It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Evidence That Two Earth-Like Exoplanets Have Stable Climates And Seasons

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

I was thinking the Mormons from the Expanse having their ship built for a multi-decade journey.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Human Nature is the greatest threat of the 21st Century.

And what we might try to do to survive it is a discussion few around here ever want to even acknowledge so that we might get to go do the cool stuff on Star Trek one day. The Eugenics Wars are literally upon us. We're 'all' already arguing about it all day and dont even know it; we think its everything we think we're arguing about; we think its all everything but it.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Well the reality is though due to the corporations' immense power and influence, I'm pretty sure they will the first to colonize the planets just to mine for resources and possibly experiment on whatever extraterrestrial life they find.

I do agree the Mormons will expand and become the new colonists though.
edit on 7/1/2018 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

I agree with your opinion , we should be out there !

anyway isn this what its all about

Encelad us - complex organic molecules

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I don't buy this crap....They cant tell you about Mars in very much detail.... need another probe. need another rover.....but they can point a telescope at a star 900 lightyears away..... and can assure you there is a rocky planet, tilted axis and the whole shebang..... You can believe it if you want.. Maybe they will give us some artist renditions and tell us this is what it looks like

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: neoholographic
I personally think the evidence is overwhelmingly strong for Panspermia vs. Abiogenesis so we will find life just about everywhere.

What evidence, strong or otherwise, is there for Panspermia? I'm not saying it's an implausible theory, but surely until we examine at least one example of extraterrestrial life there is no evidence either way?

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: EvilAxis

Mars Meteorite Possible Fossil

The link above is still a pretty compelling case. However, it's a possible fossil, not proof of living things or DNA being transported to Earth via special delivery.

Given the tons of stuff that falls on us every day, and enough length of time, it seems plausible that the building blocks of life can be introduced to a planet such as ours through impacts with comets and asteroids, as well as by interstellar 'dust' carried by radioactive 'pressure waves'. Likewise, impactors can erase virtually all trace of life too. It figures in a ying/yang kinda' way.

Panspermia makes a lot of sense. However, it would be an incredibly difficult thing to prove scientifically, given the length of time that nature takes turning a barren planet into a living planet like ours. In the meantime, science continues to experiment with a variety of micro-organisms in space, to see how well they survive in low earth orbit.

So, it's still a theory, but a damned good one!

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: horatio321

The Mars fossil is very, very disputed at best.

back to the topic of exoplanet climates:

Ross 128b looks temperate as well.

www.eurekalert.org...

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   
This passes for “evidence”? An object whose very existence is merely hypothesised by its apparent effects upon some measuring instruments is in the habitable zone, therefore “evidence” of stable climates and seasons? Really? And the same people who swallow this kind of “scientific” sensationalism hook, line and sinker laugh at Young Earth creationists as pseudoscientific whackjobs?

We know precisely diddly squat about the nature and composition of these objects, and that’s just a fact.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Theosist

You, my friend, are going to have an even harder time with particle physics.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic
Hey I like your gumption. But what you said and linked is only that, gumption. But hey! I am all down for some space travel. Though I do believe there is more to it then most people realize, a whole hell of a lot more. But then again, the journey is started on that first step. One small step for man, right?

The ball has to get rolling somewhere at some time. But that time is not now, or at least not to be sending spam in a can to some who know were millions of miles away, much less millions of light years away. I do believe that would be labeled as a human rights violation, or maybe animal cruelty.

But ya! Still some ways off to be space dreaming, once we get over this space dreaming fetish, maybe then it will come to be some real space planing.

Do you know what you call two or more humans stuck in a can in space going some few hundred years away? Free floating hostilities.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: dude1
I think that there is a high change that the simulation or even the physical computer parts may give out somewhere at the 30 to 100 light year mark, and that is with technology we don't have today, # in fact in a few hundred years they may all just be rusted over.

More then a few stops along the way will have to happen on that 1200 light year trip even if you were just machines and robots floating through space to our destination. Now if you were flesh and bone, more then a few times a year you would have to make way stops. In fact every few hours maybe.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: schuyler
Nice speech. But lets just say that in a hundred years from now if we get something is sustainable and we can travel some few hundreds of thousands of light years away it just may take thousands of years, and whats to say that the planet you go to is not a "killer planet" like earth as you so put it.

Or how about this, what makes you so sure that there exists a planet out there in the cosmos that is not a killer planet? You know the ones without tectonic movement down bellow? Well there not very habitable or have atmospheres really, may just take another few thousand years to make any kind of atmosphere even if we did have the technology. And as for the sun going nova. # at this rate by the time we get to this new and friendly planet with a nice and cozy sun, well by then that sun may be going nova. And so on it goes.

If you think earth and this sun is a killer. Oh boy oh boy, are we all going to be in for a surprise. If you cant live with what you got, well, I do believe that in the larger terms of things the universe calls that primed for getting the boot.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join