It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Moore is Deeply Disturbed

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: diggindirt
a reply to: strongfp
Just a male Mother Theresa with multiple multi-million dollar estates and a private jet. What a guy! Look at him opening a new refugee center in one of his unused mansions every day. Look at him providing sponsorship for these poor parents and their children. Maybe he can convince his buddies like Clooney and that lot to join him in those efforts to house and care for these folks in their seldom-used mansions around the world.

I bet I give and do more for charity a year than Michael Moore does
And I am nowhere near "rich"

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

He doesn't own a jet. And he has one multi million dollar house, 2 Million dollars worth. It's not exactly 'lavish' considering there are no bodies in my city who live in 33,000sq ft houses worth over 20 million down the road from me.
Stop nit picking at a mans success.
And you want him to start taking in refugees? Well guess what, he can't because of Trumps laws. Go figure...

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein
He’s right about the electoral college though.
We wouldn’t be in this terrible mess we are in now if we based the outcome on the popular vote.

I mean, trees and acres and farm animals shouldn’t supersede actual humans.

True Democracy is simply "Mob Rules". You disenfranchise minority voters when you base elections solely on popular vote. It is a poor way to run a country. Why should the majority get to push around the minority because they had 1% more voters?

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   
BRILLIANT OP.

I can't add a thing to it at this time. You said it all. Well done.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   
A snippet from the best puppet show ever.

And here's a little from the creators.

edit on 30-6-2018 by skunkape23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Stop nit picking at a mans success.

First , you have to look at a person
Second , you have to look at how that person became "successful"
What did they do ?

Then , and only then , can you make that statement.
And , apparently you have done neither of the 2 steps

Trumps laws. Go figure...

Good thing you list as Canadian . Otherwise I would have to sorely lambaste you for not having any background information on what you just posted.

edit on 6/30/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Wow, fake news has been at it again. I guess he just leases that jet he flies into Traverse City Airport and calls, "My bird" as he orders the airport staff about. The people there who must deal with this fellow don't have your worshipful opinion of him.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein
He’s right about the electoral college though.
We wouldn’t be in this terrible mess we are in now if we based the outcome on the popular vote.

I mean, trees and acres and farm animals shouldn’t supersede actual humans.

So you really want California and New York deciding policy for the rest of the country? The electoral college is there for a reason. Just like the House and Senate seat numbers are set up a certsin way. So no one or two states decide the direction of the country to the detriment of the rest. Not sure why people (outside of the anarchists advocating overthrow of US society) think dismantling the U.S. Constitution is a good idea.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

Or he's pointing out reality to those who are delusional to what is actually happening. It goes both ways, if you are hell bent on rooting for one 'side' than the other you'll believe anything that your champion will spout out of their mouth.

Moore is literally liberal to the bone, he's centrist and doesn't agree with far left or right ideologies. He's a documentary maker and has the public as his best interests, everyday people, not people who want to hoard all their wealth and success and would throw their neighbor under the bus to gain the upper hand.

Oh he would never do anything for his own gain it’s not like he’s sitting all that money while his beloved Detroit keeps going down the drain...

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

So you think the entire country should abide by what California new York and Florida think? That is the reason for the electoral college so that a couple cities don't control the country. Your state has 50 million people my state has 15 million you shouldn't have more say than my state because of population. That was the genius of our founding fathers in having the foresight to predict such events. Hence the electoral college and all states being heard and not just bullied over population.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Screw what the rest of the country wants... we’ll leave it to New York and California where anyone can vote numerous times as long as they vote blue
edit on 30-6-2018 by Ares2493 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: BigDave-AR

He's a private citizen living his private capitalist life. the way American's love to. What do you expect?
He shows holes in the broken social system of the US, he's not a politician, he's not a leader, he's a film maker. He didn't force people to watch his films. "Oh look he's a millionaire, and advocates for social injustices, and brings light social issues, but doesn't throw his money away to the poor and needy, he's wrong!"

That's what everyone here is sounding like. Jealously at it's finest.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Yes, Moore is deeply disturbed, but more than that he is a fat, hysterical tub of lard.
He needs an intervention to stop him stuffing his face with every pie he sees.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Themaskedbeast
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

So you think the entire country should abide by what California new York and Florida think? That is the reason for the electoral college so that a couple cities don't control the country. Your state has 50 million people my state has 15 million you shouldn't have more say than my state because of population. That was the genius of our founding fathers in having the foresight to predict such events. Hence the electoral college and all states being heard and not just bullied over population.

Is Civics even taught in school anymore. People seem so ignorant of basic American government and the way our system is/was set up and WHY.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 06:41 PM
link   
He’s starting to look more and more like my friends grandmother.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Michael Moore is a white Spike Lee.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 07:03 PM
link   
So if we apply standard logic of the right to Michael Moore, he is triggering a lot of people so that means he must be right.

Isn't that how things work in Trump's America now? The more people you trigger or offend with your speech the more right that makes you?

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I knew someone who worked with Micheal Moore, I thought he was doing our country good at first, but he went overboard too many times, he is just doing it for fame now.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Rage is one of the 7 deadly sins as it leads to death in this life and the next. Trump Derangement Syndrome in its second year is about right for irreversible depth of madness. You'll be hearing about this more often nationwide.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 09:14 PM
link   

As you seem to be the only member in this thread who is not playing in the ''who can make up the most outlandish and vile comments comments'' I commend you.

However he is distraught. Not only was he on Colbert, he was also on Bill Marr the other night. His demeanor on that show was even more pronounced. While the OP and others here think of the title word ''disturbed'' in a mentally skewed way, that word does fit the state of profound angst he expresses at our current political and social course.

As a live long political commentator going way back to Roger and Me he has attempted to present to his fellow Americans a large number of issues that he hoped, if presented in an entertaining manner, could help alter the direction of American social values.

He was a true liberal. At the heart of classic American liberalism is the notion that what is needed to make a better society is access to information. That the job of a liberal is to provide that information to those who base their views on reality from a more limited perspective so that they too might use that information to broaden their horizons and then help make America whole. To that end he made documentaries. To that end he has done his best to keep abreast of social trends and make them known through his films. He is no dummy and for the most part I have appreciated not only his work but his steadfastness in his concerns for all of our futures.

But now I must say that the hope for a better society he has always clung to seems, to my viewing of his last few interviews, to be crumbling and his concerns for a more nurturing society are in jeopardy. This is shaking his persona to the roots.

Like many who take upon themselves the role of Sisyphus and seek to roll the rock of progress back up the slope of entropy he has found that the hill was not a hill but rather a mountain and that the help he hoped would be engendered by his efforts has not come forth as hoped, he now seems to think that it is his own fault. That he did not do enough, that he somehow did not put enough passion into his calls for progress and that what he must now do is push harder. I believe he is freaking out as the America he has hoped for his whole life is washing away in the tides of mindless Trumpism.

<< 1    3  4 >>

join