It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are American people so hung up on women having abortions ?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 12:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Incandescent

originally posted by: madmac5150
Life is an absolute miracle.

Destroying life is evil personified.

I presume you have never killed a bug or insect? Why is the life of, let's say, a fly less important than human life?

Do you eat meat? If so, why are you okay with having your food "murdered" so you can eat meat? Humans can survive on a vegan diet, but most humans choose to eat meat, knowing their food is the product of sanctioned murder.

I will give you a star for effort.

We live on a small farm, and we see life and death, every day. Sometimes it just isn't fair... and sometimes... it is miraculous.

New births are always a blessing. We had two new alpacas born this week. AWESOME!!!!

The death of a human is different... liberals are ok with infanticide.

Liberals will abort the crap out of some fetuses, but they will bitch and moan over animal rights.
edit on 30-6-2018 by madmac5150 because: Gattafinga!!

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 12:24 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Because we all had the same beginning, but were lucky enough to be given a chance to see if we can make something of it.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: madmac5150

You don't get to change definitions. Sorry.
A fetus is not an infant.

Call it what it is; abortion, or if you must feticide.
edit on 6/30/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 12:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: TiggersTheMan

originally posted by: Gothmog

Which "laws" prevent a person from "putting anything in their bodies" ?
Truly interested.

You're kidding, right? Take a look around the forum, it's a pretty hot topic. I'm sure you can figure it out.
Also, you misquoted.

Didnt quote. Paraphrased. Difference
So , what you are saying is you have nothing....
What I figured...

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Too complex of an issue just to rattle off blanket statements or personal stories to sway people one way or another. All I believe is both extremes are wrong. Total ban is wrong as is unlimited or unchecked or late term abortions unless it effects the health of the mother. Ive seen both sides up close, just think it really needs to get away from from politicians and be discussed with doctors both mental and physical to come up with some broad guidelines. But even that you could get caught up in a doctor's own personal views or agenda.

Dont want to control no one either like Ive said have seen both sides. So I would be pro choice just not gonna lie to myself and say its not a life when routinely 3 month premature babies have been born natural or through c section and grow into healthy children and adults since the 60's.

Of course then you have the other side of the spectrum of babies being born over and over into families that can not support them, increasing the welfare state. We got to find a better balance. I do believe it will take a few generations however, as this generation having kids seems less important than my generation and definitely the one before it.

Think it starts with respecting the right of both sides to have their opinion.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 12:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: norhoc

Would you use the same argument if the mother decided her 1 day old infant should not live and killed it? Still her "choice"?

That's a false equivalent.

No, it isn't.

The only difference between an infant one day before birth, and an infant one day after? Location.
In some cases we are talking about partial birth abortion.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 12:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

You don't get to change definitions. Sorry.
A fetus is not an infant.

Call it what it is; abortion, or if you must feticide.

You marginalize the loss of human life, in the name of humanistic ideology. Murderers slaughter the "living"... "doctors" slaughter the unborn. Sickening.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 12:47 AM
link   

What's pathetic is the double standard held by religious nuts.

Abortion is murder!

But giving a baby bone cancer, is god's divine will, he had a plan for that child...apparently dying a slow, painful death is just peachy.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 12:49 AM
link   

I'd rather you attempt to answer my questions instead of deflecting away from them.

We live on a small farm, and we see life and death, every day. Sometimes it just isn't fair... and sometimes... it is miraculous.

New births are always a blessing. We had two new alpacas born this week. AWESOME!!!!

Why is the death of humans different, though?

Terminating a foetus is not infanticide, the baby would need to have been born before a label of infant could be established.

Liberals will abort the crap out of some fetuses, but they will bitch and moan over animal rights.

Is a fetus a sentient being?

The argument claiming human lives are more valuable than animal lives is as logical as the one claiming animal lives are more valuable than human lives.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 12:52 AM
link   

As a Christian obviously I am against abortion and find it to be a disgusting act...as a Libertarian leaning person I don't want it to be illegal just because I don't like it. I also do not believe there should be government funding for abortions.
My wife is pregnant, at just 6 weeks you could see the heartbeat, at 8 weeks you could hear the heartbeat, at 11 weeks (just last week!) it had little arms and legs and was kicking its legs and moving its arms around
This has solidified to me that it is not just a "clump of cells," but I also do not believe that life begins at conception, I believe the Plan B pill should be made readily available for people, and do not mind funding for that. Some Christians would disagree with me on that though. I also absolutely despite the people that protest abortions with pictures of dead babies.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 01:00 AM
link   

I'd rather you attempt to answer my questions instead of deflecting away from them.

Why is the death of humans different, though?

Terminating a foetus is not infanticide, the baby would need to have been born before a label of infant could be established.

Is a fetus a sentient being?

The argument claiming human lives are more valuable than animal lives is as logical as the one claiming animal lives are more valuable than human lives.

Is a liberal a sentient being?

Are liberal lives worth more than conservative lives?

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 01:04 AM
link   

You'd be better off conceding that you have no plausible answers and that your narrow-minded views on this topic prevent you from thinking clearly and objectively.

What you are doing now is embarrassing yourself and your position.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 01:09 AM
link   

You'd be better off conceding that you have no plausible answers and that your narrow-minded views on this topic prevent you from thinking clearly and objectively.

What you are doing now is embarrassing yourself and your position.

I wonder...

Would you council your mother to get an abortion... ?

I would...

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 01:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: vonclod

Who decides what is right for the unborn child that cannot defend itself?

Respectfully..not you.
It would be the mothers choice..the one that has to carry it, until it's a human being.
I'm not for abortion, but I believe it's the mothers choice.

Again, if she aborts the child you should not call her mother.

Because by her actions, she literally isn't.

I'm pro-choice, by the way.

I also believe that a fetus usually turns into a human being, if left on it's own devices.

So take whatever action you want, but keep in mind that you are, in fact, not allowing someone to live.

5 kids here, 2 abortions. I own it.

I am Mother to the ones I have. I was the executioner of the other two.

All pro-choice people need to think it through. They should understand the consequences and not brainwash themselves into thinking a human is not a human until a court-appointed date.

Because that's just passing the buck in an attempt to feel good about the choice.

You were not the executioner of the unborn. As you stated "the other two". At the time you may have had the feelings of just numbers in your heart, I believe that is why you used numbers here again.

Take it easy on yourself, you see we all can make that "one" mistake in our life, it is etched in our soul, there is no escape from it.

Some events in our life will haunt us forever. Look at live as a stream with waterfalls and the 7 colors of the rainbow over it, that you know you can never touch the end of a rainbow. So let your spirit be the shadow of the past for you and don't or try not to look over your shoulder that has the shadow of maybe a mistake in your life.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Would you council your mother to get an abortion... ?

I would...

So, abortion is ok under some circumstances.

Progress.

edit on 6/30/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Well, I personally think its worth looking into when the practice is targeted towards minorities.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Anyone else find it ironic that the people who suddenly care about illegal immigrant children are the same ones who promote the murder of hundreds of thousands of unborn children every year?

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 01:40 AM
link   

What I figured...

You can't be serious. Or is this more like deliberately obtuse? As most people are aware, there are a good many substances that are illegal to partake of. Substances that have shown possible health benefits. For that matter, in various states, some sexual acts are considered illegal, yet something else that I supposedly can't put in my body, unless inserted into the "right" area. People need to mind their own business.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 01:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: TiggersTheMan

What I figured...

People need to mind their own business.

Unable to comply, being forced to care about people I don't know, or am nazi.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 01:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
And for all you right wing zealots, think of it this way. Every abortion is one less Democrat vote down the road.

You're actually investing in America's future when you support abortion.

It started out as a eugenics program, that was hailed by Hitler.

OHHHH the irony.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join