloating. People are angry and frustrated because Trump followers are talking about him as if he were the second coming, and that he is solving all our problems. Pointing out the problems that haven’t been solved is not gleeful or gloating - it’s pointing out that Trump has not solved our problems.

I could say the same thing with Obamacare. Many Obama haters have been quick to point out the failings of Obamacare. Gleeful gloating? Or anger and frustration that the problems of healthcare in this country haven’t been solved?

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   

one time i can agree with ya. peace be with ya and yours.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   

your rhetoric is often heard but seldom practiced, what do we need to straighten out views? it's an honest question i want to see what ya say..

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 10:11 AM
link   

I think you are mistaking anger and frustration with gloating.

I can see what you're saying and as an outsider standing on the edge looking in, watching all the "fire works", I can completely agree with you.

edit on 1-7-2018 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 10:19 AM
link   

You know, I could almost agree with you on this. Except there are people saying things like, "I hope kimmy does a bait and switch on Trump and makes him look like a fool." Of course that means nuclear proliferation and further destabilization of the Korean peninsula, but hey, who cares...as long as Trump looks bad.

When obama won all I said was, "This is going to be interesting." I waited. I watched. I was very disappointed and angry. I was not happy he failed, I was mad as hell that people were stupid enough to try crap like obamacare in the first place. I knew it wasn't going to work, rates would go up, etc. But we had to do it anyway. But I never wanted the country to suffer even if it meant making obama look bad.

Trump isn't the second coming by a long shot. But he is following through on campaign promises. Granted, he is meeting with unheard of opposition, but he is trying to get the job done. Case in point - the kids in detention centers. He didn't start that, clinton did. He got blamed for it. He asked congress to put a bill together to solve the problem. They refused. So he did it via XO. And people still rail against him.

I know we see this from two very different perspectives, but I honestly do not see this same harmful behavior from the right. I don't see it in the people I know, my family, my neighborhood. When I see examples of it on tv its the left. I watch a variety of stations local and international so its not just one network with a conservative slant.

Do you not see the same thing? I am really curious how you see the news and events taking place.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

I guess people have forgotten all about this:

www.nbcnews.com...

Or this:

fox4kc.com...

Or this:

www.rushlimbaugh.com...

This:

www.msnbc.com...

The vitriol and hopes for failure have come from both sides. BOTH sides.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Man the right wing shills have got you totally propagandized huh???

NO ONE WANTS THEIR OWN HOME AND COUNTRY DESTROYED?!?!

That’s what’s known as propaganda for stupid people...

Man.. conservatives will literally believe ANYTHING Sean Hannity tells them lol..

See this is part of the reason I find conservative propaganda so disgusting..

The left doesn’t pretend their opponents are super villains trying to destroy America...

I have no idea how that narrative even works since it is just retarded...

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: six67seven

BWAHAHAHA

is there anyone pretending trump is a murderer who runs elite pedophile rings???

And it is those who don’t like trump that are deranged?!?!

What a joke.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   

However, I can NOT remember a time when political opposition openly hoped, pleaded, for the destruction of the entire country. I can't remember that ever happening. I can't remember people actively wishing for a worldwide financial meltdown, or a nuclear war, just to spite a single person or president. I can't remember that.

You know TDS is real.

What we've seen the last several weeks, in particular, has been absolutely stunning. Before that, it was the calls for assassination. Some of which continue to this day.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   

"Something has fundamentally changed in people's mindset. What is it?"

Pure unadulterated hate! What did you think it was about?

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Yea, but only one side creates vast illuminati conspiracy theories that make their opponents out to be mustache twirling villian a who’s only motivation isnt some profit based motivation...NOOOO, its the destruction of America..

The left wing vitriol doesn’t require a super villian..

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Reminder.....
This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for polite political debate will be enforced.
Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

The left doesn’t pretend their opponents are super villains trying to destroy America...

Ummm......... so what is Trump to the left then?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join