It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are American people so hung up on women having abortions ?

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Innocence project: too many people get sent to their deaths after police and prosecutorial malfeasance.

It's fiscally wasteful as well and tends to be far more expensive than life in prison.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 12:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: anonentity
a reply to: musicismagic

Its has to be a woman's choice, before the modern age, if you didn't want a pregnancy, you went to a wise woman, who would give you a handful of Mugwort, and that was that. Now its all a big deal. If anyone is against abortions they are welcome to put their money in a trust to support the mother and child.??? suddenly it all goes quiet.

Not so much quiet but morphs into shaming for not taking appropriate precautions and having fun without considering the consequences Yada Yada Yada.

The shaming continues with or without legal abortions. It's just directed at men after and used to justify exorbitant child (read: mother and child) support. "Didn't want to pay 40 percent of your income in child support? Should have wore a condom".

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Because a relevant minority of the European population doesn't send money to Super Churches.

That's the economic answer. And they are ruining the country...IdiotPatriarchs!!!

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 01:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: JBurns

Regardless, no use in fighting things that are already settled matters. Just as gun rights are a settled matter and free speech as well.

It's not settled as long as you have the President promising to appoint judges who will work to overturn Roe V Wade. It's not settled when you have VP Pence promising to make abortion illegal. It's not settled while you have state legislatures looking for ways to ban abortion in their prospective states.

Complacency is not good for liberty and freedom is never given freely, it has to be fought for, over and over again.

You do know its more probable that politicians do this to rally their base, just like the other side uses this to rally their side on and on from one hot button topic to another. The only thing a politician cares about is getting re elected. It would be political suicide to for any member of congress senate or executive branch to actually introduce such a bill, but it does rally their base and get votes. Both sides do this they use this fear of this and that to manipulate the masses, keep the division of the public easily identifiable. This is usually subterfuge and keeps prying eyes and probing questions on what is really going on. The public and the media just gobble it up hook line and sinker. All Pence is doing is setting his audience for lucrative speaking engagements when he retires.

America is at a crossroad politically if we could find a candidate that can drop the extremes on both sides and bring enough to the table for the rest of us to believe and identify with we might be able to grow as a nation. We cant do that as divided as we are. We have to find common ground become more unified because divided there will always be a slimy politician with corporate lobbyists to take advantage of this division.

THINK ABOUT THIS ISSUE for instance, minus the extremes. We want freedom and less government intrusion on our private lives, think how close that mimics the moderate right and probably a good bit of the moderate left, that sentence, that stamp should be the start because it gives the middle on both sides something we can all identify with. We all have more in common than we are lead to believe the politicians start the flames of division and the media pours gasoline on it.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 02:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

originally posted by: bastion

I'm not sure (nematodes are a good bet as they can grow from microscopic to a foot long) but the biological definition is a form of symbiosis in which one organism (called parasite) benefits at the expense of another organism usually of different species (called host) - which are met by a foetus.

It’s not at the expense of a different organism, but to its benefit.

Either way, to say a foetus is a parasite is to spit on reproduction and biology. It’s more of a dehumanizing tactic to dismiss the fact that you’re ending human life.

Nah it's modern midwifery, it's the consensus of world leading scientists in the area. Studies have shown the foetus diverts proteins to itself in preference to the mother.

By acknowledging a foetus secretes the same chemicals as parasites in order to cloak itself allows for far better care of both both foetus and mother as they're the cause of nearly all miscarriage and ill health caused to the mother. The proteins are being used in curing auto-immune disorders, arthritis and the like.

It's not intended to be dehumanizing, these people want to deliver the healthiest babies possible - Soo will have saved a few hundred million lives as she's developed and trains the WHO anti infant mortality/midwifery model that's in use. It only adds to the understanding of human biology and reproduction and makes it all the more fascinating and should provide major advancements in health.
edit on 1-7-2018 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 04:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

I'm not sure (nematodes are a good bet as they can grow from microscopic to a foot long) but the biological definition is a form of symbiosis in which one organism (called parasite) benefits at the expense of another organism usually of different species (called host) - which are met by a foetus.

Either way, to say a foetus is a parasite is to spit on reproduction and biology. It’s more of a dehumanizing tactic to dismiss the fact that you’re ending human life.

It spits on nothing. You however, spit in the face of education by resorting to emotional drivel to disregard science in favor of "heartstring tugs".

Yet it is you comparing sexual reproduction to parasitism. I wager You need this lie to cope with ending human life.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Nah it's modern midwifery, it's the consensus of world leading scientists in the area. Studies have shown the foetus diverts proteins to itself in preference to the mother.

By acknowledging a foetus secretes the same chemicals as parasites in order to cloak itself allows for far better care of both both foetus and mother as they're the cause of nearly all miscarriage and ill health caused to the mother. The proteins are being used in curing auto-immune disorders, arthritis and the like.

It's not intended to be dehumanizing, these people want to deliver the healthiest babies possible - Soo will have saved a few hundred million lives as she's developed and trains the WHO anti infant mortality/midwifery model that's in use. It only adds to the understanding of human biology and reproduction and makes it all the more fascinating and should provide major advancements in health.

Comparing pregnancy to parasitism is a lie. We can watch in real time as you use it to justify ending human life.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 05:31 AM
link   
No it's the method of how pregnancy evolved in mammals. I'm not using it to justify it, I'm correcting false info on what a feotus is and isn't. Approaches to abortion involve morals and ethics, not just the science. The terminology is used in the medical side of midwifery (looking after mother and child), it's never used in an abortion clinic or with a patient.

www.sciencedaily.com... - genomic parasites 100 million years ago trigger mamillian pregnancy in utero

How paratism reaction triggers miscariage - www.sciencemag.org...

Foetal Parasitism in Nutrition doi.org...

The placenta is a neuro-endechrine parasite, how and why this can harm mother and foetus - onlinelibrary.wiley.com...

Have a read and you'll see it doesn't make any attempt to justify ending a human life, it's the mechanism that allows fertilisation, nutrition, prevents rejection and the trigger for contractions/birth to take place.

It being parasitic makes no difference to my opinion on abortion, certainly would never say it's ok to abort just before birth as it can be classed as one - my view is the upper limit should be set at 24 weeks to ensure no possibility of a functioning CNS or viability. Still personally uncomfy with it at 23 weeks but don't think I have the right to deny someone the choice.
edit on 1-7-2018 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 05:47 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Why are Americans hung up on abortion mate? Same reason the Veitnamese are hooked on loose sex and abortions, I would suppose.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 06:18 AM
link   

its more probable that politicians do this to rally their base

True, plus unwanted children are more likely to be uneducated and can be manipulated into voting for stupid things which is what conservatives want.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 07:04 AM
link   
I’ll go with, a human’s sex drive is the natural instinct to continue the species. Turning sex into a recreational sport by controlling the intended consequences of intercourse with the barbaric procedure of abortion when other more civil means exists is not progressive and a perversion.

Abortion is like getting rid of an unwanted house guest your actions willingly placed in your home with a shotgun.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

its more probable that politicians do this to rally their base

True, plus unwanted children are more likely to be uneducated and can be manipulated into voting for stupid things which is what conservatives want.

Maybe the parents should have thought of the consequences of sex, and the basic reason humans have a sex drive before engaging in sex. Only a liberal could label the intended outcome of intercourse as a mistake?

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: CB328

Actually black women vote Dem and they are the most likely to get abortions. Abortions help Republicans as far as votes go. Good try though.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Funny nobody wants to talk about record rates of STDs while the recreational sport of sex is glorified in society?

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

That's arbitrary wording, not science. Science says that fetus is a human life, it's not debatable. It's a fact.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

Zero. I don't believe I have ever done anything to a fertilized egg by doing that. Maybe you can explain how I did?

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Trump said he's not asking that question. Try again?

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

I do too. So if I get bored of my 1 year old I need the freedom to kill it. Don't infringe on me man.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

So a bunch of unthinking unfeeling cells of someone comatose can be killed too. Good to know.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

That is an astute observation, considering those who are against abortion are largely against adopting those unwanted kids they didn't want aborted to begin with. Which is morally deficient of them, IMO.

That's why I killed my 1 year old. Morally deficient people wouldn't adopt it and I shouldn't be forced to have my life ruined over a mistake.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join