It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are American people so hung up on women having abortions ?

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

look, weather you want to acknowledge it or not, a pregnancy does place extra stress on a women's body. how much stress might vary from women to women, but every pregnancy does produce some negative side effects. in this way it is different than a comatose patient since if the caregiver of that patient decides that the stress of caring for them is too great, another can step in and replace them!! so, it's not really a good comparison.
in order to adequately decide weather women is justified in aborting a pregnancy, one would have to determine just what the negative side effects of the pregnancy are along with how badly they are interfering with her ability to those normal every day things that we all take for granted... and decide, what is too much to expect from her. then we would also have to consider the prognosis for the fetus she is carrying since, well, what might be a sane thing to expect her to be "inconvenienced" with if there's a 95% chance of a healthy baby being born just might be an insane expectation if it's more like a 95% chance that the baby will be lost before it reaches the end of the pregnancy.
only, there's this little thing that we all seem to value a great deal called privacy, even when it comes to our health records! none of us would really enjoy having our privacy intruded on to the extent that would be required to verify weather those side effects any particular women may be experiencing merited an abortion!

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 02:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: eletheia

A 1 year old can't live independently.

Now your'e being obtuse .... I really dont think anyone mentioned

a toddler, the thread is concerning *abortion*?

Perhaps the word I used should have been exist rather than live?

A one year old is not relying on someone else to breathe for them, as

they do in vitro.

A person in a coma can't live independently.

Are they really living? or merely existing .......

Again their very existence depends on others?

Is that really living.

So if I kill them it's fine, right?

Well if either of them is anything to do with you it is your decision,

they are not in any position to make it.

Does existing equal living?

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 06:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
a reply to: musicismagic

Because America is full of sexually repressed control freaks.

We cry about abortions but have no problem sending our sons and daughters out to die in unjust wars, or see them end up as trafficked sex slaves, or abused in a negligent at best foster care system.

It really doesn't make any sense.

Especially when the predominant argument against it is an invisible man who lives in the sky and loves everyone, but he needs lots of money and if you don't give it to him you'll burn for ever and ever in hell. But he loves you.

It's a sick sad world we live in.

To add these are the same people that will arm-chair whine about abortions, but when it comes time to adopted, or even remotely care for those unaborted children in the world, silence, deafness, and their lifestyles would never accommodate the extra children that were not aborted.

Hypocrisy at it's highest.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 06:39 AM
link   
"Children are a gift from God.."
as long as we don't want to pay for yours!!! right???

bossip.com...

anyone else noticing how there is all this talk against her, but not much more than a peep about the husband, who it sounds like at least sired a few of the younger kids. or any of the other fathers who may have donated sperm for her child factory, although five of the 17 kids aren't living with her so it's possible that a father or maybe a few fathers decided that they were responsible enough to get their kids out of that kind of nightmare!!

sorry, but sometimes I run into a news story that is just so far out and unbelievable that I just have to share it, and this is today's.

edit on 2-7-2018 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-7-2018 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 08:28 AM
link   
lol.

Why are Americans so hung up on "women" having abortions.

"women"

Who the hell else would have one? You add the word "women" like that has something to do with it.

It's killing babies. Nobody should be FOR ending life.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

I think "women" refers to "women's choice", as opposed to women getting abortions after obtaining permission from men.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Because they're murdering children and taking away their right to live, most of the time because they just don't want the responsibility. A right that is NOT afforded to men. We have to deal with the responsibility under the gun of the law...even if we're not ready. Women claim to have less rights than men, well this is a right, as well as Affirmative Action, that men do not have. So, equality is really in the favor of women if you don't listen to the lies and just look at reality.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: IlluminatiTechnician

Because they're murdering children and taking away their right to live, most of the time because they just don't want the responsibility. A right that is NOT afforded to men. We have to deal with the responsibility under the gun of the law...even if we're not ready. Women claim to have less rights than men, well this is a right, as well as Affirmative Action, that men do not have. So, equality is really in the favor of women if you don't listen to the lies and just look at reality.

^^^^When men get pregnant^^^^ They are welcome to the same

equality on the subject as women.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Why are American people so hung up on women having abortions ?

Why are so many people hung up on me owning an assault weapon?

When it comes to civil liberty makes no damn difference between a womb closet or a gun closet.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

If women don’t want to get pregnant, then don’t engage in actives that result in men fertilizing eggs? Sad, but the trend seems men are turning to sex robots because they don’t need the hassle?

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux

If women don’t want to get pregnant, then don’t engage in actives that result in men fertilizing eggs? Sad, but the trend seems men are turning to sex robots because they don’t need the hassle?

Women; know your place!

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: bastion

Concerning cases of consensual sex, just saying it takes a contribution from a man for the act to result in pregnancy? Is that false?

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: bastion

Let’s put it this way. The USA had around 600,000 abortions in 2014. Imagine the outrage if 600,000 baby seals were killed by humankind in 2014. Would there be talk about the rape of nature and Mother Earth?

Anyway, except for the morning after pill, cases of rape, and when the mother and unborn child’s lifes are at risk, I think there are more humane forms of birth control than abortion? Is it false there are more progressive forms of birth control that are much more humane than Abortion? Abortion dates back at least 2,000 years plus? Should we still use horses to turn machines? Use animal fur for clothes? But the left is focused on the most brutal form of birth control, and if practiced against any other species whould be labeled rape of the natural world?
edit on 2-7-2018 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I dunno we kill millions of bacteria with a couple of drops of bleach and no one cares.

It's not ideal but condoms and the pill aren't 100% effective. Unless you're advocating abstinence only or often irreversible tube tying (which can come with risks)?

Wheels were invented hundreds of thousands of years ago, still effective today. Until week 26 there's no CNS present to sense any form of awareness or send pain signals etc...its only after this point where a foetus develops potential to be affected by it any more than the morning after pill (other than end of life obvs, which it wouldn't be aware of).

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: madmac5150

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: norhoc

Would you use the same argument if the mother decided her 1 day old infant should not live and killed it? Still her "choice"?

That's a false equivalent.

No, it isn't.

The only difference between an infant one day before birth, and an infant one day after? Location.

Slow down for a sec, you sure about that? There are other differences other than location, but what does that matter right?

Right or wrong is a topic on it's own, but I am only pointing out that there are other differences than just location.

Babies in the womb are 100% dependent on their mother to live and babies don't take their first breath of oxygen until they are born. These details alone make you statement false.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Make Paternity DNA testing and support of child mandatory per Federal Law.

Enough! With women being 100% responsible - - when it comes to enjoying sex - - and the sometimes result of that act.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Make Paternity DNA testing and support of child mandatory per Federal Law.

Enough! With women being 100% responsible - - when it comes to enjoying sex - - and the sometimes result of that act.

The act is enjoyable to ensure the continuation of the species? The biology act of sex is to continue the species? Is there not less barbaric ways than abortion for birth control? There are not more progressive and less evasive forms of birth control? You would enjoy sex if every act of intercourse resulted in an unwanted pregnancy and an abortion? That seems very unpleasant? I think it takes a male donor and female donor to create a fetal egg?
edit on 2-7-2018 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Let’s put it this way. The USA had around 600,000 abortions in 2014. Imagine the outrage if 600,000 baby seals were killed by humankind in 2014. Would there be talk about the rape of nature and Mother Earth?

And if you include other countries ......x 10 years Imagine the population

explosion, no room for immigrants?

I think there are more humane forms of birth control than abortion? Is it false there are more progressive forms of birth control that are much more humane than Abortion? Abortion dates back at least 2,000 years plus? Should we still use horses to turn machines? Use animal fur for clothes? But the left is focused on the most brutal form of birth control, and if practiced against any other species whould be labeled rape of the natural world?

At least they are no longer having to use twigs, crochet hooks or knitting needles.

edit on 2-7-2018 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   

It takes two to Tango?

But it has been my experience over four generations of women that men

presurise women for sex far more than the other way around?

Good luck with your sex robot and emotionless sex your welcome to it.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   

So you're saying if my wisely chosen tubal ligation (I'm spayed, bro) to prevent future pregnancies ever fails and my husband's swimmers make it through that much scar tissue, we shouldn't have done anything spousal in the first place and we're stuck with a kid we don't want & I did all the right medical intervention things to try to prevent to begin with?

That's not how it works, buddy. S# happens, and when preventative measures fail, I can fall back on abortion if I want to. My husband's input is welcome, but he knows damn well there's no point in going through with a pregnancy of a third child I DO NOT WANT. I'm well past procreation urges, I can tell you right now that it's neither appealing nor would I ever look at another pregnancy with anything other than disdain and resentment. Just because someone else thinks being a conveyor belt brood mare is wonderful does not mean all of us do.

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25 >>

join