It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are American people so hung up on women having abortions ?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Risks... my wife has carried two to term, as have billions of women successfully over the centuries.

I am required by law to report for jury duty when summoned. I could be hit by a car, fall down a flight of stairs, contract a deadly virus, miss out on catching the largest fish of my life, miss an important contract opportunity, be hit on the head by ice falling off the courthouse, or any other number of tragedies befall me due to that legal mandate... yet the fact remains that I am required to follow the law's requirement despite those risks. What I'm suggesting here is far from precedent setting where many other issues are concerned in this country.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I think I don't know what your definition of SWAG is compared to mine! (Stuff we all got)

Going along with those figures, it's mind boggling how this country can stand but I guess that's a debate for another time.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: norhoc

I vehemently disagree I am not authoritarian at all. I just believe murder should not be legal and believe abortion is murdering an unborn child. I find it funny that you think I am authoritarian because I believe murder is wrong. It is the left liberal thinking person that is authoritarian that everyone has to believe like them, witnessed by this 2 year temper tantrum and shouting down of anyone that disagrees with them we have been seeing.

You're not authoritarian because you believe murder is wrong. You are authoritarian because you believe that you get to define murder in opposition to historical practice, religious beliefs and the laws of this country.

"Left liberal thinking person" is a mindless generalization that you've been fed by the extremist media to tag those who threaten your precarious world-view.

The only petulance I see here is from those who want to tell others how to live their lives.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: odzeandennz

a reply to: musicismagic

Some of us consider the unborn child an individual. A human being.

And murder is distasteful to most.

if they shoot the would be father, it would be like commiting mass murder, because of the sperm you know.
some of us consider sperm as individuals

Then you're not very smart.

You should read up on haploid cells.

Science.

that's why I almost didn't tweet it.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

I think I don't know what your definition of SWAG is compared to mine! (Stuff we all got)

Going along with those figures, it's mind boggling how this country can stand but I guess that's a debate for another time.

Sophisticated Wild Ass Guess.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
And for all you right wing zealots, think of it this way. Every abortion is one less Democrat vote down the road.

You're actually investing in America's future when you support abortion.

Your lack of empathy is showing...
Put yourself in these shoes.
You get your girlfriend pregnant.
She wants an abortion.
You don't.
Guess who ultimately decides the babies fate.
Not you the male. Because that would be oppressive and wrong.
**** 3rd wave feminism...

link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: Sookiechacha

The financial side of it already is up to the government... what difference does placing the rest of it with them make, seriously?

Seriously! You don't see? I thought you conservatives were for small government! Now, you want the government to determine who has the right to not be a parent, and force a woman to carry a pregnancy that she doesn't want!

As I understand, in the USA a man can legally opt out of parenthood during a woman's pregnancy, that is until that women applies for public assistance. Then, he's on the hook. The government is only involved in paternity where social welfare is concerned, or when invited where there is some paternity question.

link   

It is simply saying do not murder, I guess that is your definition of telling someone how to live their life?

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Well, the law has spoken on abortion..it's legal.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 09:57 PM
link   

It is simply saying do not murder, I guess that is your definition of telling someone how to live their life?

When you want to define the abortion as murder, yes, you're trying to enforce your personal beliefs on everyone.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 09:58 PM
link   

It is not about the "right to be a parent" the government certainly has a right and an obligation to tell its citizens they can not murder. Whether you are for small or big government it think everyone can agree the government should have that right and obligation

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 09:59 PM
link   

And no the man can't opt out, the courts tell him he has a financial responsibility to support the child and will take his freedom from him if he does not and put him in jail.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Well, the law has spoken on abortion..it's legal.

I will be interested, and likely saddened, to see how the new regime will try to reverse the Fourteenth Amendment.

Because that's what will have to happen, that, or declaring a zygote a human being, which has a whole host of unintended consequences.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 10:00 PM
link   

It is murder, that is a fact. There is a life in the womb, and when you abort it you end that life IE murder

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 10:01 PM
link   

So murder is okay if it's;

War
Defending your life
Or an unborn baby.

Other than that though?

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

It just dawned on me why religious fundys like you are against abortion...

Its because if kids aren't born, there won't be any for your priests to rape.

edit on 29/6/18 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 10:02 PM
link   

And no the man can't opt out, the courts tell him he has a financial responsibility to support the child and will take his freedom from him if he does not and put him in jail.

Which you of course support completely, being a person that believes that every zygote is a full human with all legal rights? Even though it is a medical fact that women's bodies naturally purge between 30 and 50% of all pregnancies naturally?

Surely you believe in the father providing financial support for at least 18 years for that zygote-person, right?
edit on 29-6-2018 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 10:02 PM
link   

And "opt out" like that isn't really an option out, is it?

Look, I don't have an issue with father's being legally required to pay for their offspring... what I do have a problem with is the lack of uniformity in the decision making process and responsibility expectations leading up to that. The man is left with 0% of the decision and 50% +/- of the risk all for the reward of a single fun night IN A COUNTRY WHERE PROSTITUTION IS ILLEGAL!!! I mean come the hell on already! That's not a consistent application of the law.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

pretty pathetic post, but, typical lefty, if you don't agree marginalize and besmirch.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 10:04 PM
link   

So murder is okay if it's;

War
Defending your life
Or an unborn baby.

Other than that though?

Murder is never okay.

Killing someone in self-defense is not murder.

Defining a zygote/embryo/fetus automatically as a human being is absurd and not based in science, legal precedent, history or, shocker, most religions.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join