It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are American people so hung up on women having abortions ?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 02:00 AM
link   
How about this:

Men stay out of it, women decide.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 02:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Men made this a political issue. Women have always paid the price. But finally in the 70s women stook a stand. By then, the Democrats saw and opportunity to recruit women and stole the show.

This is no simple poltical matter. Its no one's business but the womans. If a child is carried to the point that it could live without the mother, then it is a person and should be allowed that opportunity. You can't have it both ways, women.

And men, stay out of it. It's your fault from the beginning. You own neither the womn nor the child. It's not politics; meaning power-power over women. their bodies and the children they conceive.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 02:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Justso

It's your fault from the beginning.
No it isn't. It does, after all, take two. In most cases.

But that doesn't mean it's their decision.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 03:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: TiggersTheMan

originally posted by: norhoc
a reply to: TiggersTheMan

Again you ignore the life that is inside the womb

Which doesn't exist without my body. Regardless, it isn't your business what I do with my body. If I offed myself tomorrow, you wouldn't care, but if I was pregnant and did it, you would? I doubt that too.

that is the whole point of this thread, nobody really gives a flying shtte after once they leave the morning service of their church. me i dont care what anyone does to themselves, if they do harm to me or my love ones or if i can help without getting killed, yep then that is a different story

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 04:49 AM
link   

it was originally the christian's right to racially discriminate in their private schools that was utilized by the republican party to draw the christian community into the political arena and their party. but once that battle was lost, they searched for another hot issue to keep them interested and decided on the abortion issue.

www.politico.com...

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 04:51 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

I'm not going to watch the video.

I'm pro-choice, but Bee...
Let's just say she was good 10 years ago.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 04:53 AM
link   
If the vietnam war is the litmus for americans and their stance regarding abortions... Just really? That's the best you could come up with?

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 05:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
During the Vietnam War, many soldiers got their girlfriends knocked up. Result, abortions. And this is Buddha country. Here in Asia, one goes to the hospital and has an abortion. No one really gives a flying shte. Why are Americans so hung up on others peoples personal lives. Crazy I tell ya.

It's an interesting question. Is the fetus part of the woman's body or not?

As such, it is a separate organism, yet the woman is the one having to deal with this new life for 9 months.

It's one of the most difficult questions around - should women be allowed to terminate this new life just as they see fit?

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 05:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
a reply to: musicismagic

Because they're in a state of flux where morals are aligned to their faith, and paradox's abound because the breeding ground for life is subjective....

If single cells count as life then masturbation is mass murder - every sperm is sacred... ETA: Scientifically speaking a fetus/placenta is a parasite, it secretes phosphocholine to block proteins and protect it from being rejected by the host body (different genotype, a breakdown in this process causes pre eclampsia and miscarriage. Nematode worms use the process to stay alive in the host.

Agreed it's moral and subjective, what I don't understand is why people can't keep that choice between themselves and their significant other and feel they're entitled to remove the freedom/choice from others.
edit on 30-6-2018 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 05:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

Seems consistent to me. It's not like they oppose immigrant abortions, or promote the murder of immigrant children.

a reply to: pavil

You try to conceive a child with only just one egg cell. How does that come out?

a reply to: norhoc

I dunno, any volunteers? Usually there's someone to be found.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 05:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage
that's what the politico link if for??
the first issue that the republican party used to get the religious communities to become active in politics wasn't abortion, it was the decision to strip tax exempt status from private schools that refused to allow minority students in. at that time, there really wasn't that much concern in the religious community when it came to abortion. as the segregation issue waned and lost it's appeal, the party began to think of an alternative issue that would keep and grow that active religious base. working with some of the leaders of the christian community, they created the pro-life movement inside the churches, nurtured it and turning it into the christian right...

just a little of the history of why americans are so hung up on the abortion issue...
it was used by the leaders of the republican party and christian churches who saw as a means to gain power and destroy the line that separates church and state.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Listen. I am pro-choice. Totally.

I just don't think Samantha is helping to convince anyone who is not already convinced.

She used to be better. More clever. Now, she isn't helping.

edit on 6/30/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 05:35 AM
link   

neither are we when we are on ATS rehashing this crap over and over again.
but here we are...

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Yeah. But the good news is, we're just ATS.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 05:44 AM
link   
And Bee is just a few videos on a site with probably thousands upon thousands of videos to chose from
and well, I imagine a tv show on one of the 100+ channels many people have access to chose from...
don't like her, fine turn the channel, don't watch the video.. that's your choice.
and since I knew beforehand that the video would be rejected by some, I also left a link to another source that gives even more details as just how the conservative right came into being and how both the segregation issue and the pro-life issue played a part in that..
the op asked a question, I tried to answer it is all...

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 05:48 AM
link   

I dig the message.
The messenger, not so much. That's all.

"Our side" is just as plagued with bad messengers as any side is.

edit on 6/30/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Because they are obsessed with control.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 06:01 AM
link   

During the Vietnam War, many soldiers got their girlfriends knocked up. Result, abortions. And this is Buddha country. Here in Asia, one goes to the hospital and has an abortion. No one really gives a flying shte. Why are Americans so hung up on others peoples personal lives. Crazy I tell ya.

There you have it. People can't mind their own business today. "Your way must be my way". Whether it affects them or not. That's not just abortion. A wide variety of issues.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 07:36 AM
link   

For the same reason we're hung up on killing babies, because we'll, we believe in protecting those that can't protect themselves.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

There you have it. People can't mind their own business today. "Your way must be my way". Whether it affects them or not. That's not just abortion. A wide variety of issues.

good to hear from you again

I agree with what you have to say

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join