It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs in ancient art!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 03:34 AM
link   
There's difference between a first hand observations painting and symbolism art.You need to understand this two concepts first before you can judge what really those UFO-lookalikes in the paintings/drawings etc.

First Hand Observation Drawing:Drawings that usually are done with the object/source/item/scene directly in front of you and from there you transfer it onto your medium.

Symbolism Art:Drawings based on one's pure imagination to symbolise his idea/opinion/perspective of a single theme.

I believe most people cannot differentiate between whether the UFO is just an imagination/idea of the artist or a real thing.Moreover,most of them are usually another item shaped similar to an UFO and deceives the audience to think that it's another thing(i.e Surrealism art).Sorry to burst your bubble but 90% of art is from pure imagination and creativity of the artist.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 03:37 AM
link   
there was a tribe of native americans that refered to earth as the blue planet and actually dressed up in alien heads for ceremonies...

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by andpau66
absolutely ridiculous. You would know that if you studied Art History. The whole page is nothing but a guy misunderstanding art and symbolism and then worst of all putting the context of the piece of work in modern day instead of when the work was created. This is why we can't take art out of our schools... lol we will have more people believing this junk.

Here is a good website someone made.
www.sprezzatura.it...

yes ok... lets talk poo

quote from your site

But this is not the only peculiarity of the painting: for example, to the upper left we see the Nativity Star with three other small stars, or perhaps flames.A very similar detail is present in the Madonna of the Book (1480) by Sandro Botticelli

yes this object you see above, got the explanation of a star... ok, sorry, my bad... now that i look at it, i spose it does look a hell of a lot like a star(sarcasm)

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 07:19 AM
link   
hmm, have you ever seen hyroglyohics? i meean come on, theres a picture of a person, a cow, a plow, a sun, a moon, and a ufo.

if the ufo is symbolic, then what the hell do the 5 other things represent?

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 07:40 AM
link   
As an artist, and schooled art historian myself, I think to claim that all of these are misunderstood symbols is a gross assumption. btw, another good site is ufoartwork.com (this subject has been approached in the past, and this has proved to be an excellent source). Didn't see any I haven't seen before, but please realize that some pieces are simply too eerily like modern UFO accounts to completely dismiss out of hand.

Theology is another one of my hobbies, and I can't recall scripture referring to a disc in the sky or light from such a disc, connected with the conception of Jesus, as depicted in many such works (if anyone knows otherwise, please by all means post the scripture and source). So, if it didn't come from scripture, and was depicted by numerous artists, then WHERE did it come from? It is indeed intriguing, and to state that the average viewer simply doesn't understand symbolism, is a bit of a leap of faith in and of itself. In many of these works, it is quite clear that the people are looking up at a being in a craft, in the sky, regardless of how one interprets it...

This is why we can't take art out of our schools... lol we will have more people believing this junk.

Humanities has been a basic required class for any college degree as I recall, so at least it's there to stay for now. Most pre-college students simply aren't interested. I was an odd one though, when visiting Amsterdam as a kid, my parents had to practically pry me away from the Rembrandts in the Rijks Museum, hehe...
Thank goodness both the Dali museum and the Ringling Museum (largest collection of Rubens' work and truly a fantastic museum) are close by...

[edit on 22-2-2005 by Gazrok]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join