It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trailer for our new film

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

That one is actually quite well done, very good in fact. There's still some reflections which is one of the hardest things to deal with, but overall it's pretty darn good. It's significantly better than the trailer in the OP, like a world away different!

I think you should do the sound on your trailer!

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: Lurker1

Childish, like most movies these days.

Would it be possible to see something you have created? Film or otherwise...

Later I will post up something not so childish. Your critique will be most welcome.

You put your product out there. I gave you my opinion as an older American.

The movie theatres in recent years have kneeled at the altar of Child. Animated crap, superhero supercrap.

I'm waiting for Hollywood to live up to its classic legacy. It is failing miserably and more interested in politics, PC, and pandering to the god, Child, than in telling a good story in a mature fashion.

Hollywood has shot its load. One only has to watch a commercial that young people think is funny. Creativity in entertainment is dead.

I'm lucky I was around for the greats and disappointed to see the death throes of their creation.

You can fix this. Start thinking about your ENTIRE potential audience. I love to see movies at the theatre, but there hasn't been anything of interest to me. I haven't been a child for decades.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
a reply to: Lurker1

As promised for Lurker1, something not so childish.

Can you imagine the party after this shoot with the belly dancers?

Camera on this one....

It's interesting that you mention activities beyond the actual film. The party?

Again, prostrate at the altar of Child. Life isn't about after-parties.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Fair enough. I just thought the trailer was too one dimensional. You see beginning and expect the end. Why watch the whole feature? A trailer should suck you in, compel you to see what happens (outside the trailer). I didn't feel that way.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

That's the movie industry. It's always appealing to a given audience and tastes are necessarily subjective.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

The music comes through very well and the vocals sound a little thin and almost overwhelmed. Saying that, I enjoyed having the music over the dialogue and like the track a lot. Buckethead no less. It didn't turn me off at all and I wouldn't object to better sound production either.

The trailer did enough to catch my interest and that's no easy thing with all the generic BS and reboots out there. I'd watch it as it is, but I'm naturally accommodating towards indie films. It's the big money movies that get short shrift* for getting it wrong. Indie films get to play around with conventions and subvert the formulaic.

Thanks, the indy world has embraced technology and film is now a new medium available to storytellers. I would like encourage everyone to join us. Use your phone camera and get an editing app and make your movie.
My primary focus is as a SAG/AFTRA actor and have been in over 100 feature movies both with a small part, background, musician or precision driver. Union proud, Union strong; and also have worked behind the camera with IATSE another entertainment union as locations, security, grip, and EPK/stills.
My crew and I also have a LLC production company shooting everything from corporate presentations to political TV spots as well as telling stories thru video.

The platforms to show your work grows larger everyday and opportunities to monetize your productions, no matter how small, is always a potential.

If you have a dream....live it.

Don't let the critics dissuade you because they are everywhere. No limits, No rules no excuses, record your life and everyone in it....

edit on 1-7-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Agreed on that front.

On a much more positive note, I genuinely applaud the OP for not having a lot of CGI effects.

I think CGI has done irreparable harm to the movie industry and I very much agree with many of Lurker's points (above). The industry has been dumbed down to all flash and no substance. In some ways it's almost like identity politics today...it doesn't matter "what" it is, it only matters "who" it is. They could dress Jennifer Lawrence up in a clown suit and have her yodel Beatle's hits for 90 minutes (in Chinese) and people would flock to see it by the millions just because it's "J-Law". Throw in some CGI effects and it would blow Star Wars out.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   

You've got the bug and the will to go for it.

Some people spend years before becoming an 'overnight success' and others just keep trying and following the dream. Be authentic and be cool.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

You've got the bug and the will to go for it.

Some people spend years before becoming an 'overnight success' and others just keep trying and following the dream. Be authentic and be cool.

Exactly...real artists are more focused on process...not product. Still, it's nice to be appreciated!!

(post by Lurker1 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 10:16 PM
link   

record your life and everyone in it....

This is the kind of narcissism that is so unappealing in the younger generation. You all think that what you do and think and who you are matters to the rest of the population. The guy two doors down doesn't give a rat's ass. Your "perceived" brilliance is confined to your subculture, just like every other subculture.

Narcissists are a dime a dozen on YT.

You asked if I create. I did, before I retired. I wrote institutional policy and procedure, which cannot be shared with the public. Even if I could share it I wouldn't. Some things should remain a mystery.

Entertainment has destroyed mystique. You should be in tears. There is no respectable way to resurrect it, especially with today's pathetic moral compass.

That's probably why kiddie movies are the target audience now. You get the nagging brat and the rudderless parent(s), two for one.

That's great until you expect the brat to grow up. We're having a bit of a problem with that, which is an entirely different thread.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Short Film we made for a documentary competition

edit on 2-7-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join