It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Moore is Deeply Disturbed

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I was willing to ignore Jon's recent rant on Colbert's show because some how I still have a high level of respect for Jon regardless of how much I may disagree with his politics, however I cannot give the same courtesy to Micheal Moore or his recent interview on Colbert's show because he is clearly a highly unstable person inciting a civil war and putting forth ridiculous arguments that need to be countered. Here is the interview in question:

Perhaps the most bold statement he makes during the interview is when he says "The Republicans have only won once since 1988, in 2004 with Bush, that's the only time they've won the popular vote! The country we live in doesn't want the Republicans in the White House! They don't want them running the country! We're the majority! We're the majority!" and he says this with such glee like it must prove he's right, it's the only part of the interview where he doesn't seem dead inside.

There are a few points to be made here... first of all the founding fathers of the U.S. specifically designed the government not to operate as a pure democracy because it wasn't intended to be a government by mob rule, so they formed a Republic where the minority were also able to wield some power. A quick Google search reveals that in the entire history of U.S. presidents, more of them were Republican than Democrat, a small window of time is not statistically representative.

Why even bother having competing political parties if we already know what people want? Moore puts forth this attitude that the only righteous party is the Democrats and for anyone else to be in power is sacrilege, and if they do get into power then we should take extreme measures to remove them from power. OtherSideOfTheCoin recently made a thread titled "The Problem with the Left by a dirty leftist", perhaps the only thread of his I've ever given a S&F, in which he offers some harsh criticism:

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
The point here is quite simple, there are quite a lot of idiots on the “left” who quite clearly don’t quite understand the ideals of liberalism nor do they quite get that idea that in a democracy sometimes your side will lose.

I don't think one could hope to find a better example of such an idiot than Moore. The truly sad part is if you read some of the top rated comments under the video you can find such gems as "Michael Moore passionately loves America and the principles it was founded on.". I truly find it difficult to grasp how so-called intellectuals cannot see through the thin charade of this rambling blob-like creature.

At around the 3 minute mark he explains how "the resistance" should remain non-violent because it's wrong to hurt people over political differences, but then at the 6 minute mark he explicitly states "the only way that we're going to stop this is eventually we're all going to have to put our bodies on the line, you're gonna have to be willing to do this". He justifies this with what is possibly the most gross and blatant appeal to emotion that I've ever seen by milking the immigrant children issue for everything it's worth.

Admittedly I have yet to do any deep research into the issue but the truth is clearly being warped and slanted by the MSM to suite an agenda. It seems to me most or all of the legalities affecting families who try to illegally cross the U.S. borders have existed prior to Trump and he didn't sit there rubbing his hands together planning evil laws to hurt children, which is clearly the picture they're trying to paint. I've heard several times this claim "children are being housed in cages" but are those not simply temporary holding areas with mesh fencing?

Furthermore Trump actually signed an executive order to prevent these families being separated, but that still doesn't please leftists, now they say children are at more risk because they'll be placed into low security facilities with other "dangerous" illegal immigrants... which is ironic in it's own right but it also seems to me they've completely overlooked the fact that maybe some of these immigration laws exist in the first place to protect children. Of course it couldn't be that, must be that Trump is the devil as Moore remarks during the interview.

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa
So now, instead of separating kids from their parents, their just gonna detain women and children in (essentially) minimum security prisons, alongside potentially very dangerous and violent men.

Moore proceeds to tug at those heart string by asking Stephen whether he ever cries when he watches the news, "of course" Stephen replies... because apparently it happens to Moore every day now since the world is in such a bad state according to him. This is the same sad attitude I discuss in my thread A Wonderful World, in which I provide multiple different sources of information including an excellent TED talk showing how the world is actually improving overall in almost every measurable category.

To mope around acting like we're in the darkest times of human history is highly conceited and just plain illogical. Before wrapping this up, another great point I feel OtherSideOfTheCoin made in his recent thread was how leaders on the left lack likable personalities, how they tend to be "dull and boring". This is an exceptional point and it's why I'm saddened when I see what Colbert has become. I remember back in the day I loved watching him and Jon, Colbert had a professional clean cut appearance but also had an edgy and zany character, a clever form of satire.

He was parodying those who are completely dull and boring and take everything too seriously, and it was great... now when I watch his show I see someone who isn't just wearing that suit ironically, he couldn't be any more mainstream or straight edged if he tried, he is the voice of "the majority". Near the end of the interview Moore mentions how the U.S. is a "majority Christian country, if we actually started acting that way we will have a better country". So the majority are religious conservatives now? A true progressive surely wouldn't be fooled by such archaic fairy tales...
edit on 30/6/2018 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

+18 more 
posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Why does the Left listen to Michael Moore? He is a privileged white male yet they fawn all over him and make him richer every time he makes a film or book.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Do you think that's why his wife divorced him? Of course she did marry him-then the truth of hs illness became more apparrent.

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Keep the Civil War on the coasts. Come to fly over country and it will be over before they can retreat back. Just saying.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

i have nothing of value to add
i will say he looks the way i imagine a giant turtles penis would look

carry on

i never really card too much for him
i really dont have an opinion on his opinions cause he always comes off like a dick of sorts so i pay him no attention

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Moore predicted and literally explained the EXACT reason why Trump would win.
He also predicted how the US was in for a perpetual world of gun troubles and school shootings, and with his 9/11 movie also pointed out that the Bush administration was up to something.

This man is literally what most conspiracy theorist and right leaning people have been advocating. I wouldn't dismiss his claims so much to be honest. He has a lot of foresight to social issues in the states. He's not as dumb as people think.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Thanks for the shoutout lol!

The question though, is he disturbed, I don't think so, you might disagree with his politics but I would never call him disturbed.

Moore I find quite entertaining at times.

The question I guess you have to ask yourself is this, is he disturbed or is it just that you disagree with his politics?
edit on 30-6-2018 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Moore oh boy I’m sure glad he climbed out from his rock to save the nation, is this not the man that helped with at least one of those Democratic presidential elections by splitting the vote?
His neck literally makes me sick at my stomach.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   
He’s right about the electoral college though.
We wouldn’t be in this terrible mess we are in now if we based the outcome on the popular vote.

I mean, trees and acres and farm animals shouldn’t supersede actual humans.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein
We wouldn’t be in this terrible mess we are in now if we based the outcome on the popular vote.

The joys of not being a straight democracy do the words “Democratic Republic” mean anything to you?
But of course let’s get rid of that along with the 2A because they’re so outdated...
SMH

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Mob rule! Yeah!
We're the majority therefore we get what we want, right?
That's Democracy.
Mr. Moore, go pick your kids up at the border.
You've been neglecting them far too long.
Take them South and stay with them.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
The question though, is he disturbed, I don't think so, you might disagree with his politics but I would never call him disturbed.

Yes I think he is deeply disturbed just based on his mannerisms and the general outlook on reality he seems to have. Even one of the top rated comments senses this about him but they still manage to defend him and convince themselves he's a hero:

There is an uneasiness that lies in that man. In the sense that Michael is unnervingly screaming on the inside over everything that has been going on now and years past. The simplicity of it is that there's seldom a moment where he doesn't feel the pain of the people, it affects him on a personal level. He's been advocating the truth for years and he'll never stop hoping his wishes come to fruition. Careless of the pomp and circumstance that all social outlets adapted over the years, he just wants to get it done. He's a true modern day hero.

edit on 30/6/2018 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

We're the majority therefore we get what we want, right? That's Democracy.

thats how democracy goes 51% eat the other 49% so hooray

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein

The Electoral College IS solely based on the popular vote
A Democracy (mob rule) - 2 wolves and a sheep voting for what is for dinner
A Controlled Republic - Giving the sheep an equal vote.

This assists both sides.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Normally, I'd say he is just trying to sell his film, which 50% of him is... the other 50% is a staunch, delusional democrat.

Remember kids... it's all about the children.

***If you want to save A CHILD, please pay $15 for a ticket to my film, Fahrenheit 11/9***

***If you want to save TWO CHILDREN, please see my film a second time***

It's the only way!!!

If you don't go see my film in theaters, you obviously want Trump and Republicans to cage children ALL ALONE

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Or he's pointing out reality to those who are delusional to what is actually happening. It goes both ways, if you are hell bent on rooting for one 'side' than the other you'll believe anything that your champion will spout out of their mouth.

Moore is literally liberal to the bone, he's centrist and doesn't agree with far left or right ideologies. He's a documentary maker and has the public as his best interests, everyday people, not people who want to hoard all their wealth and success and would throw their neighbor under the bus to gain the upper hand.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Just another Mentally Disturbed Scumbag Progressive Liberal that has Lost Touch with Reality , and we should somehow Care what this Bloomin' IdJut has to Say about Anything Because ....................>?

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Michael Moore -
"Put our bodies on the line to stop Trump"
He has body enough for about 4 of us. I got 1st dibs on him taking my place.

Michael Moore
"We got to get less wimpy to stop Trump" -
Yet , "I cry every night Trump is President"

Michael Moore -
"I will surround the Capitol with 1 million people to stop the Trump SCOTUS nomination"
Yeah , you go first. That way you will be the first arrested. Our jail system is already crowded . However , in the name of money I am sure they can make room.

Michael Moore is completely irrelevant now. Just another loon trying to regain a small bit of popularity as he sees his "cash cow" drying up.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Oh you just happened to make a film?

LOL

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp
Just a male Mother Theresa with multiple multi-million dollar estates and a private jet. What a guy! Look at him opening a new refugee center in one of his unused mansions every day. Look at him providing sponsorship for these poor parents and their children. Maybe he can convince his buddies like Clooney and that lot to join him in those efforts to house and care for these folks in their seldom-used mansions around the world.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join