It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop uses taser on unarmed black man for crossing legs while sitting

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz

I can't believe what I've just watched, but well I can, it's in the US.
Tazed in the back while sitting down, don't they train US cops at all?

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: Rookseven

We get to see plenty of video i this case.. I don’t care what he did previously he obviously wasn’t being a threat at that moment.

Doesnt work that way according to police he was threatening other people. If he was then them taking precautions to make sure he doesnt hurt anyone is appropriate. Especially if he was on PCP like the police claim. Which i think he was because even tazed he just kind of shook it off.

The only thing i will say about police is they rely to much on tazers today. Used to be coos would just get 3 guys and they would sit on you. But then again it was common to use night sticks so they got away from doing that i guess. People think the police are tough now used to be didnt cooperate and they beat you with a night stick. And that was the early 90s i know i was 16 and smarted off to a female officer and got clocked.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

WHAT?!?!

He was already sitting down and complying?!?!

What trash...

I suppose the cop who shot Daniel shavers in the motel hallway was justified too because he pulled his pants up while crawling on the floor begging for his life??

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Yea too bad they didn’t crack his skull open with a night stick!! Am I right?!?!

That’s trash logic..

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Conflicting or confusing orders.

How about one person only shout out commands to a person.

When will the school system be required to teach kids all the positions a person needs to know when being detained by the police. BONUS - make it into a phys ed exercise class with wax on/wax off repetition.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
Cop even warns him he will taz him if he doesnt comply. Either he was to stoned to follow instructions or to stupid. Either way they have you sit that way for a reason. Its to prevent them from being able to jump up quickly and attack you. He was obviously showing violent behavior if the cops were trying to make sure he couldnt attack someone. Though i did notice he was able to follow directions just fine after being tazed. I suspect he didnt think they were serious.

Do you prefer boots to be on or off, when you lick them?

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
When will the school system be required to teach kids all the positions a person needs to know when being detained by the police. BONUS - make it into a phys ed exercise class with wax on/wax off repetition.

Wow, you seem like you have accepted that you have to be a submissive good little citizen to your untrained cops.
We can argue with cops in the UK, I have done often...taser in the back for not having legs in the correct position, and you say the citizens should be trained, sheesh, it's the cops who should be trained.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Lab4Us

Well, except the police don’t generally release video to incite the populace...

Maybe... but they certainly don't release any videos to reassure the populace either.

...as those that only want to show their side of events seem to do, while only providing half, or less, of the whole picture.

"Their side" of the event? It either happened or it didn't. They can only show what happened from their perspective. And, as noted, the ones with both the responsibility to the public, and the taxpayer funded means to do so refuse to do so. Citizens on the street have absolutely no responsibility to the rest of us. But each and every law enforcement officer absolutely has a responsibility to the rest of us, as do their superiors.

Look, I get it.

No, obviously you don't "get it." If you did, then you would be making your demands upon those who act under the authority we grant them, and demanding accountability and responsibility for their actions.

Some citizens think they are above the law and should be able to engage in whatever behavior they choose, no matter who they hurt.

Which is why we have police and other law enforcement to protect us from those people... NOT TO BE THOSE PEOPLE!!! Because too damn many LEOs think they are above the law and should be able to engage in whatever behavior they choose, no matter who they hurt.

Thankfully, America hasn’t fallen to total anarchy, yet.

More importantly -- and apparently no thanks to you -- thankfully, the USA hasn't fallen to total tyranny by jackbooted thugs... yet.

Funny how those of us who comply with LE instructions never get tazed, shot, kicked, punched, etc. Maybe there’s a lesson in there somewhere.

Funny how lots of people who do try to comply with unreasonable and impossible LE instructions do get tazed, shot, kicked, punched etc. As many, many videos -- including this one -- prove.

Maybe there's a lesson for YOU in there someplace... if you're up to the challenge.
edit on 29-6-2018 by Boadicea because: formatting

edit on 29-6-2018 by Boadicea because: formatting

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

That’s what should be done in a legal court. This shouldn’t be done in the court if public appeals

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

you forgot, "mic dropped"

well said.

when law and order becomes lawless, we get into a vicious cycle.

there's going to be another mass casualty when the people again finally have had enough.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

I suppose the cop who shot Daniel shavers in the motel hallway was justified too because he pulled his pants up while crawling on the floor begging for his life??

BTW the feds are looking into charging that cop. God I hope they do..

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Im all for tazing the shi out of the guy if he is fighting or not following commands. But he was sitting down and tazed in the back.

WTF?

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I think the women cop was just giving bad directions to the Blackman

LIKE ALL theses cases, it will be interesting to see what other cameras have

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: SocratesJohnson

So I've been told. Repeatedly. And yet again and again we see authorities not only hide evidence of their wrongdoing but hide evidence of the accused's innocence. We have also seen the full weight and power of the authorities thrown at the accused far beyond their resources to defend themselves.

The founding fathers knew exactly what they were doing when they demanded that government act in full view of the people... no secrets... because this is what happens when those with power can act under cover of darkness.

So I will continue to default on sunshine being the best disinfectant.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   
The more I see the more I don't think America is the land of the free compared to the UK.
Citizens scared of cops and meekly complying to whatever they say, even calling them sir to boost their ego's, it's pitiful.
Nobody is scared of cops in the UK, most in my area only carry lame sticks so they have to be respectful to us. I got a stick once by a jumpy cop in a case of mistaken identity, took it off him and threw it over a wall, he crapped himself when it was just the two of us with fists.
I complied when back-up arrived but wasn't even arrested.

I can't imagine fearing cops, seems like a police state to me. Heck, even Monsanto owns the US now, they lost in the UK, no GM food is grown here because I and thousands of others destroyed their test crops in the 90's and they pulled out.
See, we can have successful activism here because there is no fear of getting shot by untrained roided up cops.
Most UK cops now have university degrees in Criminal studies or other law related degrees.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

originally posted by: roadgravel

Wow, you seem like you have accepted that you have to be a submissive good little citizen to your untrained cops.
We can argue with cops in the UK, I have done often...taser in the back for not having legs in the correct position, and you say the citizens should be trained, sheesh, it's the cops who should be trained.

Sounds to me your mom forgot to teach you manners and how to properly behave in a society. Just the fact you consider being polite as being trained says alot about you. And also the reason why police feel threatened when they deal with people like you. Thanks for ruining things for the rest of us because you have to have a tough guy attitude. I hope one day you will grow up and realize being nice to people works out far better then acting like a thug.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

you forgot, "mic dropped"

well said.

Thank you... but I think my piss poor formatting cancels out any brownie points for me

when law and order becomes lawless, we get into a vicious cycle.

Exactly. This cannot end well. Unfortunately, those who relish and admire and WANT such power never see it coming... nor do those who make excuses for it. People will only take so much. At some point, when all reasonable alternatives fail, survival instinct takes over.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Oh behave, I'm not unique, it is acceptable to disagree with cops here and argue with them, most only have lame sticks so they have to be respectful to us, I know the society I prefer, not yours full of fear of cops.
You are just a meek little citizen who accepts the warm blanket of your police state.
Land of the free my ass, you seem more like subjects than any UK citizen.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Absolutely.. and I think that is a very important point that is constantly over looked..

THE COP HAS THE ADVANTAGE IN ALL CASES...

The random citizen is not trained , armored , armed and with an unlimited supply of back up on deck every second of the day..

When a cop and an actual killer face off. The cop has the advantage..

The cop is better trained than the killer and has a vest on..

There are no classes for the citizenry to learn how to kill a cop before he kills you, but the cop has hundreds of hours of training on how to kill you before you kill him..

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   
More proof police hiring and training standards are really poor.
We see the results every day, often in the form of dead people.
Not an indictment on all police but they could do better.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join