It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are American people so hung up on women having abortions ?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: DBCowboy

a reply to: Gryphon66

Now we're arguing WHEN it is acceptable to destroy the life of an individual human being.

Are we?

When does the fertilized egg become a human being? Which day?

I don't know.

It would be presumptive to assume anyone does.

Then it is not a matter of deciding when it's okay to murder a human, since you don't know when humanhood occurs, right?

Yet current US law has been presumptive and has made that determination.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Now we're arguing WHEN it is acceptable to destroy the life of an individual human being.

Are we?

When does the fertilized egg become a human being? Which day?

I don't know.

It would be presumptive to assume anyone does.

Then it is not a matter of deciding when it's okay to murder a human, since you don't know when humanhood occurs, right?

Yet current US law has been presumptive and has made that determination.

Indeed, so you're arguing for Roe v. Wade now?

EDIT: That seems snippy. Roe v. Wade does not allow for abortions after viability (well, as amended by a latter case).

States define the limit of viability.

If this is acceptable, I'm not sure what the hubbub is about, unless it's merely a philosophical exercise on the meaning of personhood or human being.
edit on 29-6-2018 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

link   

originally posted by: norhoc
a reply to: TiggersTheMan

Again you ignore the life that is inside the womb

Which doesn't exist without my body. Regardless, it isn't your business what I do with my body. If I offed myself tomorrow, you wouldn't care, but if I was pregnant and did it, you would? I doubt that too.

link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

That's not equal treatment under the law.

Natural law is not man's law. When men can find a way to carry a pregnancy to term, then you'll have equality.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: norhoc

I agree. A man who doesn't want a child shouldn't have to pay for one. But what does that have to do with a woman's right to choose abortion? You want to take away her choice because you don't have a good enough relationship with her to know you picked the wrong woman?

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phoenix
It seems to me - a big-time player back in 70's btw - that people act nowadays like the pregnancy was due some virus or something picked up at the grocery store randomly. It's something that happened to them without active participation and therefore consequences unforeseen and measures of extremis are employed to nullify the course of the affliction like a disease.

Bull freaking crap!

If you are to lazy, dumb, ignorant or as I've heard many times "caught up in the moment" doe's that justify killing a human life - how dare you do that for you moments of pleasure and abject ignorance of consequences.

Back in seventies I myself as an underage young person had no qualms about asking for and getting what was needed to prevent pregnancy when there was still stigma attached to the mere asking at a pharmacy - now every single Walmart, Dollar General and Convenience store has supplies on public display - WTH is the excuse!

You kill humans for your utter convenience and use abortion as a means of birth control - its sick!

I am not saying any of this from a religious belief but from an inherent belief in light/dark, right/wrong and definitely a humanistic angle.

Only exception I would entertain are incest, rape and mothers life and yes judicial intervention should be required.

Abortion is NOT birth control, its outright murder.

Exactly.

Pregnancy is a force of creation... not a disease to be "cured"...

Abortion is an abomination. It is a termination of life.

Convicted murderers sentenced to death, have more legal recourse than an unborn child.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Which "laws" prevent a person from "putting anything in their bodies" ?
Truly interested.

You're kidding, right? Take a look around the forum, it's a pretty hot topic. I'm sure you can figure it out.
Also, you misquoted.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 10:37 PM
link   

It's difficult to argue in the abstract when you become a parent. It's tough.

So with that, I will bid you good day, sir.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

That's not equal treatment under the law.

Natural law is not man's law. When men can find a way to carry a pregnancy to term, then you'll have equality.

When women can, on average, lift the same as the average man, avoid hormonal and biological differences that periodically reduce their productivity in the workplace, and can, again on average, jump into a problem with risk acceptance to quickly solve it versus taking the more female-typical risk adverse tact of talking the problem out and solve it more slowly, then you'll have gender equality. See what I did there?

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 10:40 PM
link   

a reply to: Phoenix

Are you also against war and the death penalty?

Nevermind. You do you and let others do them. We'll all be much happier.

Its not about happiness when you have state sanctioned murder for utter convenience. How many millions? bet surpasses Hitlers gas chambers by significant amount - yet you'd criticize the "final solution" but cheer "abortion" because you've convinced yourself these are not life the moment of conception - I beg to differ and so do many scientists.

Hitler and Henchmen thought Jews, Slavs and Gays were sub-human and needed elimination, just as many support abortion because the so-called fetus is believed to be sub-human also - I happen to believe thats abjectivily evil thinking that justifies immorality.
edit on 29-6-2018 by Phoenix because: add comment

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
During the Vietnam War, many soldiers got their girlfriends knocked up. Result, abortions. And this is Buddha country. Here in Asia, one goes to the hospital and has an abortion. No one really gives a flying shte. Why are Americans so hung up on others peoples personal lives. Crazy I tell ya.

Mostly because of religion, primarily Fundamental Christians (The Christian Right).

Ever heard of Dominionism?

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 10:57 PM
link   

See what I did there?

I see your false equivalency between a woman's autonomy over her own reproductive choices, and a social plea for equal pay for equal work. I also see that you fancy yourself as clever.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

I see your definition of "equality" is conveniently fluid.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Because conservatives believe it is morally wrong and we also would like liberals to pay for their own abortions.What will happen is some states will ban abortions and some will continue as always.I think a better idea is for liberals to stop forcing conservatives to pay for abortions.This would be respecting both sides freedoms.
edit on 29-6-2018 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

During the Vietnam War, many soldiers got their girlfriends knocked up. Result, abortions. And this is Buddha country. Here in Asia, one goes to the hospital and has an abortion. No one really gives a flying shte. Why are Americans so hung up on others peoples personal lives. Crazy I tell ya.

Mostly because of religion, primarily Fundamental Christians (The Christian Right).

Ever heard of Dominionism?

en.wikipedia.org...

No but I've heard of Amygdala and organ harvesting - might these have a promotional aspect on the subject?

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Life is an absolute miracle.

Destroying life is evil personified.

The fact that abortion is championed by the mainstream is utterly heartbreaking.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: Sookiechacha

I see your definition of "equality" is conveniently fluid.

I guess, if you think "equal pay for equal work" is fluid.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Phoenix

No but I've heard of Amygdala and organ harvesting - might these have a promotional aspect on the subject?

Obama reversed Bush's ban on fetal tissue research in 2009. Since that time, abortions stats are on the decline.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 11:19 PM
link   

It's about dominating women. The palaver is justification.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: madmac5150
Life is an absolute miracle.

Destroying life is evil personified.

I presume you have never killed a bug or insect? Why is the life of, let's say, a fly less important than human life?

Do you eat meat? If so, why are you okay with having your food "murdered" so you can eat meat? Humans can survive on a vegan diet, but most humans choose to eat meat, knowing their food is the product of sanctioned murder.

edit on 30-6-2018 by Incandescent because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join