It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your best UK police brutality videos, all pretty lame from my youtube searches.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

What happens when they put a camera in your house though?

Surely you'd be tagged for an unregistered nail file, that'll get you an easy 1-3 years.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Its already in your "phone", each persons phone in the house.

I keep alunimun foil tape over mine.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

What happens when they put a camera in your house though?

Surely you'd be tagged for an unregistered nail file, that'll get you an easy 1-3 years.

PMSL!
They can't take away my sharpened steel pen, if they do we'll just sharpen spoons!

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Oh dear God...

What a wonderland! Tell me more of this wondrous place! Screw the peace and harmony though, all that sugar is MINE.

As for UK cops vs US cops.. can't say I see much point. The premise itself doesn't account for the vast disparity between cultures. Now, because they are similar, that is frequently overlooked or not considered, but they are very, very different places.

I mean, sure, they are all LEOs, but the differences from the foundation on up make things a lot more different than many realize.

One major concept is the difference in scale exacerbated by the actual structure of the nation. Most I've talked to from other countries don't quite grasp it, even if they have frequently visited. Hell, even folks that have been here their whole lives frequently struggle.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I have black electrical sticky tape over my laptop camera, and I have a £12 phone which doesn't even have any games on it lol

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

I agree, it is cultural. I just wonder why so many ATS members don't want to change that culture, a culture of fear from everything I read. Nobody calls cops 'sir' or 'ma'am' in the UK, it would be weird as.
We can argue with our cops with no fear of them being angry we disrespected their authority.
It seems to me that the UK is the land of the free, sorry.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Thanks for the answer!
But what about the colours scheme?
And what about the Tenters?

Have you ever tried to get a job as a Tenter?

Cornish/Cornwall...........is that where they film Doc Martin?

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   

I've had some negative experiences with cops, pretty much all my fault when younger, but can't say I've ever had fear.

It really depends on where you are talking about, going back to that whole scale and structure thing. As an actual adult (as opposed to when I thought I was) I've had arguments with cops, never called them sir/ma'am, etc. with no issue whatsoever.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

LMAO no I've never tried to be a tenter for Devon and Cornwall constabulary, I'm not skilled enough, takes a few years training to smash those tents out before the 999 responder even ends the call!
Colours though? I like them, can see a cop car a mile off here and avoid it because of their high-viz squares lol.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
What are you whining about now mate?

Honestly this post is lame as # rofl whiney mate

Weird how it was friendly banter till someone with something lodged in their ass came around and ruined it.

Oh I was just parroting you. Interesting response LOL

Anyway whine more mate. This thread is lame as #

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

Just seems more dodgy dealing with cops in the US to me.
Even population differences, the percentage of 'police brutality' on youtube don't reflect the difference between UK/US.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   

What are you whining about now mate?

Honestly this post is lame as # rofl whiney mate

Weird how it was friendly banter till someone with something lodged in their ass came around and ruined it.

Oh I was just parroting you. Interesting response LOL

Anyway whine more mate. This thread is lame as #

Wow, your second unfriendly reply in this thread, why?
You did the same in another recent thread of mine, if you have a problem with me because we've previously disagreed then just message me.
Don't be childish and off-topic calling my threads lame, just ignore them if you don't like them lol

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Link to a series of video's.

Apparently the UK cops have an issue with being filmed. Perhaps that's why there are so few video's?
edit on 6/29/2018 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/29/2018 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

It is legal to film a UK cop in any situation in a public place.
You are really stretching it if you are trying to say UK citizens get stopped from filming or phones confiscated, absolutely silly.
...oh and that is the reason we don't see much UK cop violence, lol, everyone is to scared to film it LMAO, you know how daft that sounds?

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   

I’m not going to search for the vids, but there was that time the cops shot a guy in London who they thought was armed and it turned out he wasn’t, though he was a drug dealer. There were riots following the incident.

Another time the cops tazered and smashed the head in of a blind guy with a white walking stick believing he had a samurai sword, now I can understand the cops being scared and using a tazer but to then jump on his head when he was already on the floor is a bit wtf.

Oh and that time in another protest the cops battoned a guy in the leg who was walking away from them, not even being confrontational. The guy later died from it. His last name was Tomlinson I remember that.

Then there was Hilsborough which was the cops fault and the picket lines miners strikes etc..

Most U.K. cops are decent though on the whole.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: surfer_soul
Most U.K. cops are decent though on the whole.

In recent years, yes, absolutely.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   

I think it’s because they are to bogged down with paper work these days. Then we have those pretend police PCO,s? Whatever their called I’ve seen a few of them who don’t look physically able to perform their duties, I was under the impression some level of physical fitness was required for the role.

One thing I’m sure of is that the work of the police is being increasingly privatised, and at some point in the future it will all be handled by private security.

Also I had an American customer who insisted on calling me Sir, even though I told him I didn’t like it, i think it’s just their way of being respectful.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Our but bobbies are a good bunch for the most part

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Our but bobbies are a good bunch for the most part

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: surfer_soul

No SIA badge will tell me what to do on the public highway unless it's an event. No way.
Not happening in my world, so I can leave my activist head in the top drawer yep?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join