It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Families Belong Together - Illogical Nationwide Protests on June 30th 2018.

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: yorkshirelad

I'm sorry that you read it that way and I should have worded it differently. The point I was trying to make is the mentality abound in the u.s. and anywhere that the demographics change so rapidly. People tend to get xenophobic when their perception is that their culture, language way of life is being challenged by an outside group.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: carewemust
Trump can stop it.

Well, he's trying. In the meantime they can stop breaking into the country illegally any time now, and bringing their children with them. That'd be great.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut

I'm sorry that you read it that way and I should have worded it differently. The point I was trying to make is the mentality abound in the u.s. and anywhere that the demographics change so rapidly. People tend to get xenophobic when their perception is that their culture, language way of life is being challenged by an outside group.

You mean illegal aliens that have no respect for our laws, sovereignty and culture? Gosh, why would we be worried?

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

Crossing the border to legitimately seek assylum is not illegal, especially while assylum seekers are being illegally turned away at the border check point, forcing desparate people to cross inbetween check points.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

its quite the opposite. trump himself said they are bringing crime, rapists, drugs, they are not sending their best...he said w a shrug of the shoulders "some of them are good"

He also never said "nothing but." Those were your words.

You know, you were born with a mouth that works the way you tell it to work. So was I. So was Trump. So was everyone else. I'm truly sorry you have this desire to work his mouth, but that's just not how things are in reality. In reality, one gets better results if they listen to what the speaker means rather than trying to decide if his words might be better if placed in a different order.

Trump said the exact same thing you did, using different words. He said there were criminals coming across the border... rapists and murderers. That is true. He also said he assumed some of those coming across were good people. Also true. Not one statement he made in that part of his speech was false. Every word can be proven.

That's your entire complaint, apparently... he didn't use the exact wording you would have. So why don't you run for President and you can speak the words you want to hear? Or is it just easier to listen to CNN and parrot what you heard on an internet conspiracy site?

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Not one statement he made in that part of his speech was false. Every word can be proven.

Heh. "In that part of his speech". Sly.

But was this in "that part?"

"When Mexico sends its people, they're not sending the best.
Is Mexico actually sending "those" people? You said it can be proven. Or are they coming on their own? And none of those who are being "sent", actually sent, are the best? No doctors are being "sent?" No scientists? Can you prove that?

edit on 6/30/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   

tell me what are the fears then? i mentioned the fears that i admit are understandably part of our human nature of being afraid of people different than us. the fear that their customs, culture, language will replace ours. understandable, and i never said nothing should be done about it. we should do everything in our power to maintain a balance so that we are not over run by any one group of "outsiders" i am fully aware of that and would love it if our leaders could stop acting like children and actually meet each other somewhere in the middle so we can actually try to solve the problem.

I will agree with most of that... maybe not the use of the term "fear," but pretty much everything else. I do not fear anyone coming in... I simply understand that an influx of people from different cultures with no means of self-support, who will then use our social safety nets, will overwhelm the system and our culture.

I like being an American. If someone else doesn't, that is their issue, not mine. I like the fact that we have those social safety nets... would be wonderful if we could use them for Americans instead of illegal immigrants. I like the fact that we have a society based on known and accepted laws (for the most part). It would be nice if everyone were subject to those laws, not just me.

That's not fear; that's reality and equality under the law.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   

would be wonderful if we could use them for Americans instead of illegal immigrants
We do. If illegal immigrants are using those safety nets they are doing so ... illegally.

It would be nice if everyone were subject to those laws, not just me.
Yeah! Let's round up those felonious pot smokers! Because smoke pot is a federal felony!

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

There are 9 consulates and one embassy in Mexico they should apply for asylum legally.
edit on 30-6-2018 by khnum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 05:16 PM
link   

If you enter through an approved port of entry, even without papers, you are not automatically held in detention until your hearing. The detention is for those who cross at locations that are not ports of entry.

Asylum requests do not wipe away illegal entry. Asylum, if granted, is a legal remedy against deportation. In the same vein murder is illegal, but self-defense is a legal remedy for murder. If I kill someone, I will likely be charged with murder and may be incarcerated. If I can prove in court that I acted in self-defense, the murder charge is dropped. I am not immune to the charges because I claimed self-defense; I can still be charged until that defense is proven in court. Likewise, if someone crosses the border illegally, they can be detained for illegally crossing the border. If they are granted asylum, they are not deported. If they cannot get asylum, they are deported. In the meantime, they may be detained.

It is also possible to ask for asylum at any US Embassy, including those in Mexico.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: khnum

There are 9 consulates and one embassy in Mexico they should apply for asylum legally.
One does not apply for asylum in an embassy.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 05:18 PM
link   

It is also possible to ask for asylum at any US Embassy, including those in Mexico.
Nope. You can, however, apply for refugee status at an embassy.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: WarriorMH

Go to Salvador, see how the US destroyed them and now they are looking for reasons to get back what they used to have.

Ah the sacar el pes del agua event of 1981 where the LOCAL Government down there killed about 1000 people within 3 days... I guess that is what you mean...

That is why the people are coming to America? OK...

Yes, as an example that's good one, the US government supported the Salvador government and even continued to help them for more than a decade after that killing

We know that if you go against the government you are terrorist or "guerilla" but that is just the point of view, in Syria they are freedom figthers because they are helping the US, in Salvador they were terrorists, both groups were doing the same thing. The US gave money arms and support to the government that killed those people, and that country's people do not forget

You see this is what i mean you only always know the part where you are not involved at all, but the reality is that it may not have happened at all otherwise, how do you know about that killing but don't know the US supported that government and gave all those guns and money and turned a blind eye to what was happening and continued to help the government knowing well what was happening? Why did you not mention those details when telling me about it? It is very easy to find like i did just be looking for a bit on the history anywhere
edit on 30-6-2018 by WarriorMH because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Is Mexico actually sending "those" people? You said it can be proven. Or are they coming on their own? And none of those who are being "sent", actually sent, are the best? No doctors are being "sent?" No scientists? Can you prove that?

Feel free to find me one example of a Mexican scientist or doctor who waded the Rio Grande to get in. Otherwise you are asking me to prove a negative.

As for who is sending them? I would say that by allowing the conditions in some areas of Mexico that are driving them here, Mexico is indeed sending them.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 05:23 PM
link   

We do. If illegal immigrants are using those safety nets they are doing so ... illegally.

So you are admitting they continue to break the law after the illegal crossing? Good, we agree them.

Yeah! Let's round up those felonious pot smokers! Because smoke pot is a federal felony!

Yeah, still waiting on Schumer. You think he's actually going to do something besides talk about it?

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Its a moot point to change a government you change society this can be done by
1.terrorism
2.war
3.economic disturbance and
4.IMMIGRATION.

Your never going to secure the border because its not a part of the plan.
But those musings have long left this place.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link   

So you are admitting they continue to break the law after the illegal crossing?
Yep. Fraud is fraud, no matter who does it. But I don't think "admitting" is the correct word, since I never denied it. But you sort of made it sound that they were getting those benefits legally.

Yeah, still waiting on Schumer. You think he's actually going to do something besides talk about it?
Once again you avoid the point. The adminstration has chosen to apply a zero tolerance policy to illegal crossing while choosing to not bust pot smokers.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Nope. You can, however, apply for refugee status at an embassy.

You can also be referred to DHS for further processing, and can receive protection that would be equivalent to a temporary form of asylum.

And you won't get separated from your kids.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   

And you won't get separated from your kids.

Is that what has been done to those with asylum claims? Or were they separated, then prosecuted for illegal entry first? Before asylum was denied?

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   

The "Irish quarter" in Manchester probably wouldn't be, had England been content with their own island. Are the Irish on the same "victim" level as the American Indian?
It's ignorant and uneducated to bring up pre-U.S.A. nations and tribes, as an excuse for neglecting the law of nature and boundaries. That excuse, only makes a valid point for defending current law and enforcing your national boundaries. Unless a nation wants to become an example of how to lose your "nation". Would you have modern America go the way of the Sioux? Or any other tribe that "pushed out" the tribes before them?
I'm of Irish descent and a little "Native American" (Sioux) blood as well. But I was born here. But I'm not Irish, I'm not Sioux, I'm an American. My "culture" is my Constitution and it's ideals.
Most of these infiltrators don't share "my native culture".
I don't see how my problem, is any different than any other historically conquered nations problem.
Fact is? I see the American Indian and Irish, as a people unable to defend their "nation" or "culture".
That being said? I wouldn't use them (as a conquered people), for any example for, "how not to be conquered"... That would just be ignorant. Makes for good emotional bs. But not good "educational", "learn from others mistakes" .. kind of knowledge.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join