It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Trump Baby' blimp smashes crowdfunding target ahead of Donald Trump's London visit

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I bet they can resell it somewhere after the 'event', and at least get their money back ....

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

Sorry respect is earned. Period.

Respect for the person is earned but respect for the office of President of the United States is a given , like it or not he is leader of the free world.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Respect for the person is earned but respect for the office of President of the United States is a given , like it or not he is leader of the free world.

I agree completely. If he was involved in genocide or something then I'd think different, but he's not, these protests are shameful in my opinion. They don't represent me or any activism I would ever carry out.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whodathunkdatcheese

originally posted by: Blaine91555

Same problem here. People see the protests in the US hyped by the media and get the wrong idea about what we are like or what it's like here. Squeaky wheels have far to much influence over the narrative.

Maybe it's a question of perspective. On this side of the Atlantic, we don't have aggressive, militarised police and a third world gun violence problem so any coverage is shocking to us.

Wow, same here. We don't have aggressive, militarized police either

That demonstrates what I meant. You only see the rare incidents where there is a problem and you see them narrated by partisan hacks pretending to be the media. It's the price we pay for a completely free press.

We have like 800,000 LEO's interacting with multiple people every time they are on duty and still those incidents are rare. Viewed without a bias, it's not nearly as bad as US haters like to pretend it is. Isn't it odd how people who dislike our government carry that over to hating us?

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

ooooh, that's really going to get to him.

Good to see TDS is worldwide.

Must be hard having him as the first waking thought and the final one before they go to sleep.

Trying to beat the Donald at these kind of games doesn't turn out well. You have been advised.

edit on 3-7-2018 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   

No not really.

I a not a US citizen nor did I vote for him.

I owe him no allegiance.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Tommy Robison march 14th July is going to shut down London

And it'll be PRO TRUMP all the way

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I was reading the OP and thinking to myself, ah that's kinda funny. Then I saw the picture of the blimp and holy crap, that's amazing.

However, I don't know why anyone would think Trump cares. He thrives on that. Remember when Clinton officially conceded the election to Trump? Before he even showed his face for the first time as the President Elect, his intro music came on: Rolling Stones - You Can't Always Get What You Want. And with that, the god-tier trolling had already begun.

By the way, what do you do with a blimp like that after it's been used? I need a second GoFundMe just to take it home after the fact.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: sine.nomine
However, I don't know why anyone would think Trump cares. He thrives on that.

Yeah ok... That claim can easily be resolved... If only we happen to get so lucky as to see live footage of Trump golfing on his golf course in Scotland, right when the 'baby Trump blimp' floats right by, directly in his eyeline.

If he owns it... Then I'll totally respect the man and concede I was wrong about him.

But if he gets all insecure about it and starts popping off childish insults on twitter... Then it'll just prove I was right about him all along.

After all, theirs nothing more pathetic than a man who gives it, but then has a total meltdown when it come back on them.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   

I guess the real question is this: why do you even care how Trump feels about some comedy blimp? I personally think the blimp looks hilarious, but how Trump feels about it affects me none. I'm sure he has more important things to worry about, and frankly I hope you do too.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 05:29 PM
link   

I'm sure he has more important things to worry about, and frankly I hope you do too.

Well actually, just to be totally honest... after I've done my 8 hours, I literally don't have anything more important to worry about.

And frankly, judging by Trumps twitter feed, I often wonder whether he does either...

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

I'm sure he has more important things to worry about, and frankly I hope you do too.

I literally don't have anything more important to worry about.

The most important thing you have to worry about is getting confirmation from strangers online that another man is "pathetic"... that sounds like an awful life. I recommend finding a hobby, or a sense of humor.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: sine.nomine

Just thinking out loud here, but maybe you could seriously benefit from taking your own advise... As in your advise to "finding" a sense of humour.

... Just sayin.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Are you kidding me? That blimp still has me cracking up. It's like if Trump was a character on Ren and Stimpy.

ETA: If they really we're trying to get to him they should've made the hands even smaller.

edit on 3-7-2018 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: TritonTaranis
Tommy Robison march 14th July is going to shut down London

And it'll be PRO TRUMP all the way

A few hundred football hooligans having a punch up with the police along Whitehall and Trafalgar Square is not "shutting down London". It's a handful of diverted buses at best.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Same problem here. People see the protests in the US hyped by the media and get the wrong idea about what we are like or what it's like here. Squeaky wheels have far to much influence over the narrative.

Maybe it's a question of perspective. On this side of the Atlantic, we don't have aggressive, militarised police and a third world gun violence problem so any coverage is shocking to us.

That demonstrates what I meant. You only see the rare incidents where there is a problem and you see them narrated by partisan hacks pretending to be the media. It's the price we pay for a completely free press.

We have like 800,000 LEO's interacting with multiple people every time they are on duty and still those incidents are rare. Viewed without a bias, it's not nearly as bad as US haters like to pretend it is. Isn't it odd how people who dislike our government carry that over to hating us?

Come to Europe. See what our police are like. Then compare.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   

He's doing such a great job maintaining the dignity of his office that the moral leadership of the free world (whatever that means since 1990) is increasingly coming from other places.

Remember when Dubya took his eye of the ball after 9/11. When even the Israelis didn't return his calls when they invaded the Lebanon in (IIRC) 2006? We are seeing an even greater shift.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Come to Europe. See what our police are like. Then compare.

I posted a thread asking for examples of police brutality in the UK, and not one youtube posted by anyone else...
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 3-7-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: typo

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

I've seen videos of UK police arresting people for things like being offensive or provocative, which is something you won't see in the US. But I can confirm, the US has a pretty aggressive and militarized police force. At least in my experience.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: sine.nomine

Not wanting to go off-topic if you have links to the vids please do post them in the thread I quoted

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join