It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Families Belong Together - Illogical Nationwide Protests on June 30th 2018.

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Yep. Fraud is fraud, no matter who does it. But I don't think "admitting" is the correct word, since I never denied it.

Good! We agree.

Although one does not have to deny a thing to admit to it.

Once again you avoid the point. The adminstration has chosen to apply a zero tolerance policy to illegal crossing.

I thought you said last night that was their prerogative, and also that they cannot ignore laws. Did I misunderstand you?

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Is that what has been to those with asylum claims? Or were they separated, then prosecuted for illegal entry first? Before asylum was denied?

They were detained for illegally crossing the border. They were separated from their kids because we don't detain kids.

If we just started tossing the kids in jail. That would solve the whole problem about separation. How does that sound to you?

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

They were separated from their kids because we don't detain kids.
Correct. We warehouse them. Except that in a warehouse, you would probably know from whom the box came so that, when the time comes, the box can be returned.

edit on 6/30/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Did I misunderstand you?

Obviously. Because I've said nothing other than that the zero tolerance policy is... a policy.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   

We also turn them over to relatives if we can find them, and to foster homes if we can't. They don't have to wait for the hearing like the adults. The warehousing is a temporary solution only.

Would you be happier if we just held them in detention until their adults can get a hearing?

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   

No, that's not what you said last night.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   

No, that's not what you said last night.

Then by all means, show me.
It's easy, there's a "posts in thread" button.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

Would you be happier if we just held them in detention until their adults can get a hearing?

TheRedneck

Why has this question been asked several times and dodged? Seems like its being avoided. Hmmmm Strange.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: khnum

You must be on American soil to apply for asylum.

You may only apply for asylum if you are arriving in or already physically present in the United States. To apply for asylum in the United States, you may ask for asylum at a port-of-entry (airport, seaport, or border crossing), or, if you are already in the United States, you may file Form I-589, Application for Asylum and for Withholding of Removal, at the appropriate Service Center. You may apply for asylum regardless of your immigration status, whether you are here legally or illegally.
www.uscis.gov...

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 05:46 PM
link   

I would have been happier if the adminstration had had a plan before they implemented their zero tolerance policy. I think that keeping families together should have been a priority over prosecution for a misdemenor which results in time served and a $10 fine.

Family detention would be a far better solution, if humanely executed. And it seems that, a bit late, the administration realizes that.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 05:51 PM
link   

They had a plan. The plan was to scare the bejesus out of them so they'd go away.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

That was plan A.

Plan B was for congress to be so ashamed of what the administration did that they would "fix" it.

That didn't work either so the administration had come up with Plan C, to admit that the whole cluster# was because of their policy and use an EO (which wasn't necessary and Trump lied about, saying he couldn't do) to "fix" it. Except it really didn't.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

They had a plan. The plan was to scare the bejesus out of them so they'd go away.

If that was their plan they should have given you a chair and let you sit at the border lol

edit on 30-6-2018 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 06:01 PM
link   

there's a "posts in thread" button.

Different thread.

Oh! I see! You change positions between threads then. Sorry, didn't realize that was a thing. I got it now.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Barcode on the forehead would help the process.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Different thread.
Who said you were restricted to this thread?

You change positions between threads then.
False. I have always said that zero tolerance is a policy. Nothing more, nothing less.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: mikell
I wondered, last week, if they had chipped the children.

It seems not.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Legal immigrants must be pissed off right now.

The protests to open the borders to illegals is pretty pathetic.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Where were those consciences before the policy was implemented? Why do they have to be pilloried these days before they do the right thing? What are they gaining that's so great that they don't say boo to the guy?
I don't get it.
I saw kids reading letters to the children in detention and they had better sense of right and wrong.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   

I would have been happier if the adminstration had had a plan before they implemented their zero tolerance policy. I think that keeping families together should have been a priority over prosecution for a misdemenor which results in time served and a $10 fine.

Hmmm? No plan? Then where did this come from?

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Sillyolme

That was plan A.

Plan B was for congress to be so ashamed of what the administration did that they would "fix" it.

That didn't work either so the administration had come up with Plan C, to admit that the whole cluster# was because of their policy and use an EO (which wasn't necessary and Trump lied about, saying he couldn't do) to "fix" it. Except it really didn't.

Now I am confused. Changing positions on the same page of the same thread? Wow, you're good.

Family detention would be a far better solution, if humanely executed. And it seems that, a bit late, the administration realizes that.

Oh, so jail is now humane treatment for children? OK... how do some of the others on here feel about that?

TheRedneck

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join