It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Trump Baby' blimp smashes crowdfunding target ahead of Donald Trump's London visit

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Fair enough you disagree with it as a expression of freedom of speech and protest.

I personally think its a amazing idea but I am pretty sure you might have felt the same if it was a giant baby Hillary that was floating over the skies.

Not only do I disagree with it, I think it is ironic. The babies are the ones standing outside, stomping their feet, holding their balloons.

link   

originally posted by: Kurokage
a reply to: face23785

just don't be upset when we tell you what a crybaby it actually makes you look like.

Is that your response to Trump too!!

See the post above this one.

link   

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: TheLead
a reply to: Kurokage

He didn't say the government should shut them down? It's also his free speech to ridicule such ridiculousness.

This is the part people forget.

"What about my free speech?" Nobody is saying you can't fly this childish balloon, just don't be upset when we tell you what a crybaby it actually makes you look like.

Its only childish though in your opinion and I doubt the 50,000 expected to protest against his visit in London really care about what you might think of it. Actually if anything I would think they would be relishing the idea of triggering some Trump supporters to the point that they are calling them childish in online forums.

This in my view is just a expression of British humour, its like a big F-U flying over London to Trump, it will get more than a few laughs I would think and I also think that its really going to get the protesters a lot of publicity.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Fair enough you disagree with it as a expression of freedom of speech and protest.

I personally think its a amazing idea but I am pretty sure you might have felt the same if it was a giant baby Hillary that was floating over the skies.

Not only do I disagree with it, I think it is ironic. The babies are the ones standing outside, stomping their feet, holding their balloons.

You made me laugh. A star for that.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Like I said, thats fine thats your opinion on it and its just as valid as my opinion that this is a just something that is intended to generate a few laughs and will get lots of publicity for the protesters.

So feel free to disagree with me.

I would be worried if you started agreeing with me anyway at this point.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

That's the point, apparently they dont care about anything but grandstanding, so excuse me when I don't take the issues they bring to the front as being genuine.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   

I don’t think your opinion is just as valid as mine in this case. I think you’re wrong.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   

I think you are both right. It's both funny and childish. If this balloon was put together by a group of comedians it would have been a priceless moment.

However it was put together by people who think they are a making a logical and intellectual protest. Which is a different kind of funny, sense I'm laughing at their attempt to be serious and not laughing with them.

edit on 1-7-2018 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   

The horror of it, Les thinks his opinion is better than everyone elses!

edit on 1-7-2018 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheLead

That's the point, apparently they dont care about anything but grandstanding, so excuse me when I don't take the issues they bring to the front as being genuine.

Just by your very posting on this subject shows that you care to some extent.

Just by the very virtue of this being a thread that exists on ATS and you are discussing it, means it has worked because thats all the people who funded this wanted, to get people talking.

Trump is so despised in the UK that a bunch of folk have came together to spend ten grand on what is essentially a giant floating personal F-U to Trump.

You might not like what they have done, you might disagree with it, you might see it as a waist of money but at the end of the day you are talking about it and that alone in my view proves its effectiveness.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   

I don’t think your opinion is just as valid as mine in this case. I think you’re wrong.

How every arrogant of you....

No, your opinion is not more valid than mine, we have two differing opinions.

You basically are of the opinion that actually this is a childish waist of money.

I am of the opinion that its a funny way of gathering publicity for the protesters.

Two opinions both equally valid, please don't fall into the arrogant trap of assuming that your opinion matters any more than the opinions of others.

edit on 1-7-2018 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Isurrender73

I think you are both right. It's both funny and childish. Idf this balloon was put together by a group of comedians it would have been a priceless moment.

However it was put together by people who think they are a making a logical and intellectual protest together. Which is a different kind of funny, sense I'm laughing at thier attempt to be serious and not laughing with them.

I actually think it's funny too. I laughed when I first saw it. I bet Trump laughs too if it's flying when he gets there.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kurokage

The horror of it, Les thinks his opinion is better than everyone elses!

Does this surprise you??

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   

No, it's old news with Les. Someone else who's had his sense of humour surgically removed.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I'd rather listen to jihadi's yelling than deal with Liberal Assholes carry on about dumb shT%. Can I say that?

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   

No, your opinion is not valid, and please don’t fall into the arrogant trap that all opinions are valid.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   

I disagree with people saying that care about things, then collecting money to ridicule somebody, when they could put than money/time towards their actual causes. This does nothing to prove their point to me or for me to even.care enough to get a point out of it.

Its like progressive insurance going out of their way to use peoples money to annoy me into remembering their name, I'm going to remember it to insure they never receive my money.
edit on 7/1/2018 by TheLead because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/1/2018 by TheLead because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   

No, your opinion is not valid, and please don’t fall into the arrogant trap that all opinions are valid.

So my opinion is not valid but yours is

Care to explain why?

Its just a tad arrogant of you.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Care to explain why?

Do you know what valid means?

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Care to explain why?

Do you know what valid means?

Yes I do.

IMO there are aliens on the back side of the moon in control of our reptilian overlords on earth.

My opinion is valid too. Lol

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join