It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trailer for our new film

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Made this film early this spring...this is the teaser. Coming to a film festival near you....

edit on 29-6-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Just subscribed to watch later. Can't wait to see.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

A little too fast for me. I miss words when the talking is too fast, especially if someone has a different accent.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 02:59 AM
link   

I would definitely watch it if it was on Netflix or Sky. Looks good

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

I would definitely watch it if it was on Netflix or Sky. Looks good

Thanks, as of now the film is a 26 min. festival short. If we can get an executive producer; we can expand it into a feature.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

A little too fast for me. I miss words when the talking is too fast, especially if someone has a different accent.

I thought that was the music because at some points i didn't get it at all but the music was a bit loud and too fast, it got me distracted so I did not listen to the words

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Made this film early this spring...this is the teaser. Coming to a film festival near you....

When do you plan to release it? Will watch for sure

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: WarriorMH

originally posted by: rickymouse

I thought that was the music because at some points i didn't get it at all but the music was a bit loud and too fast, it got me distracted so I did not listen to the words

That is very possible what was going on with me too.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: WarriorMH

When do you plan to release it? Will watch for sure

The 26min festival version is being distributed thru festivals. We hope to get in some big ones like Sundance, SXSW and Cannes, get di$$$covered and make the feature.

The indy world is vibrant, exciting and competitive as hell. If you have a story to tell, join us!!! The technology is available to everyone.

www.celtx.com...

Another trailer we made, looking for funding to make the full length feature...

edit on 1-7-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Childish, like most movies these days.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lurker1

Childish, like most movies these days.

Would it be possible to see something you have created? Film or otherwise...

Later I will post up something not so childish. Your critique will be most welcome.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   

CAUTION - Constructive criticism ahead...

1. Music audio needs to be potted down at least 50%.

2. Music should be barely audible, if even audible at all, though most of the trailer

3. The music should fade out at the beginning and fade in at the end. The majority of the trailer should just be the voice audio. You want to draw the viewer "in" to the plot. The fading in of the music at the end signifies this is just a trailer, and the viewer will have to watch the movie to see the conclusion.

4. Too much other background noise (even without the music). Needs sound engineering, sounds like raw audio with no compression.

5. Video doesn't characterize the plot. It tells the viewer there is going to be violence, but not why. It doesn't compel the viewer to see the whole feature. I came away from the trailer thinking I'd seen the whole feature (the exact OPPOSITE message you want to send in a trailer).

6. The initial music should be different than the end. Draw the viewer in, then tell them they're going to have to watch the full feature at the end. Selected music 'might' be okay for the end, signifying there's a lot more to see, but it was all wrong for the beginning.

7. Music at the beginning should be intrigue. Only voice audio in the middle. Music at the end should build intensity. You don't want the viewer saying "Cool trailer", you want the viewer saying "I've HAVE to see this flick...RIGHT NOW!"

Bottom line, in my humble opinion, your soundtrack needs a lot of work if you want any production company to pick this up. Video is okay, but the soundtrack turns the viewer off completely.

Sorry, just an honest observation.

ETA - I'd also suggest better audio equipment, specifically mics. Sounds tinny and thin. Sounds like you're using a single mic when multiple mics are required. Plus, mics sound like they're omni's for everything when you need directional's for some things and omni's for others. Remember, audio is probably the single most important thing for holding the viewer's attention. You can have the best acting and visuals in the world, but lose the viewer with crappy audio. Equally, you can win a contract with marginal acting and great audio. Audio needs to be BOLD and crystal clear...crystal.

edit on 7/1/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

That's what I call constructive criticism. thanks! I'll tell the recordist and director. I was DP/locations

Could we see some of your work?

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Lurker1

As promised for Lurker1, something not so childish.

Can you imagine the party after this shoot with the belly dancers?

Camera on this one....

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   

I'll see if I can dig some up, it's been a while. Most of it is not in the right format (medium) to upload.

Oh, and one other thing to always remember, just to further underscore what I said above. ...

If you go to Hollywood and go to one of the big film studios, what do they call the place where they film TV Shows, Commercials and Feature length movies??

They call them "sound stages", and they call them this for a reason. That's how critical your audio is.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   

BTW...the audio (quality) is considerably better on that one. However, you can tell that track is probably 100% engineered and then laid into the video, so all the noise has been eliminated.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Here is a teaser that I did sound on. btw...we have 2 on netflix aws. By we, I mean projects I worked on. I'll show you my imdb page if you will show me yours.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Sorry to disappoint, but I don't have an imdb page, and I'm not in the movie business. I don't make amateur movies either. And I'm only indirectly in the sound business (now). I did work in the broadcasting world back in the 80's, also spent some time in the recording and sound reinforcement field. My ex-wife also worked heavily in the broadcast TV industry (both production and on-air talent) for many years. My profession is in systems engineering specifically electronics and one of our areas of responsibility is audio quality and intelligibility.

So, you've made a couple of 'I'll show you mine, if you show me yours' references now, and I'm not sure if that was a who can pee on the wall higher challenge or maybe just my interpretation, but hopefully my statements above answer your questions.

ETA - I could have sworn you asked for opinions in your OP. In re-reading I don't see that. If that was a misunderstanding on my part then I apologize offering an opinion where one wasn't requested. My apologies.

edit on 7/1/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Thanks for the feed back, I appreciate it.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   

The music comes through very well and the vocals sound a little thin and almost overwhelmed. Saying that, I enjoyed having the music over the dialogue and like the track a lot. Buckethead no less. It didn't turn me off at all and I wouldn't object to better sound production either.

The trailer did enough to catch my interest and that's no easy thing with all the generic BS and reboots out there. I'd watch it as it is, but I'm naturally accommodating towards indie films. It's the big money movies that get short shrift* for getting it wrong. Indie films get to play around with conventions and subvert the formulaic.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join