It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your best UK police brutality videos, all pretty lame from my youtube searches.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: MerkabaTribeEntity

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
a reply to: Serdgiam

Nobody calls cops 'sir' or 'ma'am' in the UK, it would be weird as.

Not the police, but one time I was dragged into Magistrates Court for an unpaid parking fine. As I was late paying, prosecution was also asking for an extra fee (something like £40).

I explained to the Magistrate that I'd tried to pay in installments but the office wouldn't accept anything but payment in full, before the deadline.

Long story short, as a former Army Cadet I knew to refer to my female superiors as Ma'am.

Not only did this put a huge smile on the Magistrates face, but she waived the extra fee, cut my initial parking fine in half, and gave the prosecution a dressing down for not allowing me to pay what I could when I could.

Lol, good story

I say sir and maam in court to magistrates, and your honour in court to a judge. Only a fool doesn't suck up to the people who are making the final decision about your punishment. I suck up well to be honest, nice crisp suit, humble body langauge and facial expression, pretend sorrow and regret, you name it...works every time.
Cops though, if I disagree I'll argue and call them constable.

EDIT
Have you noticed how it says police officer on uniforms these days, they are still legally defined as constables so I refuse to use officer.
Some of them hate it but they know I'm right so have to take it. I don't know why they don't like 'constable' though, it's a title with a proud history as much or more than its darkest hours. In my opinion at least.
edit on 30-6-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 07:43 AM
link   
My kids haven't been shot or flashbanged in the face yet, so there's always that.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I got assaulted by UK police once!

I got mugged one evening, a gang of 3 miscreants wanted to use my head as a bottle opener. I was beaten unconscious. When I came to, a female police officer was propping me up, and holding a white pad to my head which was bleeding quite badly, ordering me not to move, that I was safe, and an ambulance was on its way. Her partner was walking in circles around us, stopping anyone from interfering.

Technically if anyone touches you without your permission, thats assault. So technically they assaulted me. A lovely pair of officers. It wasn't until I was being loaded into the ambulance, that I noticed they were armed too.

Police brutality really doesn't happen in the UK, and contrary to a lot of stories, police can be armed (usually with modified HK MP5's restricted to single shot mode), but armed officers have to be specially trained, its not the norm.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 01:24 AM
link   
a reply to: BMorris

Cool story, I was kicked unconscious a few years ago but just before I went out I saw the flashing blue lights approaching, never been so happy to see those flashing lights in my life!

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

If they don't like constable maybe orafficer would be a reasonable compromise..

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 02:01 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Lol I like constable, it reminds them of their oath of office.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Never had to many interactions with UK police, few I did have they seemed a right reasonable group.

But then I also never had a bad interaction with US police (county and up level), saw some really shady stuff from City police.

even if I was drunk to the point I could barely stand, 2 things always stuck in my head... this person has a gun and a club... be very polite.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Constable.....I think the secret is how you pronounce the word

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
Constable.....I think the secret is how you pronounce the word

Haha yes, I have sometimes emphasised it as ****stubble for added effect. Never been shot or taken a baton for it either, bonus of British cops.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Just seen the rarest of sights in town, two, yes two, cops walking the beat! We're having a heatwave here so I sparked a conversation, actual words...

Me - Gosh you must be melting in that uniform and stab vests
Female cop - It's like wearing a plastic bin bag, I'm sweating my tits off
Me - [Laughed] #ing nightmare, stay safe and thanks for trying to keep us safe
Both cops - Thank you, take care

I love our local cops...when you actually see them of course lol

EDIT
Even more the chuckle is I was carrying a couple of items which they would deem to be not lawful...nobody is scared of our cops, must be crap living in places where people are scared of their cops.

edit on 5-7-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 07:47 PM
link   
youtu.be...

I cant figure out how to make a new post so ill just post this here

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Vicker

Interesting video but that was just more of the same US cops anger with guns. This thread is asking for examples of UK police brutality and so far nobody has posted any examples at all lol
I am now of the opinion that really US cops are psychos compared to the UK, untrained in calming situations, just roided up and angry if you don't respect their authority.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join