It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you could do one thing over

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Pinocchio

Ummmm...your avatar.....its disturbing.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

You know the old saying...

"No good deed goes unpunished"

Well, there ya go!

ETA...and yeah, I know the very place! Good ol' Bendover Wendover!
edit on 7/1/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Pinocchio
I feel ya same thing with my little bun bun 3 months ago. Pet the little guy said good night put him in his hutch for the night. Woke next morning to feed him he never woke up. Miss the little guy so much we had a bond. Tear up just typing about it.

Peace.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Still. Every pet that has left us still hurts. They are family. Sorry about your pet-I've gone through that also many times-it never gets better-but the unknown of where your pets are is the the worst to me.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 03:11 AM
link   

My best mate fell off a cliff and died a couple of years ago, he got kicked out of the pub for being drunk and nobody got him in a taxi or walked him home, even his partner let him go.
I always walked him home, and will always be gutted I didn't go out that night...his last words to me on the Friday when we finished work was "Good gig on at the pub Saturday night" I didn't go but if I had he would still be alive 😦

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Jesus man....that is awful.a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Bad story isn't it, I'll always regret not going out that night, taken me a couple of years to get over it, but my mates who were out carry guilt that they didn't get him in a taxi. We've spoken about it obviously and I've said it was his own fault he went to watch sunrise on the cliff when he was drunk but we all know inside.
Took our life tribe 4 days to find his body because we didn't know where he had gone after the pub, but one good thing was we found him next to a skeleton which had been there for a few years, so anothe family had closure.
...it ain't pretty what seagulls do to a dead human, will always wish I went out that night, but hey, it is what it is.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Summer of 1961 I was 6 years old and traveling with my family on
a Greyhound bus in the south.We had stopped at a station just long
enough to eat.A pretty black lady,holding a baby,approached me and
asked if I would get a carton of milk for her baby and she would pay
for it.
I put the carton of milk on my tray and a family member told me to
put it back.I put it back and when we were leaving I saw the pretty
lady waiting in line to get that carton of milk.I really wish that I hadn't
put that carton of milk back.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

You didn't see him I hope...I would have nightmares over that.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

Yeah, thats what I was after. Not dismissing others posts!!!!! That was a small gesture that may or may not have made a difference...it would be insignificant to everybody but you.

Fellow Buckeye....O-H!

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   

I have nightmares

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Aww man...that is truly horrible. I can't imagine that....and don't want to.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 07:20 PM
link   

It is what it is mate x

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 07:47 PM
link   

There are a few missed fish I relive often. Having a 50 lb king salmon at the bank only to have the line break or the fish shake the hook is one of those "was I applying too much pressure, could I have netted it quicker, should I have played it longer?" type things. Same is true for every hunting shot I've missed.

For example, when I was 12 I was deer hunting with my Dad using a muzzleloader. I was a new muzzleloader shooter, had used rifles the previous 4 hunting seasons. We split up as we usually did, and a mile or two up the canyon from where we parked the truck I saw 6 bucks, with the front buck being an atypical 13 point (6x6 with a long oddball drop tine), a 12 point, 2 8s, and a pair of fork horns all heading up a saddle in a line. I belly crawled a couple hundred yards, then took the shot, about 70 yards and uphill maybe 40 degrees. I put the peep right on the top of the lead buck's back over his facing shoulder, full broadside... and the ball hit the dirt behind him. I forgot to aim lower for an uphil shot and missed the largest buck I've ever shot at.

Honestly, I don't have many regrets in this world. The ones I do have are minor inconveniences and learning moments, especially after reading some of the nightmares folks seem to live with.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Oh yeah....the one that got away....the animal version! I got buck fever in Montana with a massive mule deer. Of course nobody believed me.

a reply to: burdman30ott6

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Nothing. I've found parts of my life to be exhilirating; but I wouldn't want to change that or do it over again because a special memory has been created. I don't want to alter that memory in anyway.

I'm content with the memories I have and I'm happy with those exciting parts of my life. I'm not someone who likes to think back much, because whatever and however the events in my life occured, they've made me who I am today, and I don't want to change who I am, at all.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join