It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do I get a free domain?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Ok I have a problem with my forum, it has a huge web address. So I've looked for a domain name for it and they all charge money that I'm to cheap to spend. I saw one website were I could get a free domain name, but it requires that I place one of their ads on my mainpage. This doesn't work for me since I'm not very good at playing with skins and such.

So does anybody know how I can get a free domain without placing an ad on my main page?

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Dot.TK doesnt make you place an ad, but it does cause a popup when you first go to your site.

Your not gonna find any free .com, .org, .net, or any other main domains.

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Sounds good enough for me. Thanks for your help DLM. .TK sounds easy enough to remember. BTW can somebody please tell me what .tk stands for? Just curious.

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 03:22 PM
link   
It stands for Tokelau, its apparently an island. They are using Dot.TK to gain money for medicine and stuff.

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 05:47 AM
link   
i have one it's www.dot.tk..., i think it would only act as a link to the previous ling domain u use so is u want please do try this one it;s all i hab\ve got. bye

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Also www.freedomain.co.nr and www.cydots.com

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 05:41 PM
link   
cjb.net is quite good for a free domain. They do place a small, closable, advertisement in the top right corner, though. But, you also get free website uploads, e-mail addresses, etc.

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 03:58 PM
link   
You can set up a home server and have your domain point to the home server as I do. It is a little work but worth it.

linuxfueled.com...

[edit on 20-2-2006 by IntelRetard]

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 07:29 AM
link   
officelive.microsoft.com...

Sign up for the beta account. Free domain, but you design your site using their template's, similar to google pages. But, just like with google pages you can upload your own site there too. so, www.yoursitename.com/documents/index.html is how the address would look for your own page.

new topics

top topics

join