It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does the MSM or Rightwing Media push more propaganda stories???

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: rickymouse

Then put your money where your mouth is and let’s establish rules and set something up...

We can make a thread for that purpose. Establish a “council” to rule over things that are questionable..

Which side is pushing the most propaganda is an objectively knowable thing.

Our country has always pushed propaganda and done social conditioning. This new type of practice of party specific propaganda that they consider more important lately is not good for our society, anything that severely divides our people into political groups is a threat to our society, it is leading us to a disfunctional society. Neither party should be pushing this agenda. I see the USA falling apart in less than a decade if this practice is not fixed, neither Democrats or Republicans will win. Well, to be truthful, Most powerful countries do not last long throughout history, we have had a long run at it for a while, we are due to collapse sooner or later, becoming a shadow of what we now are.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 09:34 PM
link   

So you are afraid to put your money where your mouth is and find out???

If your right you can establish that on ATS once and for all.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 11:14 PM
link   

So you are afraid to put your money where your mouth is and find out???

If your right you can establish that on ATS once and for all.

As if anything we discuss here actually matters in this reality we live in. A reality that is controlled by certain individuals. All that dreaming up things gets you is frustrated. I do not see you stepping up to bat.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 06:07 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Micheal B Kelley is the author of the link you shared which is dated 2012. He is a Democrat. In this political poop storm, we are in I find it hard to see someone such as himself to be unbiased. It goes both ways. It is running rampant in our government from the top down. It didn't just start with the Trump administration. The bias in the media, as well as the government, is destroying this country. Me I work a lot so I watch the news when I get a chance. I do like watching the local news. Have a great Sunday !!

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Then it should be easily provable..

I think what’s gonna happen is the conservative site will have a plethora of propaganda stories while the left wing site has a couple of questionable stories.

That’s why the few studies done on the issue have found that conservatives know LESS than people who watch no media.. because they are constantly lied to, but they lap it up like candy..

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Tarzan the apeman.

Conservative media is the laughing stock of the worlds media sources..

They are a joke and everyone but hard core conservatives knows it..

Conservatives live in a fantasy land built on logical fallacies that anyone who ever took a debate class should see right threw.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   

You are entitled to your opinion as am I and others. If you don't like how one thinks why keep pushing a narrative. Move on. People aren't always going to see eye to eye. Like I said, it goes both ways with me.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Then it should be easily provable..

I think what’s gonna happen is the conservative site will have a plethora of propaganda stories while the left wing site has a couple of questionable stories.

That’s why the few studies done on the issue have found that conservatives know LESS than people who watch no media.. because they are constantly lied to, but they lap it up like candy..

Very true.

I started out as a Republican. I've been on both sides.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Haven't you learned from being here that those who do not believe as you do not accept real evidence you provide? They twist the evidence out of proportion to discredit what you say.

Oh yeah, maybe you do not realize you are doing it, generations of conditioning can make it so people do not even realize they are doing the same thing they condemn. I grew up questioning my perception and evaluating the track I was on, but when I became an adult I wanted to fit in. Once I got over fifty, I started to revert back and question my perception and self evaluated again and found that I was on the wrong track for years. The stuff I found out in my research almost made me nuts, I could not comprehend what I was finding out was real. I then decided to research alternate reasons that people learned to believe something that was not real in our society. Consensus of the time is all messed up, most people think they are normal yet they are constantly deceiving themselves and others on a daily basis, they do not even know what is real.

This is not new, it has been happening for thousands of years, societies and governments utilize social engineering of the people all the time, they employ chemistry to dumb people down so they cannot see what is really going on. They start pushing education and ability to remember things as a base of intellect, that is not wisdom, it is learned response.

Think about this, how much of what you believe and know is not real or pertinent, how much of what you believe in is not even sensible. I doped myself up with food chemistry and alcohol so I could dumb myself down to match others, when I gave up drinking, I increased the aged foods to accomplish the dumbing down to fit in, eating a lot more highly processed foods that accomplished this. I decided I wanted to be able to think clearly, after thirty years in a fog, I found the way, it got easier and easier to think properly and evaluate things when I got rid of those foods that doped me. Most people do the same as I did, they want to be passive, dampening their ability to think so they can fit in.

Returning back to being in the genius class is lonely, I must refrain from telling people the whole picture, they do not even realize what is going on, they cannot comprehend the whole picture. For societies to survive, people need to be dumbed down or calmed down, but too much or too little is dependent on epigentic factors, our ability to detox the monoamines or improper regulation may occur with mixed chemistries in our food supply or deficiencies in our minerals we consume.

I actually liked living in the dumbed down state, having many people as friends. But, those people are getting sick so I want to help them to be healthy again, by making them aware of what is causing their problem, not suggesting treating the symptoms.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   

A) you don’t know me.. and I don’t mean that in the smart @$$ way..

I was born and raised in MS with my favorite half of my family being crazy avid hunters..

My grandfather was a soybean farmer who worked every day of his life on his 100 acre farm by himself..

I am theleast emotional person you have ever met. I care only about the 1+1 of the situation and nothing for the emotional side..

BECAUSE FEELINGS ARE NOT REAL..

All of the right wing media narratives I can think of are based on logical fallacies.. arguments that are considered objectively false.. so much so that you lose points for using them in any regulated debate setting..

And these Conservative logical fallacies are not pushed by random college kids or internet commenters..... they are pushed by GOP elected officials and the biggest conservative talking heads on the planet..

For example : the last few years every conservative commentator has been pretending like the left started all the identity politics stuff....

American racial Identity politics didn’t start with abolition or the civil rights movement.. look at any paper of the time or before and the conservatives are race baiting white Americans to hate whatever group they point at..

It is objectively a fictional reality.. that is why 99% of all the scientists , teachers and college professors are liberals. Because they are selling emotional nonsense crafted to propagandize stupid people..

B) That’s exactly why we should establish a transparent way to test media sources..

If we can transparently prove one side tells bigger and more lies then the only people who don’t believe it are people being willfully ignorant..

I’ve thought about it some more and I actually think the best way might be to create a forum for propaganda stories and give each source its own thread with a ticker at the top.

From there people submit stories they think are fake or propaganda, and if it meets the criteria the ticket adds a point.

Therules for what constitutes propaganda are easy. We just use the age old list of logical fallacies that would be counted against you in ANY judged debate event.

Ad hominem, ad polonium, exc. exc. exc..

Whatever source has the highest ticker count is objectively pushing more propaganda..

Hell, I could write the code for a counter lol..

I bet it would be too easy for a mod to set it up.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Well the biggest problem is trying to understand that the average trumpkin isn’t intelligent enough to know they are being lied to. So you may as well just go talk to a tree, or a cat. Anyway here is your answer.

www.politifact.com...

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: soundguy

Not one rightwing person even remotely considered taking my challenge.. I think they all know what the result would actually be.. most of the propaganda is just too silly for people to actually believe.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join