It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are American people so hung up on women having abortions ?

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

trump was given a list of acceptable nominees from the federalist society. he doesn't have to ask any of them about their view on roe v. wade because the federalist society has already vetted them to ensure that they met their standards... which includes a negative position when it comes to abortion.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Thank you.

Yes, I am Very Pro LIVING CHILDREN -- and have been almost forever.

Physical reasons keep me from doing more.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

His sister, a federal judge who sits on the 9th Circuit Court, probably has his ear too.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

So ending a life is ok with you in those circumstances. I don't condone murder, sorry.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Then you're the exception my cousin had a spontaneous abortion, is a pro choice liberal, and is depressed and devastated.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   
of course, it's possible that if he can find someone to appoint who will be willing rule in his favor on any issues that might come up in regard to his possible legal/russia/money laundering/whatever charges, mueller problems...
well he might not care about their position on anything else...

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 06:41 PM
link   

How many live on your porch? What about the ones who are stuck, you have no heart for them, they don't matter?

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

Most grieve a lot. Would you tell them to stop because it was just a little nothing?

Regardless of feelings I have posted scientific facts. It's a unique separate human life. Anything else is arbitrary.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

A 1 year old can't live independently. A person in a coma can't live independently.

So if I kill them it's fine, right?

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

So when medical technology increases to the point a 1 day old fertilized egg can be brought to terms outside a womb it's now alive ... Because technology?

At one point comatose people who need machines to stay alive would have died. Only technology keeps them alive now. So your arbitrary assigned requirements mean whether you are human depends on what year you are born.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Which has what to do with whether it's a human. More emotional arbitrary answers.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Arbitrary. It's human, it's alive, but it's not a person because I don't want it to be. Stick to facts.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Factually speaking they are alive. It's not debatable. If you think otherwise you just want to be wrong.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Lots of things are alive. It's not a person, yet, because it's not autonomous. It's an inviable life.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: fredrodgers1960

"They are to be commended. "

CONGRATS!! You just ended the life of another human, AWESOME, HIGH FIVE!! WOOHOO!!!

Said no moral person on this or any other planet.

Fred..

Exactly how many unwanted kids have you put your money where you mouth is and adopted?

Before you belittle, take stock of how you're helping those people straddling the abortion line out. Have you ever done anything other than spout off? No? Then instead of getting s#ty about abortions, MAN UP AND ADOPT THE EXISTING UNWANTED ONES. You know, that "lead by example" thing. You cannot tell people to birth kids they don't want if you're not willing to take them yourselves. All that makes you is a loudmouth hypocrite no one will give a second glance at.

Let me stop you right there. Do you know how incredibly difficult and expensive it is to adopt? I do.

As a single male, I was looked at as a pedophile because I wanted to adopt a child on my own.

The questions I was asked! I nearly got up and left the room! It was offensive, and belittling. All because I cannot father a child, and neither of my ex wives stuck around long enough for us to adopt, I'm viewed as a pervert.

The thing is, I wanted a boy, and they looked at me WORSE because I wanted to raise a boy instead of a girl.

Abortion laws are discriminatory.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 07:10 PM
link   

I imagine how a person reacts to spontaneous abortion/miscarriages would vary depending on a few factors, not the least of which would be the age of the fetus..
there's many women walking around who have had an early miscarriage and never even realized it, because it was before they even knew they were pregnant.. you don't expect them to have the same reaction as someone who lost their baby at the 20 week mark, do you?
it seems reasonable to assume that when the fertilized egg truly becomes a baby in their mother's eyes would vary. one thing's for sure, it won't be until the mother knows of it's existence... and when we talk about teen pregnancies, well, sometimes, they can be a little, I don't know.... I want to say dumb, but maybe it's more like inexperienced? but, I've heard stories where they've gone through over half their pregnancies not realizing they were pregnant. women who've already had miscarriages may not dare allow it to be a baby early in the pregnancy... just a maybe or a might be to avoid the pain of loss. to me, it wasn't the conception, or even the positive pregnancy test, that made it a reality it was when it began moving, and I could watch it's little feet run across my stomach, when I start imagining a future with it in my life, what would he look like, what would he be like, which became expectations.... then it was a living baby!!! you may wish to believe it was a living baby at the point of conception, but how could you know that when I didn't even know a fertilized egg was present in my body... how could you know that when it was traveling down my fullopian tube when it very well could have decided to embed itself in that tube and destroy any chance it had of ever becoming anything close to a baby. how could you know that when it entered into my uterus when it so easily have been washed away failing to anchor itself into my uterus? you can't know that... you can't know that till after I take that pregnancy test and I know it for sure... and only then, only if I clue you into that fact, which wouldn't be till I came to the conclusion that it was a baby....

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: poncho1982

first... at least in the state I am living in, there is hundreds of kids that are adoptable in the foster care system....
and it's not that costly at all...
although I can't say for sure how willing they would be adopt out to a single male, i really think they'd have about the same misgivings when it came to allowing a single female. now if there was a blood relation between the child and the one adopting it, I think it wouldn't matter as much in either case. but generally speaking I think they prefer to adopt out to married couples, they see it as a more stable environment.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: poncho1982

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: fredrodgers1960

"They are to be commended. "

CONGRATS!! You just ended the life of another human, AWESOME, HIGH FIVE!! WOOHOO!!!

Said no moral person on this or any other planet.

Fred..

Exactly how many unwanted kids have you put your money where you mouth is and adopted?

Before you belittle, take stock of how you're helping those people straddling the abortion line out. Have you ever done anything other than spout off? No? Then instead of getting s#ty about abortions, MAN UP AND ADOPT THE EXISTING UNWANTED ONES. You know, that "lead by example" thing. You cannot tell people to birth kids they don't want if you're not willing to take them yourselves. All that makes you is a loudmouth hypocrite no one will give a second glance at.

Let me stop you right there. Do you know how incredibly difficult and expensive it is to adopt? I do.

As a single male, I was looked at as a pedophile because I wanted to adopt a child on my own.

The questions I was asked! I nearly got up and left the room! It was offensive, and belittling. All because I cannot father a child, and neither of my ex wives stuck around long enough for us to adopt, I'm viewed as a pervert.

The thing is, I wanted a boy, and they looked at me WORSE because I wanted to raise a boy instead of a girl.

Abortion laws are discriminatory.

Indeed, domestic adoption IS expensive. That's why people go abroad to do it.

You being sterile is NOT my problem, I don't care about your empty goods. If you wanted to adopt, you, like many others, would power through the expense and do it anyway. Plenty of agencies adopt to single dads, there's more than enough of them out there for you to be looked at as just not committing.

All I can tell from your blathering is that you shoot blanks and it's somehow every ex's fault, and not yours that you didn't adopt yet. That's not my problem to fix. It;s yours.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

So ending a life is ok with you in those circumstances. I don't condone murder, sorry.

I'm not even going to address this mindset anymore.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Lots of things are alive. It's not a person, yet, because it's not autonomous. It's an inviable life.

Just like a parasite is alive.

But, can't exist without the host.

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join