It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newspaper Reporter "Resigns" Over False Claim Annapolis Shooter Wore MAGA Hat

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Not good at recognizing humor? He said "should have".

That's why a rational discussion is impossible. Attitudes like that.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Mach2

CNN has never shown anti Trump bias.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mach2

That is not humor, it is disinformation. The underlying assumption is that CNN lies. That reinforces a certain Anti-American agenda which threatens our First Amendment rights.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 07:23 AM
link   
just curious

Has anyone asked the reporter WHY he lied?

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

That is not humor, it is disinformation. The underlying assumption is that CNN lies. That reinforces a certain Anti-American agenda which threatens our First Amendment rights.

Humor is subjective I suppose.

Anyone who doesn't see bias in the media, and recognize that the vast majority is anti Trump, is lying to themselves. That applies to everyone from all political sides.

The press is now trying to guide policy. The hatred of our president, while real, is being used as a tool to shape minds. Ppl better wake up before the brainwashing is complete.

The policy is more important than the man, and IMO, today's policy beats the crap out of the policies of the last two administrations.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 07:40 AM
link   

CNN does lie. They are willing to report untruths as long as it furthers their agenda.

A true news organization would not. What threatens the 1st are the "news" organizations that are more concerned with shaping opinions than reporting facts.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

CNN does lie. They are willing to report untruths as long as it furthers their agenda.

A true news organization would not. What threatens the 1st are the "news" organizations that are more concerned with shaping opinions than reporting facts.

You are describing every single commercial "news outlet" and 99.9% of the so-called independent ones.

Money, you may have heard, makes the world go 'round. Money and power.

Yes, CNN mispresents the truth. Is everything broadcast on CNN a lie? No. [Replace CNN with your outlet of choice.]

The fallacy is one of category.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Please provide an example of an intentional lie by CNN. Not "spin," not editorial bias, but an outright lie. You know, like Trump does.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Anyone who doesn't see bias in the media, and recognize that the vast majority is anti Trump, is lying to themselves.

Reporting the facts is not an "Anti-Trump bias."

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 07:52 AM
link   

I'm on my phone but it's happened so many times it's amazing you are even asking.

I remember watching CNN on TV and all day they were bashing Trump and the banner on the screen said something like "source: Trump will not sign eo to end separation of immigrant children". I came back an hour later and the news was Trump had just signed the eo.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 07:58 AM
link   
"Bashing Trump" is not automatically lying. Having or expressing an opinion that Mr. Trump's actions are not beneficial is not lying.

Trump calls interpretations that he doesn't like or that don't favor his brand "fake news." His followers tend to chant that as if it came from holy writ.

It didn't.

That said, I personally do not think that the negative tone toward the President at CNN is productive in any way. Just as I didn't feel that the negative tone from FOX News toward President Obama was productive.

Indeed, as part of the complex process of media's divide-and-conquer tactics, both are equally harmful.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 08:01 AM
link   

edit on 1-7-2018 by Drque because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Drque

I have yet to see these good reasons.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: infolurker

He is a Republican who was trying to be "cute", or something. All he did was throw red meat to the liberal sharks that are always circling within the MSM.

I'm surprised that certain ATS members missed this story yesterday.

Did they?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Except CNN does lie an simpletons like you eat it up. In fact, you're disinfo.

Just glad you people lost an continue to.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Anyone who doesn't see bias in the media, and recognize that the vast majority is anti Trump, is lying to themselves.

Reporting facts, and editorializing are two different things. I have no problem with editorials promoting any opinion they wish.

When " facts" are sound bites, taken wholly out of context, it is lying by omission. An example would be when the lib media says "Trump says all Mexicans are murderers and rapists". When what he really said was many are good ppl.

That is not " reporting facts". That is distorting truth to promote an agenda.

I can see it may be too late for you to take a clean look at the policies, and the future ramifications if certain things aren't dealt with.

Our economy, and therefore our standard of living are on a fragile base. Things like uncontrolled immigration, trade imbalances, social program abuse and waste need to be reigned in for the good of the country.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: infolurker

What's the story behind "The Republican?"

Just the paper's name.
There are plenty named the "Democrat" as well.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Reporting facts, and editorializing are two different things. I have no problem with editorials promoting any opinion they wish.

When " facts" are sound bites, taken wholly out of context, it is lying by omission. An example would be when the lib media says "Trump says all Mexicans are murderers and rapists". When what he really said was many are good ppl.

That is not " reporting facts". That is distorting truth to promote an agenda.

I can see it may be too late for you to take a clean look at the policies, and the future ramifications if certain things aren't dealt with.

Our economy, and therefore our standard of living are on a fragile base. Things like uncontrolled immigration, trade imbalances, social program abuse and waste need to be reigned in for the good of the country.

Qouted for truth. Damn that was good.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 08:18 AM
link   
It's fairly easy to fight back against the tide of extremism coming from the media.

Take responsibility for what you personally believe, that is, be aware of your own programming.

Use critical thought to parse out what is factual from what is opinion.

Provide an example of both in your every day life so that others can learn not by your telling them what to do but by showing them.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
It's fairly easy to fight back against the tide of extremism coming from the media.

Take responsibility for what you personally believe, that is, be aware of your own programming.

Use critical thought to parse out what is factual from what is opinion.

Provide an example of both in your every day life so that others can learn not by your telling them what to do but by showing them.

That, or just take a course in Communications 😏

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join