It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sleuths decode D.B. Coopers Real Identity

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Robert Rackstraw, who is 72, has always been considered a suspect in the 1971 skyjacking.

Recently some amateur sleuths have decoded a letter sent by D.B. Cooper to a Oregon newspaper. A former code breaker with the military noticed random letters and numbers in the letter recently released by the FBI.

Deciphered, it points towards Rackstraw being Cooper and was taunting the FBI to catch him.

dbcooper.com...

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: tayton

So nothing?
Thanks and try again.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 12:45 AM
link   
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

You lost me, nothing?

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 12:58 AM
link   

living daredevil who hijacked a commercial plane in 1971 and parachuted off with a $200,000 ransom, never to be seen again.

The equivalent of $200k today is about $1.2m. For that stunt I reckon he completely under ransomed himself.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 01:03 AM
link   

I read this yesterday and all that is shown is some text from the letter - not the actual letter itself - and some of the supposedly decoded lines. If this is legit, I think we'd all like to see a copy of the letter or at least its full text, as well as how it was decoded.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Someone has a product to sell.

This time it's a documentary instead of a book.

"New Info" is the "going out of business sale" of conspiracy theorists.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 01:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: tayton
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

You lost me, nothing?

Sorry, you found something from this?

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Since we're still guessing who e really is, I'm going with DB Cowboy. Now if we can just figure out who DB Cowboy is!

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 06:40 AM
link   
If he is still alive i hope he never gets caught.
As i know he harmed nobody (if i remember right) and risked his own life with that stunt, following his plan.
For me, he is more a hero than a criminal.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I would love to believe this but the fact that the person admitted that they went into with the guy in mind. Confirmation bias is already a big problem even if you attempt to follow the scientific method front loading of info makes the results questionable to say the least....
OTOH repeated phrases that code breakers assume are going to be in every transmission the try to decode does make life a lot easier. Part of breaking the German Enigma encrypted transmissions was assisted by them making the assumption that very message would end with “Heil Hitler” (I am not and never have been a Nazi supporter so climb of that horse before trying to attack me) which gave them a start at Bletchley Park and Alene Turing (along with the pioneering Polish progress on the Enigma coding).
edit on 6/29/2018 by BigDave-AR because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/29/2018 by BigDave-AR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti

Oh, I get the feelin' DB is pretty easy to spot in those size 14 spiked heels.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti

Oh, I get the feelin' DB is pretty easy to spot in those size 14 spiked heels.

Is that John Water’s pet “actress”?

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Other researchers said he died while jumping. The body, money and parachute fell in the Columbia River and getting caught in a ships screw. Some of the money was found along the bank of the river. The remains drifted out to sea.

With the subzero temperatures during the jump, high wind speeds, at night with a difficult to open parachute made it almost impossible to pull the ripcord to get the chute open.

Rackstraw may have written the letters but he didn't do the crime. He wouldn't have survived it.
edit on 29-6-2018 by eManym because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: myselfaswell

They found a bag with most of the cash still in it just a few years ago.

I figured he died lost in the forrests, monelyess

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   
What exactly was the point of this rather long article. It didn't reveal any of the methods used... Hmm.

A wasted opportunity? Maybe... lol.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti
Now if we can just figure out who DB Cowboy is!

He's Robert Rackstraw, obviously. Please try to keep up.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I can't wait for the "History" Channel pick it up.

I'm talking about Episode II, of course. Because he already sold Episode I. 2016:

On July 10 and 11, the History Channel aired a two-part documentary chronicling an investigation by a group of Cooperites who set out to prove that Rackstraw, now 72, is D.B. Cooper. The effort was led by Thomas J. Colbert, a Los Angeles-based television and film producer who specializes in developing true-crime and romance stories.

Long before it aired, Colbert and Mark Zaid, a Washington attorney fascinated by the case, tried to persuade Rackstraw to work with them. He could, they told him in a series of emails given to The Washington Post, cash in by confessing that he’s Cooper.

source

edit on 6/29/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: LeConspiraturdo
What exactly was the point of this rather long article. It didn't reveal any of the methods used... Hmm.

They apparently focused in on certain phrases out of a letter sent to a newspaper -- which they don't know if DB Cooper sent or not -- to "decode" them as things a 1969 Vietnam Army veteran would use.

Pretty flimsy evidence. As if nobody else would ever use those phrases.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: LeConspiraturdo

They apparently focused in on certain phrases out of a letter sent to a newspaper -- which they don't know if DB Cooper sent or not -- to "decode" them as things a 1969 Vietnam Army veteran would use.

Pretty flimsy evidence. As if nobody else would ever use those phrases.

I guess that's the truth for a lot of these articles. People have fun typing but they miss the point. It's all in the delivery, but you wouldn't know... until it's too late.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
I can't wait for the "History" Channel pick it up.

I'm talking about Episode II, of course. Because he already sold Episode I. 2016:

On July 10 and 11, the History Channel aired a two-part documentary chronicling an investigation by a group of Cooperites who set out to prove that Rackstraw, now 72, is D.B. Cooper. The effort was led by Thomas J. Colbert, a Los Angeles-based television and film producer who specializes in developing true-crime and romance stories.

Long before it aired, Colbert and Mark Zaid, a Washington attorney fascinated by the case, tried to persuade Rackstraw to work with them. He could, they told him in a series of emails given to The Washington Post, cash in by confessing that he’s Cooper.

source

Ouch that doesn’t look too good at all, I hate people that pull stunts like this they #e on the whole conspiracy community.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join