It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are American people so hung up on women having abortions ?

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Medical intervention isn't exactly nature.

Natural herbs that were used to cause abortions are, tho. Women have always found ways to abort unwanted pregnancies.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justso
a reply to: Phage

Yes. You are so wrong. The woman Does conceive and carry the child to life and then, most often, has to raise and suppport on her own. Men don't do any of it, at least most don't-so, yeah, it's her choice. Not your body.

Again on this - - the man's rights.

For eons - - woman has taken the blame - - for unwed pregnancy, not producing the right gender, not able to conceive, etc.

Pregnant women were thrown out on the streets, disowned by family, men denying they are the sperm donor, basically treated like trash to be discarded.

Oh yeah, "Hold an aspirin between your knees".

And, "If you had chosen the right man, he would have honored his responsibility".

There have been women who carried a fetus to full term, then given it to the father per his request.

For those men who the woman does not give you a say: "You picked the wrong woman". Your fault.

Paternity DNA testing needs to be mandatory per Federal Law - and ALL sperm donors required by law to support their child.

Let me know when pregnancy becomes a mandatory responsibility of the sperm donor - - per Federal Law

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

originally posted by: bastion
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

I'm not sure (nematodes are a good bet as they can grow from microscopic to a foot long) but the biological definition is a form of symbiosis in which one organism (called parasite) benefits at the expense of another organism usually of different species (called host) - which are met by a foetus.

It’s not at the expense of a different organism, but to its benefit.

Either way, to say a foetus is a parasite is to spit on reproduction and biology. It’s more of a dehumanizing tactic to dismiss the fact that you’re ending human life.

It spits on nothing. You however, spit in the face of education by resorting to emotional drivel to disregard science in favor of "heartstring tugs".

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   
This thread was a far better read than I expected it to be.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Ain't that the truth!

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Teikiatsu
I've noticed that people who say abortion is "no big deal" were never aborted.

What do you remember from before you were born?

That has nothing to do with the observation. How many people do you know who were aborted, and do not think abortion is a big deal?

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: Teikiatsu
The argument I was referring to is the one that says, "if you get pregnant it's because god wanted you to therefore abortion must be evil."

So did god want that girl to die or is abortion (murder) good sometimes?

That's a bad argument, so there is no reason to answer it.

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: DBCowboy

Some of us consider the unborn child an individual.

Those of us that do not believe that a bunch of un-feeling , un-thinking cells is a child do not deserve to be called murderers.

Might as well say that every girl who has a period and every man that masturbates is a murderer.

Humans in comas are un-thinking, and arguably unfeeling. Is it okay to kill them?

Eggs and Sperm are gametes and not a zygote/blastula/etc, so that is a bad argument.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deplorable

Yep! I'm glad I posted it. Very educational. But it's too bad we don't have members here in Asia. The thinking here is that is "stay out of my personal love life". And you know what, that makes more sense , but then again, I think the West is losing much of its common sense these days.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

We agree, for the most part
edit on 30-6-2018 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Well we are in a post religious world now but what the heck,40 is a sacred number it appears 146 times in the bible it usually refers to a time of testing isolation or trial,40 is also in Hinduism with 40 veda charecteristics,the Quoran and in Buddhism.There are 40 weeks in the womb inbetween the cycle of death and rebirth.No further comment.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Its has to be a woman's choice, before the modern age, if you didn't want a pregnancy, you went to a wise woman, who would give you a handful of Mugwort, and that was that. Now its all a big deal. If anyone is against abortions they are welcome to put their money in a trust to support the mother and child.??? suddenly it all goes quiet.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: khnum
Well we are in a post religious world now but what the heck,40 is a sacred number it appears 146 times in the bible it usually refers to a time of testing isolation or trial,40 is also in Hinduism with 40 veda charecteristics,the Quoran and in Buddhism.There are 40 weeks in the womb inbetween the cycle of death and rebirth.No further comment.

Is that so? Then only about 4% of kids are remotely sacred. The span is 10-14 days on either side of that, 38-42 weeks is the established human gestation range, and few pop 'em out at exactly 40 weeks, hence that weeks on either side of it. Many also go as long as 44 weeks.
Neither of mine bothered to abide by the 40 week rule, both went over it quite a ways. Guess they're not numerically sacred, eh?

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

I should of said average and I should of known better to insinuate life is sacred

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: khnum

I should of said average and I should of known better to insinuate life is sacred

It's a nice, feel-good buzzword, but you know as damn well as I do that it's a very hollow claim. If people actually believed it, humans and every species in existence would be treated with equal indiscernible reverence. Haven't you heard? To simply be living is to be a sacred thing now.
edit on 6/30/2018 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Relatively speaking.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

I've noticed that people who say abortion is "no big deal" were never aborted.

What do you remember from before you were born?

That has nothing to do with the observation. How many people do you know who were aborted, and do not think abortion is a big deal?

An aborted fetus knows as much as you do about what it was like before you were born.

Nothing.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

originally posted by: Deplorable

Yep! I'm glad I posted it. Very educational. But it's too bad we don't have members here in Asia. The thinking here is that is "stay out of my personal love life". And you know what, that makes more sense , but then again, I think the West is losing much of its common sense these days.

What exactly is it you want to discuss about Asia?

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity

Its has to be a woman's choice, before the modern age, if you didn't want a pregnancy, you went to a wise woman, who would give you a handful of Mugwort, and that was that. Now its all a big deal. If anyone is against abortions they are welcome to put their money in a trust to support the mother and child.??? suddenly it all goes quiet.

Here in Japan you go to a govt. hospital tell them you want an abortion. Pay the money up front, national health insurance doesn't cover it. Have the abortion and leave for work or whatever.
Really, this abortion stuff in America is like when weed was a class one felony with Nixon, no reason for it what so ever.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 08:13 PM
link   

when weed was a class one felony with Nixon,
It still is.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity

Not so much quiet but morphs into shaming for not taking appropriate precautions and having fun without considering the consequences Yada Yada Yada.

new topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join