It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are American people so hung up on women having abortions ?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 08:14 PM
link   
During the Vietnam War, many soldiers got their girlfriends knocked up. Result, abortions. And this is Buddha country. Here in Asia, one goes to the hospital and has an abortion. No one really gives a flying shte. Why are Americans so hung up on others peoples personal lives. Crazy I tell ya.

edit on 0600000053162018-06-29T20:16:53-05:00165306pm8 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

+48 more 
posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Some of us consider the unborn child an individual. A human being.

And murder is distasteful to most.

+11 more 
posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Because:

1. It makes us sad to look at our beautiful children/grandchildren and imagine that they had never been born.

2. If God didn't want that life to enter the Earth realm, he wouldn't have put him/her here.

3. When I look in the mirror, I see a person who wouldn't be here, if abortion was legal at that time.

edit on 6/29/2018 by carewemust because: Added #3

+21 more 
posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 08:25 PM
link   

UMMMMM. Because most Americans are against murder

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 08:25 PM
link   

I'll solve the riddle for zero bucks and a used condome.

It's a male variant of penis envy combined with control complexes, the vagina control envy. Can I have another ride now?

edit on 29-6-2018 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

I'll solve the riddle for zero bucks and a used condome.

It's a male variant of penis envy combined with control complexes, the vagina control envy. Can I have another ride now?

Las Vegas does ring a bell.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Lol...popcorn time.

+53 more 
posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Because America is full of sexually repressed control freaks.

We cry about abortions but have no problem sending our sons and daughters out to die in unjust wars, or see them end up as trafficked sex slaves, or abused in a negligent at best foster care system.

It really doesn't make any sense.

Especially when the predominant argument against it is an invisible man who lives in the sky and loves everyone, but he needs lots of money and if you don't give it to him you'll burn for ever and ever in hell. But he loves you.

It's a sick sad world we live in.

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 08:32 PM
link   

I'm a bit suspicious of your motivation since you put this in the Pit, but ..

Some believe that the fetus is a separate human being from the mother and has the basic human right of life, making abortion infanticide. To ask them to approve is to ask them to approve of murder, so it's an emotional issue.

Some believe a fetus is just some tissue and disposable at will.

Some fall in the middle somewhere, but pretty much all are opposed to late term abortion including most doctors. Only a handful will do it and it involves birthing a viable fetus part way and killing it, even though it would live. I've talked to 2 MD's about that and both said there is never a case where a C-Section is not the right answer and safest for the mother, so there is that. They would never put the mother at more risk to kill the child. Only the most radical of radicals are for late term.

Oddly those for abortion completely miss the point that they are literally asking some people to endorse infanticide.

We are not hung up, we just disagree and the political parties being in the business of dividing the country to get votes hype it up, throw fuel on the fire and generally act like the scam artists that run the political parties.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Because people can't mind their own business, some view it as immoral, some want a level of control over others..many reasons, some heartfelt, some not.

+13 more 
posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Funny thing is, most people that are pro abortion and are ok killing an unborn child are against the death penalty and are not ok with killing a murderer.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 08:34 PM
link   

To answer your question, "why are Americans so hung up on others personal lives," it's become part of our culture. Reality TV has a ton to do with it combined with social media. Obviously this is not only in the US but you get the gist.

Folks use this for better or ill to propel their egos or fatten wallets...even both! Abortion, being a very hot topic whenever it is brought up evokes emotions and bias in everyone in a wide variety of ways.

If certain people would cease to make a spectacle and even make a celebratory show of the whole thing, I doubt many would really care.

There are thousands of children waiting to be adopted. There are also real health risks for some women to give birth. Rape also exists in our country. Therefore both arguments are valid. Thus you have a divide.

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Because they're in a state of flux where morals are aligned to their faith, and paradox's abound because the breeding ground for life is subjective....

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 08:35 PM
link   
And for all you right wing zealots, think of it this way. Every abortion is one less Democrat vote down the road.

You're actually investing in America's future when you support abortion.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
During the Vietnam War, many soldiers got their girlfriends knocked up. Result, abortions. And this is Buddha country. Here in Asia, one goes to the hospital and has an abortion. No one really gives a flying shte. Why are Americans so hung up on others peoples personal lives. Crazy I tell ya.

Because they have this insane belief that they speak on behalf of God. Of course most of them have never read the bible and are far away from following Christ.

From a psychological standpoint.

I believe that people are trapped with sinful minds because of the false religions of the fallen. So putting down sin that they perceive as worse than their own helps them to believe in their salvation.

I'm a sinner but you follow Satan type of ideology. It's a brand of insanity that eventually will end.
edit on 29-6-2018 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: norhoc

I totally support the death penalty.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 08:38 PM
link   
As Carlin put it, most people against abortion are people you would not want to f***k in the first place.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

I think its mostly the political parties platforms that keep it going. Take it out of the party platforms and it would then be a personal moral issue. It's used as a trap to keep people from changing parties.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: norhoc
a reply to: watchitburn

Funny thing is, most people that are pro abortion and are ok killing an unborn child are against the death penalty and are not ok with killing a murderer.

The reverse is true as well. A young fetus is innocent of this world and should have a chance to live. A criminal who was given the chance for life and abuses their privilege by taking another life maliciously, Should definitely suffer the death penalty.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Be that as it may.

There are folks who still hold the values for or against.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join