It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrat Congressional Bill to Dismantle ICE To Be Introduced in House

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Hey!

DARPA is sweet.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

yeah who cares we don't want to keep transnational criminal organizations and human trafficking gangs out of our country
What does that have to do with taking babies away from their mothers because they crossed the border?

edit on 6/30/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

At least you're asking the right question.

If you asked the vocal majority here, they seem to believe abolishing ICE means open, un-controlled borders where anyone can come in unchecked.

Abolishing ICE outright is absurd, especially when the bill will fail to get passed anyway, but it just needs fine tuning.

Seems American politics is now about who can overreact more.

edit on 30/6/18 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 08:00 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 08:03 PM
link   
What the hell are those Democratic congressmen thinking, we cannot get rid of our immigration agency. That will lead to some major issues. I can see it now, people will take the law into their own hands, shooting people who try to get over the border because some fools decided they did not want to enforce our laws. A single sniper can kill a lot of people coming over the border. Keep our law enforcement agency intact to protect these people from dying.

Cause and effect, people are blind to this kind of stuff, ten different people could take out hundreds along our border. ICE is there to protect these people from irate Americans too, if border security is not there, all sorts of things can happen. Remember, drugs come over the border too, some people will not want these drugs coming in. Also, get rid of ICE and cartel people will freely come over the border.

What happened to wisdom in this country in our government. I suppose I should not put the words Wisdom and congress in the same sentence.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: projectvxn

Yeah. And the president is trying to calm things down. Why won't everyone just listen to him?

The president is following and enforcing the law (That's what the executive branch does BTW) and liberals are freaking out over it.
edit on 30 6 18 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 08:06 PM
link   
A simple salution? The US. Army's job is to secure the U.S. of A. and its borders. That's what we pay "taxes" for. Constitutionally. That's why Congress approves funding for, every 2 years for the Army. Every 4 years for the Navy and their marines, to (secure dockyards and ports). How the marines became a "fighting force"? Go figure. They're kinda like I.C.E. agents really. There is no "special" branch of LEO's Constitutionally funded to protect U.S. borders. Fire them all! Let them get "real" non-government jobs. They have militia training/weapons training. Let them become mall security with all the "authority" that comes with it. As a "Conservative"? I think the "Dems" have this one right! And we should give this to them. Thinking as a "Conservative"? I agree with the liberal heathens on this. We should put US. Borders under military authority, as it should and "Constitutionally" is supposed to be.
Give the libs something else to cry about. As a Republican, I think there's way to many Federal "police" agencies anyway. A "free people" can "law enforce" themselves, just fine. Without "law" getting in the way. Only Libs don't "trust the "humanity" of their fellow man or at least give them the benefit of doubt. They seem to be fearful and believe that everyone cares about what they think. Because they always can create a job or pay someone else, to take a bullet for them. They're more "capitalistic" than capitalist are. But I won't go into that. Because I don't understand cowards and how they think. Or what a dog is saying, when it barks. Not that I care to understand... I really don't!
These American Libs, when their new overlords are directing them, on how to dig a "deep, long trench", will probably not outlive the "lessons" of the day. In their minds, "freedom" and "education" are opening your mouth and making sounds.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

we cannot get rid of our immigration agency.

Technically, CPB is our immigration agency. ICE is something...else. Possibly redundant.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 08:07 PM
link   
The only ones who really have a motive to get rid of ICE are the drug cartels.

Wonder who is greasing the Democrats palms to get this fake cause going?

Besides, ICE has nothing to do with separating children at the border, that is the border security, separate force.

Ice grabs drugs, coyote human traffickers, goes after MS-13 and criminal illegals. Dems support all of those now, so like Trump recently said the Dems are going to lose badly at the voting booths.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 08:08 PM
link   

The president is following and enforcing the law
Yes.

Crossing the border illegally is a misdemeanor. Smoking pot is a felony. What's up with that?

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

Hey!

DARPA is sweet.

Global Technological Totalitarianism kicks ass yo!

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Isn't ICE part of the Patriot Act?

Seems that, not too long ago, ATS thought the Patriot Act was a bad thing. An uuge infringement on American freedoms.

Yep, ICE was.

It used to be INS

United States Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS)

They split INS up between 3 different offices.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 08:21 PM
link   

The president is following and enforcing the law
Yes.

Crossing the border illegally is a misdemeanor. Smoking pot is a felony. What's up with that?

If crossing illegally was a felony and they were found guilty it would be a minimum of a yr in jail... how would that work when the goal is to send them back asap?

Add to that, we don’t know who these prople are, what country they’re coming from, are the kids with them their kids.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: six67seven

What's a prople? Is it a human being?

edit on 6/30/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 08:27 PM
link   

So dramatic.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Ask congress.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 08:29 PM
link   

In this case, yes

Lucky guess

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

Ask congress.

I did. They promised to return my call.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 08:31 PM
link   

a reply to: rickymouse

we cannot get rid of our immigration agency.

Technically, CPB is our immigration agency. ICE is something...else. Possibly redundant.

I always thought ICE, being part of homeland Security I think, was active within many border towns So get rid of ICE and there is no agency to monitor the illegal alien criminals. If they get rid of ICE, then they should broaden the powers of the State and county and local officials to take action against illegals. I see that could be a plus, those more local agencies are restricted from going after illegals that get in trouble now, they have to notify the Feds, which is probably a waste of time. This may get more criminals permanently off the streets. One way or another.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 08:32 PM
link   

a reply to: six67seven

What's a prople? Is it a human being?

It is a specific typo of people. A minority.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join