It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrat Congressional Bill to Dismantle ICE To Be Introduced in House

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 05:39 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

It’s not the policy.

If you honestly believe that the likes of ms13 are going to be able to waltz in as they please (they almost do now anyway) you are the one that is delusional.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Guaranteed job at $15 an hour minimum to everyone. That's the Democrats new platform. So no borders and tax payers give every immigrant a minimum of $30k a year. Makes sense.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Oh the irony. Everyone one this thread is calling Democrats stupid for wanting to abolish ICE and it says ICE is part of Homeland Security. Guess who opposed creating Homeland Security when it was proposed in the Bush admin?? You got it, Republicans! And after it was created they said it was a wasteful, big government program. And then when they try to do their jobs securing airplanes conservatives said they're evil for searching people.

So who is actually stupid here??

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

Less than half the border has any kind of protection at all.

Its is prickly in a few places, and wide open from there. Then there's organized from north of the border Caravans, Sanctuary Cities, autistic screeching liberals, and on and on and on to convince them that this is their personal Promised Land / to embolden them / to protect them. For all intensive purposes it is an Open Border Policy.

And what do you care anyways, islander? You must be one of those neighborhood association types, who gets off on driving around your neighborhood photoing peoples lawns / yards / cars / etc, writing them up preferably reprimanding them as much as you can get away with, and being nosey in general. And call the cops on people all the time for trivial BS. Amirite?

edit on 1-7-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

You must be one of those neighborhood association types, who gets off on driving around your neighborhood photoing peoples lawns / yards / cars / etc, writing them up preferably reprimanding them as much as you can get away with, and being nosey in general. And call the cops on people all the time for trivial BS. Amirite?

That’s for rednecks like you matey.

“Git orf mah lorn!!”

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Rednecks dont have lawns, they have woodchippers.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Democrat posturing for their base.

Congress, where ideas, either good or bad, go to die.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Then I suggest you contact your government and demand they lower their immigration requirements and border enforcement to our level.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

yeah who cares we don't want to keep transnational criminal organizations and human trafficking gangs out of our country
What does that have to do with taking babies away from their mothers because they crossed the border?

They aren't being taken from their mommies when their mommies use our ports of entry like they're supposed to.

Their mommies are being arrested for swimming across the Rio Grande (which I as a citizen would also be arrested and separated from my kids for) or sneaking in through other ways.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

As a working american I to would greatly benefit from a higher minimum wage.

The way your reply is worded it makes me think you believe that ONLY immigrants would benefit from a wage increase.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Aww phooey!!.. I thought you guys hated big overreaching govt who kicks doors in and disappear children.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   

It cost 2500.00 U.S. dollars to renounce your citizenship!

I already looked into it.

Prison policy.......poor don't have a chance.

If anyone wants to pay this fee for me, I will gladly take it.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

How are they the legislative branch going to try to dissolve a part of homeland security which is part of excutive branch hkw is that even legaly allowed? I can understand them cutting funding but not actively trying to kill something operating under another branch of gov.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: proteus33

How are they the legislative branch going to try to dissolve a part of homeland security which is part of excutive branch hkw is that even legaly allowed?

For one thing, this:

Congress ultimately passed the Homeland Security Act of 2002

en.wikipedia.org...

For another, Congress determines who gets funding.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

. Oh well Trump I guess would just have to use federal agents to guard border then might be good idea every few agent would have to spend first year on job as a border patrol guard

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Just for fun: Where is ICE provided for in the Constitution again?

Aren't you guys strict constructionists?

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Right under the passage concerning LGBTQ rights.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Right under the passage concerning LGBTQ rights.

So, the Fifteenth Amendment then? Isn't that what comes after the Fourteenth Amendment?

I don't think so DB.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Or maybe the Sixth Amendment, following the Fifth?

Nope, not there either.

I'm starting to think the Constitution doesn't permit the Federal Government to have police troops with an unlimited jurisdiction ... hmmmm.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join