It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are American people so hung up on women having abortions ?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

I don't care about your personal life. Get sterilized. Use condoms. Use bc. Have sex with no one or millions. Don't care. Don't care about anyone else's either. I only care if it impacts someone else.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Because they are religiously insane morons, who’s belief in an imaginary cloud being rules their miserable lives. For the most part they had kids they didn’t want so they think everyone else should suffer the same fate. Losers one and all. a reply to: musicismagic

edit on 30-6-2018 by soundguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

I don't care about your personal life. Get sterilized. Use condoms. Use bc. Have sex with no one or millions. Don't care. Don't care about anyone else's either. I only care if it impacts someone else.

The question is, "Does it impact...YOU"?

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Does someone down the street suffocating their 1 month old impact me? Is that the new metric?

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: soundguy

Religion plays literally zero role in it.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Does someone down the street suffocating their 1 month old impact me? Is that the new metric?

Nope.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Isn't this the key? When a fetus can be considered a person. Personally I see it as around 26 weeks CNS development with 24 week cut off period for abortions. Before then there's no capability to impact on it as there's no sense of pain/awareness etc...

I don't see a basis for imposing such drastic and life changing restrictions on a person without evidence it'd. Not aimed at you, aimed at people who take a personal view as far as removing a person a say in what they can and can't do with their body. There must be a basis for it as so many take it that far but can't wrap my head around it myself.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Then why are we talking about whether it impacts me since you agree it's meaningless?

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Then why are we talking about whether it impacts me since you agree it's meaningless?

I'm pointing out that both this issue and your ridiculous scenario aren't affecting you. You're projecting your belief on others. I'm of the opinion everyone should just mind their own f'n business.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: bastion

And what determines that? Does the DNA change at that stage to human DNA? You want arbitrary dates assigned to allow what you want allowed. I refuse to be led in my decision by arbitrary meaningless things.

So maybe you can explain why that date is important and why the lifeform at that point becomes human when it's previously not human.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Then you think murder and rape are fine. I don't. You are right I am projecting on you that killing people who can't defend themselves is wrong. Sorry you don't think it is.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Then you think murder and rape are fine. I don't. You are right I am projecting on you that killing people who can't defend themselves is wrong. Sorry you don't think it is.

The SCOTUS thinks it's fine, not me. Issue settled. IDK what murder and rape have to do with it by this point. More projection.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

I have adopted a can't loose philosophy regarding abortion. I know it's murder, plain and simple. I am against it completely. But I don't have the right to tell others what to do. And I don't have to live with the repercussions of taking a life, the mother does. And that is between her and God. (Even if she doesn't believe in him)

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 08:29 AM
link   

So I see you failed to actually post about anything I said. I'll wait.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Exactly. If it's legal they can do it. It doesn't change what it is.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

I have adopted a can't loose philosophy regarding abortion. I know it's murder, plain and simple. I am against it completely. But I don't have the right to tell others what to do. And I don't have to live with the repercussions of taking a life, the mother does. And that is between her and God. (Even if she doesn't believe in him)

Exactly. I'm actually pro-life. I'm also pro- mind your own business.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 08:35 AM
link   

I consider myself pro choice. I believe abortion is a necessary medical procedure and needs to he available when it's necessary.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Because GAWD tells them its a sin.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Foetal development, it's science not arbitrary dates. The 26-28 week period marks the end of the second trimester and start of the third. In the third trimester a fetus becomes capable of feeling pain and lungs develop. Before then there's no capacity to feel, be aware, be concious etc...
edit on 30-6-2018 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: bastion

It's arbitrary.

So it's the ability to feel pain that makes us human? So someone that is in an accident and loses the ability to be aware and be conscious stops being a human?

Are they not alive until your arbitrary cutoff? If they are alive what lifeform are they since they are not human?
edit on 30-6-2018 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join