Wouldn’t it be nice for someone to put their money where their mouth is concerning the “fake news” claims???
I have an idea for a fairly telling test/competition that I would like to attempt to do, but need help establishing the rules, opponent and platform
(hopefully some where on ATS).
1)Take one left wing and rightwing ATSer and either a panel of judges or maybe just thread to post the results.
2) Take the 2 primary news sources with political leanings.. the big boys to, not hack conspiracy sites... say Fox News and msnbc.
3) pick one week out of the calendar (the same week obviously..
4) then each ATSer scours that news sites THEY DO NOT AGREE WITH for OBJECTIVELY propaganda stories and we tabulate a score at the end.
Stories that are blantantly logical fallacies..
In fact logical fallacies might be the best judge of what is objectively fraudulent propaganda.
5) tabulate and discuss the results in a transparent fashion..
6) maybe repeat every week.. maybe it could become a contest with different competitors every week.
Might even go viral one of these weeks..
So what do y’all think???
Anyone especially mods want to help of can think up the best platform and way to do it??
I think it could be quite telling. Exactly how “fake “ a news site is , is objectively knowable and I think something like this could be a great
way to establish that.
If one side or the other rarely wins, or loses I guess depending on how you look at it.. then it is pretty obvious who is pushing more blantantly
edit on 30-6-2018 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)