It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are American people so hung up on women having abortions ?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: norhoc
a reply to: vonclod

Who decides what is right for the unborn child that cannot defend itself?

What's to decide? If you choose to kill the kid before he's born, or after he's born, there's no difference. Just don't do it.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Indeed, I can imagine they will open this can o worms.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I wonder what the dynamic of the conversation if we were talking about illegal immigrant abortions.

*ponders*

link   

Really? Since you brought up science, how come if scientists found a single cell organism on another planet it would be exclaimed that life was found on another planet, but the same standard is not held here on earth?

link   

originally posted by: vonclod

Indeed, I can imagine they will open this can o worms.

The only way it can be done they way they want is to declare that a woman's body is not her own.

Of course, many wouldn't have an issue with that.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

That is the point I am arguing, I agree with you

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: norhoc

Really? Since you brought up science, how come if scientists found a single cell organism on another planet it would be exclaimed that life was found on another planet, but the same standard is not held here on earth?

You seem to be confusing life and a human person.

Next?

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
I wonder what the dynamic of the conversation if we were talking about illegal immigrant abortions.

*ponders*

Oh, they have to be born, but what you do with them after that is whatever is most convenient.

link   

Alright then... explain how 38 US states have fetal homicide laws which allow charging an attacker whose attack causes a miscarriage with the additional crime of deadly assault against the unborn baby? These laws have withstood SCOTUS challenges, so yes, there is legal precedent for defining a fetus as a human being.

link   

a woman's body is her own, but there is another life involved and that is the unborn child, you pro choice people like to conveniently ignore that.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: norhoc

It is not about the "right to be a parent" the government certainly has a right and an obligation to tell its citizens they can not murder.

Actually, no they can't. Government can only punish people for committing murder, after Due Process. Secondly, abortion isn't murder, in legal terms.

edit on 29-6-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

see the post above from burdman. why if someone kills a pregnant woman and her unborn child or just does something to her that causes the unborn child to die do they get charged with infanticide?

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 10:12 PM
link   

That's where we disagree.

I consider an unborn child an individual human being.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I'm an atheist but am pro life. I look at my child and nearly tear up at the thought of her not ever existing. I used to be pro choice until I came across the abortion/killing an unborn child paradox. In which, if a person kills a pregnant woman, does the mother and unborn child both deserve justice?

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

And "opt out" like that isn't really an option out, is it?

Why not? A donation is a donation. That is, unless your donation starts costing tax payers.

As for the rest of your post, "buyer beware". Men are also responsible for choosing the right partner. If you can't convince your woman why having a family with you is great, then you picked the wrong woman.

link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Alright then... explain how 38 US states have fetal homicide laws which allow charging an attacker whose attack causes a miscarriage with the additional crime of deadly assault against the unborn baby? These laws have withstood SCOTUS challenges, so yes, there is legal precedent for defining a fetus as a human being.

Because legal structures have defined an act of violence against the mother as also against the "child in utero" but specifically exclude legal abortion from that definition.

I've never claimed the law always makes sense.

link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

You are using semantics now. The government tells you you can not murder and yes , they punish you if you break that rule

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 10:15 PM
link   

weak argument

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 10:16 PM
link   
It's bad enough there are laws telling me what I can't put in my body, I don't need any more laws dictating what I can and can't do with my body. It's my body, my life, and I'll do whatever I want with it, just as I always have.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

That's where we disagree.

I consider an unborn child an individual human being.

Actually, we don't disagree ... I consider a zygote/embryo/fetus/baby an individual being as well, but that is MY belief, and I don't have the right to enforce that belief on others.

Further, there are times when abortion is a necessary medical procedure. Do we really want to define those instances as murder?

Do we want to define a miscarriage as manslaughter?
edit on 29-6-2018 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join