It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are American people so hung up on women having abortions ?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Agreed, I have always hated that argument that it is only up to the woman. I know ultimately it is her choice. If she can choose on her own that she can kill it, than shouldn't the man be able to say he doesn't want it and not be held financially responsible? Can't that be his form of abortion? his " choice"?

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 09:30 PM
link   
It is and should be a personal matter. Those who believe that abortion is murder don't have to have abortions.

Those who believe that sometimes difficult choices have to be made in the real world should have the right to make those choices.

I've suddenly realized that there really are only two kinds of people: those who are glad to live and let live, and those who live to control others.

Two of the biggest hot button issues (as shoved under our fingernails by the extremist media) are abortion and same sex marriage.

Both have a very simple answer, if it is against your religion don't do it.

That's where all rights begin and end ... in our own bodies and with our own life.
edit on 29-6-2018 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Summed up as well as it can be.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: norhoc

He is not carrying it for 9 months, not his choice. Like I said, I'm not for it, but I do not believe it's my choice ultimately.

A father may not be carrying it for 9 months, but the legal system in America will make sure he pays for that child for 18 years at least. So, I do believe if a father wishes to have the child and actually take on the custody and raising of the child...he should most definitely have a say in it.

Unfortunately, many women who get abortions have no idea for sure who the daddy is since they had multiple partners. Just easier to get abortion than become known that they were irresponsible sluts. Sounds horrible, I know. I have no problem with women being slutty (equality and all of that...go girls) only if they take precautions...irresponsible sluts....are irresponsible. seriously, there is a morning after pill! Especially...if you are a victim of rape!

I am sure there are a minority that have health issues or complications of the child during pregnancy ... That is medically viable. There are some who are actually married and oops! They think another baby will thwart all of their preconceived plans. Seriously?

Aaugh! Abortion is a crazy issue. I can not help but believe your freedom of choice is at the point you decide to have sexual relations with another being. You have many choices within the next 24 hours to decide if you want a baby or not.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

It seems to me the most equitable solution (and legal) would be to defend the life of the unborn from the beginning and require a judicial approval, in absence of parental consensus, when the woman desires an abortion. Then look into the overall system itself and reach some form of balance.

In cases of rape or assault, if charges are filed this judicial situation can be entirely skipped and the choice would be only the woman's. In cases where the woman chooses to carry the baby to term, obviously financial support from the male is needed or it falls to the tax payers, BUT what about the opposite? In a case where the man committed no assault and wants his child born? In most theaters of the American legal system, we mandate financial restitution be paid to a wronged party. Make the woman who insists on aborting despite the fathers wishes pay a restitution to the father. It's not going to save an innocent life, but the same can be said for any other wrongful death civil case, ya?

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Then why not continue down that path and say if you don't believe in murder then don't kill someone, but if you believe difficult choices have to made in the real world then go ahead and kill that person you believe does not deserve to live?

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

The financial side of it already is up to the government... what difference does placing the rest of it with them make, seriously?

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: norhoc

Then why not continue down that path and say if you don't believe in murder then don't kill someone, but if you believe difficult choices have to made in the real world then go ahead and kill that person you believe does not deserve to live?

Because I believe that killing other human beings except in the instance of self-defense is wrong.

I would hope that the decision to kill another person would be a very, very difficult choice.

Is there another point you'd like to make?

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

Aaugh! Abortion is a crazy issue. I can not help but believe your freedom of choice is at the point you decide to have sexual relations with another being. You have many choices within the next 24 hours to decide if you want a baby or not.

I'm all for the morning after pill.
And yes. it's a very polarising subject, sometimes there are no satisfactory answers to these questions.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

In most theaters of the American legal system, we mandate financial restitution be paid to a wronged party.
True, when damages can be demonstrated.

It's not going to save an innocent life, but the same can be said for any other wrongful death civil case, ya?
A full term pregnancy carries significant health risks. I have a hard time thinking that a woman should be penalized for not being willing to taking those risks. If the mother dies during pregnancy or childbirth? Then what? Who pays who?

edit on 6/29/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Obviously you don't believe that if you are ok with killing a defenseless unborn child

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
It is and should be a personal matter. Those who believe that abortion is murder don't have to have abortions.

Those who believe that sometimes difficult choices have to be made in the real world should have the right to make those choices.

I've suddenly realized that there really are only two kinds of people: those who are glad to live and let live, and those who live to control others.

Two of the biggest hot button issues (as shoved under our fingernails by the extremist media) are abortion and same sex marriage.

Both have a very simple answer, if it is against your religion don't do it.

That's where all rights begin and end ... in our own bodies and with our own life.

Great insight into the crux of the matter.

A question gathered from the bold section; why does it seem like the latter always has the most power in society throughout history?

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Because those who "like to live and let live" like to be controlled and can't think for themselves.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Obviously you don't believe that if you are ok with killing a defenseless unborn child

In fact, the only thing that is obvious here is that it's not enough for you to be able to make the decision against abortion for yourself in line with your beliefs, you need to control everyone else's actions to be in line with your beliefs.

You're a core authoritarian. Yes, you and I are at opposite ends of the spectrum.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Because very few specifically 'American' men have abortions?

edit on 29/6/2018 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Because those who "like to live and let live" like to be controlled and can't think for themselves.

Based on...?

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Very generally, because all govenrment is authoritarian. The reason why "libertarian paradises" are not workable is because a good portion of humanity falls into the category of being authoritarian or serving authortarians (two sides of the same coin.)

Probably 5% of people are natural leaders, 15% can lead or follow and 80% are followers.

I would guess (in general again) that those who can lead or follow comprise most of the "live and let live" people.

These are SWAGs of course.

What do you think?

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 09:49 PM
link   

I vehemently disagree I am not authoritarian at all. I just believe murder should not be legal and believe abortion is murdering an unborn child. I find it funny that you think I am authoritarian because I believe murder is wrong. It is the left liberal thinking person that is authoritarian that everyone has to believe like them, witnessed by this 2 year temper tantrum and shouting down of anyone that disagrees with them we have been seeing.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Baseless insults are merely a passive/agressive attempt to control.

/shrug

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 09:51 PM
link   

that was not an insult, it was an observation, if they did not want to be led they would not follow.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join